Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions relate to the Vodacom Short Voice Service (SVS) and do not replace any other terms and conditions, agreements or contracts which exist between Vodacom Contract, Top Up and Prepaid customers and their Service Providers. The use of the service constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
How the service works
1. The Vodacom Short Voice Service, (’the Service’) is a voice-based short message service available to new and existing Vodacom Contract, Top Up and Prepaid customers.
2. The Service will enable you, the customer, to send a short voice message not exceeding 30 seconds in duration and in your preferred language to another Vodacom customer. It will also enable you to receive the SVS from another Vodacom customer.
3. The Service will require the use of the # key as the access key for routing the service.
4. You will need to dial the # key, followed by the recipient's number (for example # 082 123 4567) and the Short Voice server will then invite you to leave a message not exceeding 30 seconds.
5. The Service will be sent automatically and when the 30 second limit is reached or when you press the "call" or # button before the 30 second limit is exceeded.
6. The recipient will then receive an alert via SMS, provided that his/her mailbox is not full, that an SVS has arrived which can be retrieved by dialling #99.
7. You will be billed for every Vodacom SVS message that is sent.
8. The Service will work with Twincall as well.
9. Once the customer has listened to the SVS and disconnected the call, the message will be deleted. Messages will be played in First In First Out (FIFO) format.
10. No call back functionality is included.
You must be a new or existing Vodacom Contract, Top Up or Prepaid customer in order to be automatically eligible to use the Service.
No subscription is necessary.
1. The Service will be available to Vodacom customers at a rate of R 0.45 (Incl VAT) per SVS deposit. Retrieval of SVS messages are free of charge.
1. Vodacom will use its best efforts to secure the uninterrupted supply of the Service, but will under no circumstance be liable to you for any error, delay, failure or non-availability of the Service, and you indemnify Vodacom against any damage or loss you may sustain as a result of the aforesaid.
2. Vodacom reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service with or without notice. You agree that Vodacom shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any loss or damage occasioned by any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Service.
3. Vodacom has the right to change or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time with the method of notice determined by Vodacom from time to time.
4. All information relating to the Service and published on any promotional material will form part of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Any queries with regard to the Service can be raised with your Service Provider.