Terms & Conditions
1. WHAT are “Travel Benefits”?
Travel Benefits is a benefit in the form of travel discounts available to qualifying Vodacom Post Paid, customers. Customers are eligible to these benefits based on a tiered system which is determined by the type of tariff plan applicable.
2. HOW TO QUALIFY
To activate the Travel Benefits, customers have to:
• be 18 years or older
• be a South African resident
• be on a qualifying post-paid contract plan or a Top Up contract plan (refer to tier plans);
• be within your 24 month contract period; and
• activate MyVodacom Rewards on the MyVodacom App using their cellphone number (“MSISDN”).
By activating their Travel Benefits, customers agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Each qualifying cellphone number (MSISDN) may activate only once for Travel Benefits within a calendar year, this means January to December.
3. TRAVEL BENEFITS
Once a customer has activated their Travel Benefits, they will be eligible to receive benefits based on the tier applicable to their Standard Tariff Plan, as set out below. Note that should a customer be part of the Onyx programme, it will supersede their contract plan and qualify for Black Tier benefits.
TIERS AND TARIFF PLANS
|Uchoose Smart S||Smart S+||Red Advantage||Red VIP+||Onyx Members|
|Uchoose Smart M||Smart M+||Red Premium||Red VIP|
|Uchoose Smart L||Smart L+||Red Premium+||Red Executive|
|Uchoose Smart XL||Smart XL+||Red Classic+||Red Executive+|
|Uchoose Smart S – SIM ONLY||Smart Top Up S+||Red Select+|
|Uchoose Smart M - SIM ONLY||Smart Top Up M+||Red Select+ Top Up|
|Uchoose Smart L - SIM ONLY||Smart Top Up L+||Red More Data 6GB|
|Uchoose Smart XL - SIM ONLY||Smart Top Up XL+||Red More Data 10GB|
|Uchoose Flexi 200||Smart more data 2GB||Red More Data 25GB|
|Uchoose Flexi 350||Smart more data 4GB||Red More Data 50GB|
|Smart S – SIM ONLY||Red More Data 6GB Top Up|
|Smart M - SIM ONLY||Red Value+|
|Smart L - SIM ONLY||Red Business|
|Smart XL - SIM ONLY||Red Business+|
|Smart S||Red Professional|
|Smart M||Red Professional+|
|Uchoose Flexi 550|
|Uchoose Flexi 810|
BENEFITS IN ACCORDANCE WITH TIERS
|Buses||Greyhound||Up to 5%||Up to 5%||Up to 5%||Up to 5%||Up to 5%|
|Intercape||Up to 10%||Up to 10%||Up to 10%||Up to 10%||Up to 10%|
|Accommodation||Protea Hotels||Up to 10%||Up to 20%||Up to 35%||Up to 50%||Up to 50%|
|Local Flights||FlySaFair||Up to 5% |
On base fare
|Up to 7.5% |
On base fare
|Up to 10% |
On base fare
|Up to 15% |
On base fare
|Up to 20%|
On base fare
|International Flights||Emirates||Up to 10%|
On base fare
|Up to 20%|
On base fare
|Up to 35%|
On base fare
|Up to 50%|
On base fare
|Up to 50%|
On base fare
|Car rental||Bidvest Car||Up to 10%||Up to 15%||Up to 20%||Up to 35%||Up to 50%|
4. EMPLOYEES OF CORPORATE ACCOUNT HOLDERS
Employees of a company who hold an account with Vodacom (“Account Holder”), and have a cellphone number (MSISDN) assigned to them, can activate their Travel Benefits using their assigned cellphone number (MSISDN) on the My Vodacom App. It is at the company’s discretion (Account Holder) to give permission or authorisation for the use of this benefit..
In the event of a SIM Swap, an Authorised Administrator must contact Vodacom to deactivate the Travel Benefits and the user will have to reregister using the MyVodacom App.
5. MIGRATING TO A HIGHER OR LOWER PRICE PLAN
If the customer migrates to a higher tariff plan, they will automatically qualify for benefits applicable to the Tariff Plan they migrated to from the next billing cycle.
If the customer migrates to a lower tariff plan, they will automatically be lowered to the benefits applicable to the Standard Tariff Plan they migrate to from the next billing cycle.
If the customer moves to a different tariff plan but have already redeemed a benefit on the previous tariff plan and paid in full, they will still be able to make use of it even though they have migrated.
If the customer migrates to a Standard Tariff Plan that does not have benefits on the My Vodacom Rewards Programme, they will not be entitled to any benefits as from the next billing cycle.
