Vodacom Standard Terms
1. Vodacom reserves the right to suspend your service in the event that we suspect that you in any way abuse the service or if you use devices that are not compliant with ICASA specifications to access the services.
2. Vodacom reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and where such change is material Vodacom shall provide you with reasonable prior written notice before implementing such change.
3. You may access the Home Internet Capped data service (the “Service”) via the Top Up payment type.
4. The Service may only be available on a 24-month and 36-month contract.
5. You will be billed on a monthly basis for the total subscription amount for the Service, including device costs if applicable, as well as any other Value Added Services (“VAS”), bundle purchases or out of bundle usage.
6. After your contract period for the Services has expired, your contract will continue on a month-to-month basis. Any discounts applied to your contract for the period will away after the term date has been reached.
7. You may terminate your Service during the initial contract period or the renewal/upgrade period by giving Vodacom at least 20 (twenty) business days’ notice in writing. Early cancellation will be subject to a payment penalty determined by Vodacom (the “Cancellation Fee”). Vodacom may charge you up to 75% of the balance of the outstanding Service fees (the “Balance”) as the Cancellation Fee. The Balance is determined as follows: the monthly subscription amount times by the remaining months of the contract. Upon early cancellation of the Service, you will also have to pay all outstanding amounts in respect of the Services and/or Apparatus related to the Services in addition to the Cancellation Fee.
8. If you choose to cancel your Service between the 1st and the 3rd of the month the cancellation will only be effective at the end of that particular month. If you choose to cancel your Service after the 3rd of the month the cancellation will be pended to the end of the following month. You will retain your data allocation until the Service cancellation is effective.
9. You are able to do a SIM swap.
Home Internet Contract Devices
10. The Home Internet Capped tariffs are offered in 2 variations: as SIM only or bundled with a home router.
11. If you select a SIM only tariff, the SIM will only work with a compatible whitelisted home router. To view a list of the compatible whitelisted home routers, please check here: Home Internet Approved Routers | Vodacom. The responsibility to use a compatible whitelisted home router from Vodacom’s approved list lies solely on the customer.
12. If you select a SIM only tariff, Vodacom can offer you to purchase a compatible whitelisted home router outright. If you select this option, any warranty, guarantee, customer support and service and/or education pertaining to this router can and will be offered to you from Vodacom.
13. If you select a SIM only tariff but choose to use your own compatible home router then, any warranty, guarantee, customer support and service and/or education pertaining to this router will not be offered to you and/or covered from Vodacom.
14. The Service is only compatible with home routers. Therefore, it is not compatible and will not work with mobile phones, dongles and/or MiFi routers.
Contract Activation and Use
15. You can activate the Service regardless if your location has sufficient LTE coverage and capacity.
16. When you use the Service, you have to insert the SIM card into the compatible home router.
17. You will have access to the Vodacom network in LTE coverage areas and this Service does fall back on to 3G and 2G technology.
18. You may change the location in which you access the Service at any time, If your new address does not have sufficient LTE coverage and capacity, then you may have to cancel your Service and incur the Cancellation Fees. The responsibility will lie solely on the customer to ensure that their area of use has sufficient LTE coverage.
19. Depending on the tariff selected, the Service's data allocation includes a specific Anytime data and Night Owl data allocation.
20. Should you activate a tariff plan in the middle of a calendar month, the Service’s bill and respective data allocation will be pro-rated for the remainder of the month.
21. The full data allocation will be issued and applied on the 1st of every subsequent calendar month going forward until the contract term expires. The full cost of the respective tariff will be due and deducted.
22. The Service does not guarantee download and upload speeds. These are set to Best Effort. Vodacom cannot be held liable to specific upload and download speeds.
Order of consumption, validity and out of bundle
23. The Service’s Anytime data allocations will only be valid for 2 calendar months. Therefore, if Anytime data is allocated to you on the 1st of July; your Anytime data is valid up until and including the 31st of August 23:59. The customer will start every month with a new data allocation according to their respective tariff’s data allocations.
24. The Service’s Night Owl data allocations will only be valid up until the end of the calendar month of data allocation. Therefore, if Night Owl data is allocated to you on the 1st of July; your Night Owl data is valid up until and including the 31st of July 23:59. The customer will start every month with a new data allocation according to their respective tariff’s data allocations.
25. The Service will first use the data with the earliest expiry date including data that has been carried over and/or data from data bundles purchased.
26. You will forfeit all your unused data at the time of the data bundle expiry.
27. Data allocations as part of this tariff cannot be used for roaming.
28. The out-of-bundle data rate that is applicable on the Home Internet capped data plans is R0,10 cents. This charge will only be applicable if you have depleted your tariff data allocation; have no active data bundles; and have opted into out of bundle charges.
Voice, MMS & SMS services
29. The Service can receive incoming SMS. Outgoing SMS is not allowed.
30. Voice services are not enabled for these plans.
31. The Service does not include MMS services.
32. You may purchase multiple additional data bundles for the Service.
33. If you purchase additional bundles on the Top Up billing option, the cost of the additional bundles will be deducted from your airtime. If you have no airtime balance, you will be able to purchase data bundles using your credit or bank card.
Usage Notifications and Data Transfer
34. You will receive your data usage notifications via the Vodacom online channels or on any number you provide to Vodacom other than the number linked to the Service.
35. Transfer of data to another applicable Vodacom number is possible. For more information, please visit: Vodacom Terms and Conditions - Data Transfer T & Cs
36. You can also transfer purchased data bundles (that were purchased over and above the monthly tariff data allocations) to other customers that use the Service. For more information, please visit: Vodacom Terms and Conditions - Data Transfer T & Cs
37. Transfer of Ownership is possible. The sole responsibility lies on the customer to understand whether the new location has sufficient LTE coverage and capacity.
38. You can view your data balance on:
- Vodacom Online
- Customer Care channels
- My Vodacom App
39. You can migrate to another price plan option however the new plan's data allocation and terms and conditions will be applicable. Vodacom migration rules will apply.
40. You can migrate into the Home Internet Capped price plans from another Home Internet price plan however the new plan's data allocation and terms and conditions will be applicable.
41. If you migrate to a lower price plan you will be liable for a downward migration fee.
42. Migrations on Top Up plans will be pended until the end of the month and the new price plan will only take effect at the beginning of the next consecutive calendar month.
43. If you migrate to another price plan, your contract period for the Service will remain unchanged.
44. You can migrate from another data or voice contract into this Home Internet Capped data service.
45. Upon migration any discount applied on your original tariff will fall away and will no longer apply.
46. You may upgrade into or out of the Service.
47. If you upgrade into this Service, depending on the tariff you have selected, the rules pertaining to the home router devices will apply. Any discounts applied on your original deal will fall away.
48. You may not use data sharing SIM cards for the Service.
49. The customer is liable for any VAS services, bundle purchases or other purchases made over and above their subscription amount.