For purposes of Video Play the following personal information will be collected: Name, Surname and MSISDN.
We may use your information for the following purposes, including but not limited to: manage your account, provide you with the Video Play Service which you have requested, carry out customer-care activities and train our staff, including monitoring calls, emails or text messages that you send us; monitor the quality and security of the Service/ App, our network and test and maintain our IT systems; review how you use the Service / App for any other purposes such as carrying out research for Content recommendation engines or statistical analysis and for marketing related purposes. In doing so, we may review how you use the Service, such as your browsing habits. We may monitor and analyse when or how frequently you access certain Content in the Video Play Service.
This, in turn, helps us make our Video Play website relevant to your interests and needs. We may use a persistent cookie (a cookie that stays linked to your browser) to record your details so we can recognise you if you visit our website again. See the next section for more details.
Sharing your personal information
We may share information about you with:
• companies in the Vodacom and Vodafone Group (Vodafone Group Plc and any company or other organisation in which Vodacom owns more than 15% of the share capital);
• developers, companies, partners and/or agents involved in delivering the Services;
• where applicable, credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies;
• debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations;
• law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law;
• emergency services (if you make an emergency call), including your approximate location.
We will release information if it is reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
If we are re-organised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation.
We may need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside South Africa. This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside South Africa, or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area.
At your option, we may also share your information with partner organisations we have chosen carefully, so they can contact you about their products and services.