Vodacom Standard Terms
1. Vodacom reserves the right to suspend your service in the event that we suspect that you in any way abuse the service or if you use devices that are not compliant with ICASA specifications to access the services.
2. Vodacom reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and where such change is material Vodacom shall provide you with reasonable prior written notice before implementing such change.
3. You may access the Home Internet data service (the “Service”) via the Top Up or Contract payment type.
4. The Service may only be available on a month-to-month, 12 month, 24 month, 30 month and 36 month contract.
5. You will be billed on a monthly basis for the total subscription amount for the Service, including device costs if applicable, as well as any other Value Added Services (“VAS”), bundle purchases or out of bundle usage.
6. If choose to be billed on a month to month basis, you will be billed for the full upfront device cost and monthly subscription charge on the initial month and you will be billed for the monthly subscription, other applicable VAS, bundle purchases or out of bundle usage on the subsequent months.
7. After your contract period for the Services has expired, your contract will continue on a month-to-month basis.
8. You may terminate your Service at any time but such early cancellation will be subject to a payment penalty determined by Vodacom (the “Cancellation Fee”).
Vodacom may charge you up to 75% of the balance of the outstanding Service fees (the “Balance”) as the Cancellation Fee. The Balance is determined as follows: the monthly subscription amount times by the remaining months of the contract.
Upon early cancellation of the Service, you will also have to pay all outstanding amounts in respect of the Services and/or Apparatus related to the Services in addition to the Cancellation Fee.
· If you choose to cancel your Service between the 1st and the 3rd of the month the cancellation will only be effective at the end of that particular month.
· If you choose to cancel your Service after the 3rd of the month the cancellation will be pended to the end of the following month.
You will retain your data allocation until the Service cancellation is effective.
10. You may be able to do a SIM swap
Home Internet Contract Devices
11. As part of the Service, Vodacom will offer you the following devices:
· Huawei B353 router
12. The Service will not be offered to you as SIM only
Contract Activation and Use
13. You can only activate the Service if your location has sufficient LTE coverage and capacity. You can check the LTE coverage in your area on: https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/coverage-map
14. When you use the Service, you have to insert a SIM card into the Huawei B535 router. Please note that the Huawei B535 router is the devices that are bundled together with the Service.
15. You are only guaranteed access to the Vodacom network in the specific area that the Service is activated on and access in any other geographic will not be allowed.
16. You may change the location in which you access the Service if your new address has sufficient LTE coverage and capacity. If your new address does not have sufficient LTE coverage and capacity then you may have to cancel your Service and incur the Cancellation Fees.
17. The Service has the following download and upload speeds:
Up to and capped at 10Mbps
Up to and capped at 10Mbps
Up to and capped at 20Mbps
Up to and capped at 20Mbps
Please note that speeds are not guaranteed by Vodacom.
Order of consumption, validity and out of bundle
18. The Service’s data allocations will only be valid for 60 days, or up until the end of the calendar month following the month of data allocation. Therefore, if data is allocated to you on the 1st of July; your data is valid up until and including the 31st of August 23:59.
19. The Service will first use the data that you loaded first (the oldest data allocation) including data that has been carried over.
20. You will forfeit all your unused data at the time of the data bundle expiry.
21. After the data allocated to the Service is depleted and you have no other active data bundles, the Service will be suspended. You may use out of bundle data only if you opt into out of bundle charges using the Vodacom portal/app. The out-of-bundle rate is 44c.
22. You will have a Night Owl allocation on your Service. The Night Owl allocation will have a validity of 30 days.
Voice, MMS & SMS services
23. The Service does not include SMS, MMS and Voice services.
24. You may purchase multiple additional data bundles for the Service.
25. If you purchase additional bundles on the Top Up billing option, the cost of the additional bundles will be deducted from your airtime.
26. If you purchase additional bundles on the Post-paid billing option, the cost of the additional bundles will be added to your monthly bill.
Usage Notifications and Data Transfer
27. You will receive your data usage notifications via the Vodacom online channels or on any number you provide to Vodacom other than the number linked to the Service.
28. You can transfer data bundles to other customers that use the Service.
29. You may view your data balance on:
· Vodacom Online
· Customer Care systems
30. You can migrate to any other price plan contract option and as a result of this migration you will retain all your data allocation.
31. If you migrate to a lower price plan you will be liable for a downward migration fee.
32. Migrations between Postpaid contracts are effective immediately and all other migrations will be pended until the end of the month and the new price plan will only take effect at the beginning of the next consecutive calendar month.
33. If you migrate to another price plan, your contract period for the Service will remain unchanged.
34. You may not migrate from another data contract to the Service.
35. You may upgrade into or out of the Service
36. You may not use data sharing SIM cards for the Service.
37. The allocation for the Service cannot be used for roaming.