Vodacom Email Terms and Conditions
2. You must be a registered Vodacom customer with either:
a) A mobile contract with Vodacom or one of Vodacom’s Service Providers; or
b) A Vodacom pre-paid account with a positive account balance.
3. You will not be permitted to have more than one Vodacom Email service simultaneously.
4. Migration Rule: Migration between chargeable and free mail offering only take effect at the end of the month.
5. The Internet is a best-effort medium therefore we do not guarantee that Vodacom Email will be accessible all times.
How much does it cost.
6. The 3GB Vodacom email service is free for all Vodacom customers.
However you can upgrade to a 5GB mailbox at a cost of R29 per month. The service will be activated once funds have been deducted.
Service and network
7. Vodacom Email is subject to network capacity restrictions
8. Vodacom reserves the right to alter, suspend, restrict or cancel Vodacom Email without notice under the following conditions:
a) There is reasonable evidence that the network traffic generated by Vodacom Email is impairing, interfering with or damaging our network;
b) Maintenance is required on the network or servers;
c) We need to protect our interest of our electronic systems;
d) The prepaid account does not have sufficient credit to cover charges incurred as a result of your use of the service;
e) The Vodacom Email account is not utilised for a period of 90 days ;
f) The Vodacom Email account is abused (e.g. Forwarding of SPAM, or unsolicited mails);
g) It is requested by external parties such as the Regulator to remove the account.
Email message size and content
9. You agree that Vodacom may establish limits concerning use of Vodacom Email, including, without limitation:
a) The maximum number of days that email messages will be retained;
b) The maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by a Vodacom Email account;
c) The maximum size of e-mail message that may be sent from or received by a Vodacom Email account;
d) The maximum number of times and duration you may access Vodacom Email in a given period of time;
e) The maximum mailbox size of your Vodacom Email account.
10. You send email messages at your own risk. Vodacom take no responsibility for the content of email messages you send or access. You must comply with all applicable laws in using Vodacom Email. We do not keep records of email messages nor are we under an obligation to monitor such messages. We cannot guarantee that email messages will be delivered successfully.
11. You are provided with either a 3GB or 5GB of disk space ("mail space allocation") for the storage of email messages.
a) You are responsible for ensuring that you do not exceed the mail space allocation, the onus therefore resides with you to ensure that sufficient space is available to send and receive messages. No additional e-mail messages can be deposited in your Vodacom Email account until you create sufficient space by deleting stored messages.
b) Vodacom is not responsible or liable for the deletion or failure to store messages or other information.
c) For technical reasons, you may not be able to send or access e-mails from time to time.
Prohibited uses of Vodacom Email
12. You must not use Vodacom Email to send email messages that:
a) are indecent, obscene or otherwise offensive;
b) defame another person;
c) contravene any applicable laws;
d) are misleading or deceptive as to your identity; or
e) Interfere with any other person’s use of Vodacom Email or Vodacom’s network.
13. Please see Acceptable User Policy (AUP) for more detail regarding prohibited use of Vodacom Email.
14. You acknowledge that the Vodacom Mobile number you have nominated for Vodacom Email will appear in any email messages you send.
15. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information. It is therefore your responsibility for all conduct carried out under this email account. Vodacom is not liable for any loss of confidentiality or for any damages arising from the failure to comply with these security measures. Vodacom requests that you promptly report any unauthorized use of your password and account.