1) When booking-in a device, it must be done by an individual who is over the age of 18 years old.
2) You are required to provide your original proof of purchase and/or delivery note when you are booking your device in for repairs. This will serve as your implied warranty initiation date.
3) In some cases your device might need to be returned to Vodacom, so we recommend that you keep the original packaging in a good condition and safely stored.
4) If your device has a lock code, security code, FMI (Find my iPhone), Google Lock or any other FRP (Factory Reset Protection) lock services, kindly ensure that you de-activate it before booking in your device for repairs. This will ensure that you avoid any unnecessary delays or additional costs.
5) Your device data will be deleted (as required by the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act) at the point of book-in. Therefore, it is crucial that you secure your data by backing up your data such as (contact numbers, photos, information of high importance and/or personal, sentimental value) before booking in your device.
6) The physical condition of your device is always taken into consideration before any warranty decisions are made for replacements or exchanges, especially within the first six (6) months from the purchase date.
What is Deemed as a Repair?
Repairing the device may include component replacement, software reload, settings etc.
Applicable to All Repairs
1) In order to protect your property, repaired devices will only be returned to you upon presentation of your signed job receipt.
2) Devices must be collected by the individual whose details appear on the job card accompanied with their ID book/card or valid driver’s license. In the event that such is collected by another person, on behalf of the aforementioned individual, the recipient must present a letter completed by the individual whose details appear on the job card. This letter must confirm the individual’s authorisation to collect the device and be accompanied by a copy of both the individuals ID book/card or driver’s license.
3) Accessories (battery, charger, micro SD card, etc.) must not be booked-in with the device unless it is required during the repair process. Vodacom Repairs will not be held responsible for any loss of SIM card, battery, charger or any other accessory booked-in unnecessarily. Please retain your SIM card and do not book this in with the device at any time. Please note that sim cards and memory cards may be cleared and destroyed if such accompany the device to Vodacom Repairs.
4) Vodacom Repairs shall be deemed authorised to replace parts and materials as necessary to complete the repair on warranty devices. However, any out of warranty devices (due to physical damage and/or lapse of warranty) a quotation will be generated. Devices not collected within 90 days of the 1st collection notification is sent to you, shall become the property of the Vodacom Repairs outlet that repaired the device. The relevant device, being owned by Vodacom Repairs pursuant to these terms and conditions, may be sold after the aforementioned 90-day period to defray costs, including but not limited storage costs.
5) All repairs undertaken, except for those in respect of corrosion and/or liquid damage, are guaranteed against faulty workmanship for a maximum period of 3 (three) months from the date that the consumer received notification to collect a device and not from the point of actual collection by the consumer.
6) Your device data will be wiped at the point of book-in, therefore it is your responsibility to protect and back up any information on the device that is of personal nature or of high business importance, as Vodacom Repairs will be unable to retrieve such data once the device has be wiped.
7) On request, Vodacom Repairs can provide a back-up service. Such services shall attract a service fee.
8) Vodacom Repairs shall under no circumstances, be held responsible for any damage, loss and/or expense arising out of or connected with the manufacturer product liability, faulty design and/or latent faulty workmanship or materials in the products and/or spare parts and for any consequential and/or unforeseen losses of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising.
All warranty repairs undertaken by Vodacom Repairs are covered under the specific manufacturer warranty.
Device Warranty and Agreement
Handsets (excluding iPhone) modems, routers and any IOT (Internet of things) devices:
1) The warranty on all devices is provided by the relevant device manufacturers. Therefore, the warranty period which is usually between 6 and 36 months will be subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions. Please kindly ensure that you refer to the manufacturer’s warranty guide for more information.
2) The warranty applied on a device starts on the date of purchase, printed on the original invoice or delivery note.
3) A standard 90-day workmanship warranty applies to all non-liquid related repairs.
4) Vodacom Repairs will manage the warranty on behalf of the various manufacturers for devices sold by Vodacom together with devices sold by other South African Networks, limited to Vodacom supported models and spare part availability.
How is the Warranty on a Device Voided?
Warranty on the device will be voided should the device be seen to be damaged this includes, but is not limited to:
1) Physical damage and/or misuse or abuse, liquid damage, repairs and/or product modifications and alterations that are executed by unauthorised third parties.
2) Modifying the exterior of the device by gluing, pasting or sticking ‘decorative’ images on the device can void the warranty if such attachments impact the interior mechanics of the device. Such attachments can also influence the strength of your network connectivity on the device.
3) The downloading of illegal software, alteration of the IMEI number on your device, whether it has been deleted, removed or made illegible, or if the internal data of your device does not comply with the proof of purchase.
4) Failing to properly follow the installation process and instructions for use, or if you use products or accessories that are not compatible with your device – such as generic accessories and other contaminated auxiliary devices.
Out of Warranty Repairs
1) These repairs will be conducted as per the requirements set out by the manufacturer.
2) Out of Warranty repairs may require an ‘assessment cost’ when a technical fault diagnosis is needed.
3) A deposit fee ‘may’ be required.
4) All out of warranty repairs will be subject to a written quotation.
