- Your Vodacom cellphone number serves as your Onyx programme membership number.
- Membership is valid for a period of 12 (twelve) months and is reviewed annually.
- Any and all benefits associated with Onyx programme membership are available and applicable for the year of your Onyx programme membership only. They may not be accumulated, transferred or exchanged.
- If a company is responsible for your cellphone account, it is your responsibility to ensure that benefits you receive on the Onyx programme do not contravene the company policies and procedures.
- Membership of the Onyx programme will be forfeited immediately if you port to another mobile network operator.
- Vodacom reserves the right to change the rules of the programme at its sole discretion, at any time
- Premium Service Desk access.
- You will be routed directly to the Premium Service Desk when calling 082 1903 from the cellphone number that is registered on the Onyx programme.
Annual upgrade benefit
- There is no charge associated with the annual upgrade benefit.
- The range of devices available for the upgrade is not dependent on your applicable price plan.
- You will be subsidised on your chosen device up to R20000 retail value. Amounts exceeding this is for your own account.
- This benefit is subject to renewal of your contract for a period of 24 months from the date of upgrade.
- Device insurance is your responsibility.
- Please remember to check your cellphone insurance after each upgrade to ensure it is insured for its replacement value. The Premium Service Desk consultants will be able to assist you.
Faulty, lost or stolen device benefits
- In order to exercise this benefit you will need Vodacom Device insurance that covers Faulty, lost or stolen devices, and is for your own account
- Only the device that has been used with the cellphone number registered on the Onyx programme will be replaced when lost, stolen or faulty, provided it has also been active on the Vodacom network in the last 30 (thirty) days.
- To qualify for the free replacement and delivery of your lost or stolen data device and/or its SIM card, your data service must have been used in conjunction with your data line number on the Vodacom network within the last 30 (thirty) days.
- If your device is lost, stolen, faulty or defective and requires replacement, contact the Premium Service Desk to arrange delivery of the replacement device.
- The first replacement of a faulty, lost or stolen device during the year of Onyx programme membership is provided free of charge (no excess).
- An excess fee may be charged for subsequent claims made during the same Onyx membership period.
- In terms of RICA legislation, you are required to report lost and stolen mobile devices. Notify the Premium Service Desk on 082 1903 and the consultants will assist, issuing an ITC reference number. This reference number may be required by SAPS in order to obtain a case number, or by your insurer in the event of a claim.