Facebook Flex usage rules
9. By using the Facebook Flex service, customers grant Vodacom permission to give Facebook periodic access to their cellphone number.
10. By using the Facebook Flex service, customers grant Facebook to share their information with Vodacom.
11. The Facebook Flex service allows Vodacom customers to switch between the Free or Paid-for Facebook service.
12. By using the Facebook Flex service, customers agree to receive bundle offers from Vodacom via the Facebook app. These offers will be presented to a customer when they switch between the Free and Paid-for Facebook service.
13. The Facebook Flex service will be applicable to all major mobile browsers.
14. In the event that the customer wants to access Facebook flex from a desktop using a Vodacom network, the customer should be able to access the service by typing “m.facebook.com”
15. Viewing and downloading of videos will be billed as per subscriber tariff
16. Top up and Post-paid customers who are soft locked, hard-locked or blacklisted will not be able to access the Facebook Flex service
17. The Facebook Flex service will be available to customers on the Facebook website and App
18. Customers accessing the Paid-For Facebook service will be charged for data consumed using the service
19. Should a customer select/click on a link that directs them away from the Facebook Paid For service [i.e. imbedded link/website], the usage will be billed in accordance to the customer's tariff or depleted from any other valid/available data bundle
20. If the customer is using data from a Vodacom network Wi-Fi hotspot, the data usage of the Paid For Facebook service should be billed to the Wi-Fi hotspot account
21. No data charges for will apply to customers using the Free Facebook service via the Facebook Website or App on a phone that has a Vodacom SIM card.
22. Prepaid and Top up customers should be able to access the Free Facebook service at no data cost even when they have no active data or airtime in their account
23. If a Vodacom customer is using data from a Vodacom network Wi-Fi hotspot, the data usage of the Free Facebook service should be at no cost
24. If a Vodacom customer is using data from a non-Vodacom network Wi-Fi hotspot, the customer will not have access to the free Facebook service
25. If a Vodacom customer is using data from a G-Connect Vodacom Wi-Fi hotspot, the customer will not have access to the free Facebook service
26. IOS and Windows FB applications are not supported. Customers using these operating systems would need to use their mobile browser to access Flex.
27. Facebook Messenger is not zero-rated.
Facebook Upsell Offers
28. Customers will be presented with personalised bundle offers from Vodacom through the Facebook App.
29. These offers will be presented to customers via a pop-up notification within the Facebook App when they switch between the Free and Paid-for Facebook service.
30. Customers will not be presented with upsell offers if they are using external data devices.
31. All bundles purchased from Vodacom via Facebook upsell are available as once-off offerings and will not automatically reallocate.
32. These bundles will have no associated out-of-bundle rate..
33. Customers will receive a SMS from Vodacom upon the successful allocation of bundles purchased via the Facebook app.
Vodacom reserves the right to modify or expand on these terms and conditions. Where such change is material, Vodacom will provide you with reasonable written notice prior to affecting such change.