SECTION A: POLICY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions of your Funeral Cover embedded deals Policy. It is important that you read and keep this document in a safe place. The insurer is Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Limited, a licensed Life insurer.
On receipt of the cover activation SMS, please ensure that you read the terms and conditions in detail as well as the information you provided to us.
Who qualifies to get this cover
To be eligible for cover under the policy, you must meet the following conditions at the start date:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be South African citizen.
- You must have a contract with Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
- The insurance cover is optional, and you must agree to the terms and conditions of the policy.
You will pay a monthly premium of R10.00 for the cover. The premium is deducted together with your Vodacom contract subscription.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you are acknowledging that:
- You have accepted the cover and that you understand all the features, benefits, associated with the Cover.
- You have considered and found this specific product to be applicable to your current objectives and circumstances.
SECTION B: POLICY BENEFITS
What we will pay for
- If you die during the period of insurance, we will pay a lump sum benefit of R10, 000 to your chosen beneficiary or to your estate, if a beneficiary is not chosen.
- The rights under this policy cannot be used to protect any person other than you.
What we do not pay for
This policy is limited to death only claims and does NOT provide cover for disability or retrenchment. Cover is only valid within the borders of South Africa.
We will also not pay any benefit if your death arises directly or indirectly from any of the following:
- Any death (other than accidental) occurring within the first 3 months from the date of inception of policy;
- War (whether declared or not), riot, radioactive contamination, nuclear accidents and similar risks;
- Use of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, or any radioactive contamination;
- Attacks on or sabotage of facilities (including but not limited to nuclear power plants, reprocessing plants, final repository sites and research reactors) and storage depots which lead to the release of radioactivity or nuclear, biological or chemical warfare agents;
- Participation in civil commotion, insurrection, riot, usurpation of power, terrorism or acts of terrorism;
- Death by suicide within the first twelve months from the date of inception of policy;;
- Wilful and material breaking of any law by the life assured;
SECTION C: CLAIMS
Should you die, your chosen beneficiary can email us at [email protected] or contact us at 082 178 00 to lodge a claim. The death notification must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Certified copy of death certificate of the deceased
- Certified copy of ID of the deceased
- a BI1663 form
- a fully completed claim form
All information provided is at the claimant’s own cost. We reserve the right to request any additional information or documentation required to validate the claim.
Claim notification period
Your chosen beneficiary must submit the claim as soon as reasonably possible up to a maximum of 180 (one hundred and eighty) days from the date of the event giving rise to the claim.
Cover under this policy have a three-month waiting period for death as a result of natural causes. No such waiting period applies if your death is an Accidental Death. A twelve-month waiting period applies for death as result of suicide. We reserve the right to waive the waiting period at our discretion.
SECTION D: GENERAL CONDITIONS
When the cover ends
Your insurance cover will end after 24 months from inception date, and no further benefit will be payable as soon as one of the following happens:
- A benefit is paid in respect of your death;
- If you cancel the insurance cover by calling 082 178 00;
- Please note that when your insurance cover under this policy ends, it will not have a cash value.
Cover Continuation Option
At the end of your contract with Vodacom (Pty) Ltd, you may continue with this cover. To continue, you must provide Vodacom Life with your banking details to continue deducting your premiums. Failure to do so may result in your policy lapsing. Vodacom will send you an SMS 31 days before the end of your Vodacom Funeral cover. We will review premiums, and the premiums may change.
Cancellation of cover
You can cancel your policy at any time after receipt of your cover activation SMS. The policy has a cooling off period of 31 days. After this initial 31 day cooling off period, this policy may be cancelled by you at any time In writing or by phoning our call centre at 082 178 00 subject to 31 (thirty) days’ notice. The agreement will come to an end immediately and no cover will be provided after that date. We have the right to cancel your policy for any reason including complying with legislation or other rules applicable to this plan; to mitigate undesirable and/or criminal activity.
Changes to Your Policy
We have the right to change the terms and conditions or cancel your policy. If we do, you will be advised in writing at least 31 days before the change or cancellation takes effect.
This cover may not be ceded or transferred to a third party as security for a debt or for any other reason.
Force Majeure refers to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, such as an act of God, acts of the State or Government, exceptional weather conditions, total national electricity failures, war or war-like activities or serious delays in public transport that may prevent us from carrying out our obligations under this agreement. In the event of a force majeure this agreement will be suspended until we can deliver on our obligations. We will, if possible, notify you of the suspension and the estimated duration of the suspension. We will not be liable for any damages caused as a result of the suspension.
Complaints & Queries
Vodacom Life provides a complaint resolution process, which aims to address any dissatisfaction you may have with your policy. You can contact our Complaints Department on 082 178 00 or [email protected] . If you have any unresolved dispute about this cover, you may refer the matter to the Ombudsman for Long-term Insurance: Tel: 086 0103236 Fax: (021) 674 0951. Email: [email protected]. www.ombud.co.za.
Should your beneficiary wish to dispute the claim decision, they have to do so within 180 days of receiving a formal communication about the outcome of the claim. They must submit the reasons for the dispute in writing for it to be re-assessed. If they would like to institute legal proceedings, it must be done within 180 days of receiving a formal communication of the claim outcome.
Should you still be dissatisfied with the outcome, you can direct complaints about our services to the the Ombudsman for Long-Term Insurance using the following contact details:
- Telephone: 0860 103 236
- Fax: +27 21 674 0951
- E-mail [email protected]
- Address: Private Bag x45, Claremont 7735
Underwriter and Administrator
Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Limited is a registered long-term insurer. This product is administered by O’keeffe & Swartz BPO (Pty) Ltd, and authorized financial services provider (FSP no: 35478) for which they receive fees.
Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Limited
Vodacom Corporate Park
082 Vodacom Boulevard
SECTION F: CONFIDENTIALITY AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
By taking out this policy, you hereby authorize Vodacom Life Assurance Company to obtain personal information from you, and when required, to share it with our third party service providers for the purposes of providing the services and benefits to which this Policy relates.
Your personal information will be stored, processed and used only by our service providers to the extent that is necessary to provide the contracted services.
Please refer to our privacy notice below for a description of how we process your personal information
This Privacy notice applies to the use of, purchase or other interaction with Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Ltd. Unless context dictates otherwise, the Vodacom Privacy Statement on https:// www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/privacy-policy/terms shall also apply to all interactions with Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Ltd, regarding any collection, use or other processing of personal information.
Personal Information Collected
- Vodacom only collects personal information required to enter into an insurance agreement, and provide the related services in relation to the agreement;
- Information collected by Vodacom includes, Name and Surname, Identity Number, Contact Number, Email Address, Bank Account Number and Policy Agreement Number.
- Vodacom does not obtain additional personal information from other sources, without your express consent.
Uses and Sharing
- Vodacom processes the information to provide you with contract cover as per agreement, for purposes of entering into or performing in terms of a contract and may use the information to provide you with information on related products or offer discount certain offerings;
- Vodacom will use the personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it;
- Vodacom does not share your personal information with other marketers unless Vodacom have obtained your explicit consent. If you do not provide your consent, Vodacom will not share your personal information;
- When Vodacom provides personal information to companies that perform services on our behalf, Vodacom require those companies to handle the personal information in accordance with our full privacy notice, as well as applicable privacy legislation. These companies cannot use your personal information for any other purpose than the reason you provided it to us.
- You may access personal information that Vodacom holds about you. You can ask us to correct any errors or delete the personal information Vodacom have about you;
- You may opt-out of any marketing messages or further contact from us;
- To protect your privacy, Vodacom may have to verify your identity before Vodacom can give you access to, or change, personal information about you.
How to Contact Us