6. ACCOUNT IN ARREARS
Vodacom reserves the right to cease benefits in the event that any of their accounts with Vodacom are in arrears.
7. OUT OF CONTRACT
Customers will need to renew/upgrade their contract. At month 24 (last day of contract term) of the Vodacom contract, all benefits will cease. Benefits will be reactivated 30 days after a new contract has been signed.
8. PORTING OUT OF THE VODACOM NETWORK OR TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
Should the customer port to another network or terminate their contract with Vodacom, they will not be entitled to any benefits in terms of the My Vodacom Rewards Programme with immediate effect. , however, any benefits booked and paid in full before the termination date of the contract will still be valid for use.
9. BLACKLISTED HANDSETS
Customers will not be entitled to make use of any benefits if their handset is blacklisted and no benefits will be carried over. Vodacom will reactivate your benefits in the event that their SIM Swap is successfully completed.
10. VALIDITY OF BENEFITS
Benefits are valid from 1 January to 31 December. Benefits cannot be carried over to the next year, with the exception of travel booked for the following year (if booked and paid in full).
11. PARTNER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Vodacom does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any benefits sent by email or post which is not received from a rewards partner on this programme or as a result of circumstances over which Vodacom has no control;
All benefits are provided subject to the Rewards Partners applicable terms and conditions.
Benefits from Rewards Partners must be redeemed as follows:
FlightSite is the official booking platform for MyVodacom Rewards.
Travel Benefits is a brand owned by Vodacom and managed by FlightSite (Pty) Ltd (“FlightSite”) (registration number: 2004/021024/07).
FlightSite is an Online Travel Agent (a go-between) facilitating transactions between the customer and Travel Service Providers (“Supplier(s)”), such as airlines, hotel providers, car hire companies and bus companies, and enables them to purchase such products and services.
These Terms and Conditions form the entire agreement between the customer and FlightSite regarding their purchase of a Travel Benefits product.
When making a booking on the Internet Booking Engine (“IBE”), the customer deals directly with FlightSite and they will be billed directly by FlightSite (operating under the name “Travel Benefits”) the relevant airline if they have purchased airline tickets. The customer consents to their own and travel companions’ relevant personal information being made available to FlightSite to process the reservation and the transaction and to the relevant personal information being retained by FlightSite and their suppliers and services providers, where applicable, in accordance with prevailing legislation.
o Emirates: A maximum discount of up to R2500 on base fare applies to economy class tickets. Black status clients have access to business class tickets with a discount on base fares of up to 50%. Refer to https://www.emirates.com/za/english/ for further partner terms and conditions.
o FlySaFair: Discounts only apply to base fare. Refer to https://www.flysafair.co.za/ for further partner terms and conditions.
• Car hire:
o Bidvest Car Rental: Discount is only applicable to the car rental fee. The discount does not apply to insurance, deposit or other optional extras. Should you exceed kms or extend days of usage, the discount will not be applied to those extensions. Refer to https://www.bidvestcarrental.co.za/ for further partner terms and conditions.
o Intercape: Refer to https://www.intercape.co.za/ for further partner terms and conditions.
o Greyhound: Refer to https://www.greyhound.co.za/ for further partner terms and conditions.
• Hotels: refer to the relevant accommodation properties’ websites and your booking confirmation sheet
o Protea Hotels: Refer to https://protea.marriott.com/ for partner terms and conditions.
Travel related services are provided by or through one or more Suppliers and such Suppliers and benefits, as well as the Terms and Conditions contained herein, are subject to change at any time by FlightSite without notice. All benefits are subject to availability and may be terminated without notice.
The goods and services described herein are offered and provided by third party Suppliers and FlightSite is not responsible for any losses related to the offer, fulfilment or use of the goods or services.
Contacting the Travel team
The customer may contact us and purchase selected Travel Benefits products or services via:
The Internet Booking Engine (“IBE”):
• They are only able to view selected Travel Benefits products on the Travel Benefits website.
• They can purchase Travel Benefits products directly from the Travel Benefits website via the IBE.
• To purchase Travel Benefits products, the customer must either contact a Travel consultant or alternatively access the IBE online through the Travel Benefits website to purchase selected Travel Benefits products or services available through the IBE.
• The IBE enables the customer to search online for the availability of certain Travel Benefits products or services.
• Once the customer has found suitable Travel Benefits products on the IBE, they will be able to book and purchase the selected Travel Benefits products or services online through the IBE without the assistance of a Travel consultant.
