This privacy statement explains the information collected as part of Career Compass and how it is used. We take the privacy of our users very seriously. We ask that you read this privacy statement ('Statement' carefully as it contains important information about how we will use your personal data.
Who we are
The entities processing your data are Vodacom (Pty) Ltd as the Responsible Party, Vodafone Group Services Ltd as the operator and cut-e as our third party service provider, acting on Vodafone's instructions.
Outside of cut-e, we will not share your personal data with other third parties.
Vodacom Boulevard Vodavalley
The data we collect
We collect the following types of information as part of the Career Compass service:
- Your identification information (such as your email address)
- Third party log in details (for example, if you choose to make an account with a third party log in, such as Facebook, we will receive confirmation and successful verification information)
- Questionnaire answers (your input into our questions and your liked and deleted job suggestions)
- Job relevance (based on data such as where you are located, your age and what your job history may be)
- Technical information (such as public IP address, time and date of access, how you navigate on our site, browser settings)
What we do with your data
We process your personal data to provide you with the Career Compass service, which is the facilitation and successful delivery of our personality assessment and job recommendation service. Because of this, we rely on the performance of this service as our lawful basis to process your data. Therefore, if you do not wish for your data to be processed according to this Statement, we would not be able to provide you with this service.
The Career Compass service involves:
Personality testing and questionnaires (the amount and extent to which you complete these tests is optional);
Recommending your personal strengths based on the results of these tests;
Providing links to appropriate training based on your assessment input;
Providing links to an ongoing interactive job board based on your input; and
Technical provision and optimisation of the service.
How long we store your data
Your personal data will be stored for as long as you choose to continually use this service, or for a period of 12 months after inactivity. We store your data for this period, in case you choose to revisit the service. If you wish to erase your personal data at any point before this, this option is available to you in your account settings.
Cross border Transfer:
We will make sure that no personal information is transferred outside of the Republic of South Africa unless the recipient is subject to a law, code of conduct or contract which provides adequate protection for personal information as required by law.
You have a number of rights you can exercise over your personal data. To discuss these in more detail or to exercise them, please contact us via the details provided in the "Who we are" section at the top of this Statement.
- Access: You can request a copy of your information and details on how we have processed it.
- Rectification: If you believe the data we hold on you is inaccurate, you can request we update it.
- Erasure: You can request we delete your personal data if you no longer wish for us to process it.
- Restriction: If you wish for us to cease processing your data, you can request this.
- Portability: You can request a copy of your information to take to another company.
- Objection: You can object to us processing of your information, if we are processing it based on our legitimate interests, or in the context of direct marketing. Given we do not conduct these types of processing for Career Compass, this would not be applicable in this context.
Use of Google Analytics & Third Party Cookies
Whilst we do not interfere with any cookies preferences you have submitted with your browser, this website does use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ('Google'). If you have consented to the processing of third party cookies in your browser settings, your personal information will be processed in this way by our site.
You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website: Disable Google Analytics
For further information please visit https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html or https://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/