Terms and Conditions:
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd ("Vodacom") is running the Vodacom "SunCity Takeover" Competition (the "Competition") where (2) three Vodacom customers residing in Gauteng or Northwest stand a chance of each winning a package to the Homecoming Suncity Takeover to the value of R14 000 (Fourteen Thousand rand) per winner.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Competition is open to all Vodacom customers from 14h00 on 19 November 2021 to 14h00 on 23 November 2021 (the "End Date" and the competition period will be referred to as the "Competition Period").
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
- Three (3) Vodacom customers residing in Gauteng or North West stand a chance of each winning a package to the Homecoming SunCity Takeover to the value of R14,000.00 (Fourteen Thousand rand) per customer. The total value of the Competition is R28,000.00 (Tweny Eight Thousand rand).
- The prizes are exclusive of the following:
- Items of a personal nature;
- Transport to and from the venue
- Any sightseeing and excursions that are not part of the Homecoming Takeover Package;
- Medical and travel insurance;
- Application fees for passport and/or a visa, if required;
- Additional spending money;
- Any changes made to the itinerary by the winner which results in any costs being incurred such as change of flights, additional accommodation, etc.)
- Winner eligibility is contingent on the recipients of the tickets and their guests following COVID-19 protocols as per the Government guidelines of opening of stadiums, including:
- Winner and guest need to wear a mask at all times;
- Winner and guest will each need a valid match ticket to enter the venue;
- Winner and guest will each need to bring their ID ;
- Only entries received during the Competition Period, as stipulated in clause 1 above, will qualify as potential winners.
- The Competition is only open to natural persons . Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst other Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
- Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
- Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
- Participants must reside in either Gauteng or in North West, and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
- In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
- In order to stand a chance of winning in the Competition, -
- qualifying entrants must be Vodacom users;
- download the Vodapay app;
- make a Vodacom prepaid 30 day data bundle purchase to the value of R149 or more using the Vodapay app during the Competition Period; and
- upload the screenshot of the purchase to https://bit.ly/nxtlvlcomp during the Competition Period.
- Participants are allowed to enter multiple times, but only once per purchase.
- There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition apart from the standard data costs to upload a valid entry, as explained in clause 10 Standard data costs apply as per the userâs Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
- Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes, where applicable.
- Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
- The winners will be randomly selected on or after the End Date from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winners will be notified within two (2) working days after they have been selected and verified as winners.
- All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved by Vodacom.
- Vodacom will share personal details of the respective winners, such as name and contact number with a Vodacom approved third party agency Retrolex, who will notify the respective winners that they have won in the Competition, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
- Vodacom & Retrolex will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners via SMS on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Competition.
- Vodacom & /Retrolex shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 2 (two) normal working week days after their names have been drawn and verified as winners. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon. Winners will be advised of arrangements in respect of prizes at the time of contacting the selected winners.
- Should a participant not be available on the contact details provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
- The claim for any prize will be subject to security and validation, and Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by a particular winner is valid. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves, in a manner determined by Vodacom, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure, determined by Vodacom, in order to claim any prizes, failing which such winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
- Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from a particular winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of any of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, such prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
- The winners' name and location will be displayed on vodacom.co.za/competition_winners after a period of 2 (two) working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
- Vodacom shall request the winners' consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winners may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
- All prizes will to be collected at event venue only and proof of identification will be required. No prizes will be delivered to a postal address.
- In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom will share personal details of the respective winners, such as name and surname, contact number, with a Vodacom approved third agency, Homecoming Events/ Retrolex/Red Rooster/Richmond Marketing, for distribution of the prize items, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment .
- No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
- All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom's obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
- User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
- The judges' decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom's decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
- Vodacom and/or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
- Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating in and/or the prize redemption process of the Competition.
- Vodacom, its directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties, guarantees or undertakings given by any person other than Vodacom itself.
- If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
- All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom's existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/main/termsandconditions/websitetermsandconditions.