• When booking or purchasing Travel Benefits products or services online through the IBE they are dealing directly with FlightSite and will be billed directly by FlightSite and the relevant airline if they have purchased airline tickets.
• The Travel Benefits products or services advertised on the Travel Benefits website are subject to availability and the prices displayed are subject to change. We reserve the right to correct any pricing errors displayed on the website or the IBE.
• If the customer is booking and purchasing airline tickets and their passengers have a medical condition or any special requirements, such as a wheelchair, they must contact a Travel consultant on the same day that their online booking through the IBE has been confirmed so that the Travel consultant can request the required assistance for them. For further information concerning this please refer to the Product Specific Terms and Conditions.
• The Travel consultants can assist the customer in booking available Travel Benefits products or services advertised on the Travel Benefits website and also with a wide range of flights, accommodation and travel packages tailored to their needs.
• Any cancellations or changes to Travel Benefits bookings made either through the IBE or the Travel consultants must be done through the Travel consultants. The customer must also direct any Travel Benefits enquiry, compliment or complaint to the Travel consultant. They can contact the Travel consultants on:
|Travellers within South Africa||021 402 0895|
|International travellers outside South Africa||+27 21 402 0895|
• The Travel consultants are available between 08h00 to 17h00 (Monday to Friday) and are closed on weekends and public holidays.
• Email support is available on Saturdays between 09h00 to 13h00.
• Emergency support is available 24/7.
Travel Benefits specific fees and charges
The Travel Benefits fees and charges specified below are in addition to the Travel Benefits product or service purchase price and any Supplier specific fees and charges that may be imposed by Suppliers. The Travel Benefits product or service purchase price and all fees and charges will be debited directly to the customer’s nominated credit card. Our fees and charges are not refundable.
If the customer contacts the Travel consultants to assist them in purchasing a Travel Benefits product or service which is accessible via the IBE or which they are prohibited from purchasing directly via the IBE, they will be charged a booking fee (referred to as a traveller support fee) for some of these Travel Benefits bookings, irrespective of the number of Travel Benefits products or services purchased as part of that booking. A booking fee may also be charged for purchases they make directly via the IBE.
The customer will be charged a fee for changes made through the Travel consultants for confirmed bookings.
The customer will be charged a cancellation fee for cancellations made through the Travel consultants for confirmed bookings.
Below are our current Travel Benefits specific fees and charges which we may review from time to time at our sole discretion.
|Fee type||Fee amount (per passenger)|
|Online domestic fee||R 50.00 excluding VAT|
|Online international fee||R 250.00 excluding VAT|
|Offline domestic fee||R 150.00 excluding VAT|
|Offline point-to-point international fee||R 450.00 excluding VAT|
|Offline multi-stop international fee||R 500 excluding VAT|
|Flight change fees||R 250.00 excluding VAT per passenger|
|Flight cancellation fees||R 250.00 excluding VAT per passenger|
|Hotel/accommodation change fees||R250.00 excluding VAT per booking – for merchant hotel bookings only|
|Hotel/accommodation cancellation fees||R 250.00 excluding VAT per booking – for merchant hotel bookings only|
|Car hire change fees||R 250.00 excluding VAT per booking|
|Car hire cancellation fees||R 250.00 excluding VAT per booking|
|Package change fees||R250.00 excluding VAT per booking|
|Package cancellation fees||R250.00 excluding VAT per booking|
Disputes with Benefits Partners
b. Any dispute relating to benefit redemption shall be resolved between the customer and the relevant partner. Vodacom assumes no liability in this regard and by acceptance of these terms and conditions the participant indemnifies Vodacom against any claim of whatsoever nature arising out of the redemption of any benefit issued.
a. Vodacom reserves the right to amend, withdraw or cease any benefits offered under the Travel Benefits Programme.
b. Vodacom reserves the right to withdraw, cancel the customer’s participation in the Travel Benefits Programme if they breach these terms and conditions.
Vodacom reserves the right to adjust the annual spend levels or the number of tiers at any time;
c. Vodacom reserves the right to terminate the Travel Benefits Programme by providing the customer with reasonable prior written notice;
d. The Travel Benefits offering is operated by Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (Reg. No. 1993/003367/07 ("Vodacom");
e. Any reference to Vodacom in these terms and conditions shall include reference to the holding, associated and subsidiary companies of Vodacom.
13. VODACOM PRIVACY STATEMENT
Refer to https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/privacy-policy to view the full privacy statement pertaining to the collection of customer data as well as 3rd party sharing.