5) Any quote for repairs shall be valid 10 (ten) calendar days.
6) Out of Warranty Repairs costs will be payable by the customer before the device can be released - your device will not be released until payment has been received.
Out of Box Failure (OBF)
An Out-of-Box- Failure (OBF) is defined as a new handset/modem/router and or any IOT (Internet of Things) devices that is found technically faulty within 7 (seven) days of purchase.
The OBF devices must be returned to the original store where the device was purchased failing which, it must be returned to the closest Vodacom store (preferred location of consumer). The sales entity will submit such devices to Vodacom Repairs for inspection and verification.
1) The item must be returned within 7 (seven) calendar days from the date of purchase that is printed on the official invoice/delivery note (proof of purchase). Please note that the device must be one that has been supplied by a Vodacom Retail Warehouse.
2) The original invoice (proof of purchase) as received at the point of sale must be supplied.
3) All devices shall be subjected for an assessment; this is to verify the faults reported by the customer before conducting an exchange. This assessment may take up to 7 (seven) calendar days or longer. (Timeframe may be influenced by location, courier delays and/or public holidays).
4) Devices that meet the OBF criteria but are faulty due to software issues, for example incorrect version of software and/or third party apps that can be resolved by way of a software upgrade may not be considered during the OBF resolution process.
a) A software upgrade will be performed free of charge in an attempt to resolve the fault.
b) Should this software upgrade fail to resolve the fault, and the device renders faulty within a 14-day period from the date of purchase, the device will then be approved as an OBF. The consumer must retain their proof of receipt of the device when the device is issued back to them after the software upgrade.
5) Items that qualify as OBF will only be swapped for the same make and model. However, should a consumer wish to take another make or model, they will have to pay the difference.
6) The original contents of the ‘box’, (device, original battery, original charger, manual and any other accessories) must be complete and the packaging intact/in a good condition.
7) The IMEI number on the box must match the IMEI number on the device.
Physical Damage – All Devices
The physical condition of the device must be in a good as new condition to qualify for the OBF criteria. There must be no physical damage on the product or its accessories, or any signs of neglect due to physical abuse, liquid damage, screen scratches, dents or marks.
Please Note: Physical damage (including surface scratches, marks, etc.) could result in an OBF claim being rejected.
Laptops and Desktops
The Computer (laptop or desktop) is supplied with a pre-loaded Windows Operating System, but without any additional software. The Computer is not pre-loaded with anti-virus software.
The Computer (laptop or desktop) is not covered by the Vodacom Device Warranty Agreement. The warranty is provided by the manufacturer thereof.
Refer to the manufacturer information booklets that accompany the product for a full view of Terms and Conditions applicable to your product.
While your device is in for repairs, Vodacom Repairs can offer you a loan device.
1) Loan devices are subject to stock availability within the store you have opted to book your device into.
2) Loan devices provide for voice and data continuity, which may be of the same operating system, however, may differ in terms of capability and functionality to that of your device.
3) The loan device and its accessories remain the property of Vodacom and are provided to you to use while your device is being repaired. The issuing outlet reserves the right therefore to request a refundable deposit which may not exceed the value of the device as determined in accordance with Vodacom’s official price list.
4) It remains the consumer’s responsibility to return the loan device and its accessories in proper working condition.
5) In the event of damage to the loan device and/or its accessories, you will be liable for the replacement cost of the loan device and/or its accessories or the deposit paid will not be reimbursed.
6) In the event of loss or theft of the loan device and/or its accessories you will be liable for the replacement cost of the loan device and/or its accessories or you may replace the lost/stolen device and/or its accessories with a new one of the same or similar make and model, or the same replacement value. Please note that it will be at the discretion of the Vodacom consultant to either accept or reject a replacement device based on the condition, make or model. Should the device be rejected you shall be liable to pay for the lost/stolen device instead.
7) Any device replaced by you, the consumer, must be able to operate on the Vodacom network.
8) Your repaired phone will not be returned until the loan device and its accessories have been returned, repaired or replaced (as applicable).
Terms and Conditions – Samsung Out of Warranty Promotion Campaign
1) Valid from 7 March 2021 - 6 May 2021.
2) No insurance claims will be permitted under this promotion.
3) A maximum of 2 (two) repairs per customer.
4) Limited to selected Samsung models and colors.
5) The following devices will be applicable for the Samsung Out of Warranty Promotion Campaign:
Galaxy A2 Core; Galaxy J5 Prime; Galaxy J4; Galaxy J4 Core; Galaxy Grand Prime; Galaxy A10; Galaxy A20; Galaxy A10s; Galaxy A21; Galaxy A8 2018; Galaxy J7 Pro; Galaxy A30; Galaxy A50; Galaxy A30s; Galaxy A70; Galaxy A51; Galaxy S8; Galaxy S9; Galaxy S8 Plus; Galaxy S9 Plus; Galaxy Note 8; Galaxy S10; Galaxy Note 9; Galaxy S10 Plus; Galaxy Note 10; Galaxy S20; Galaxy Note 10 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra.
6) Subject to spare part/s availability
Terms and Conditions – New Huawei LCD Campaign
1) Valid from 7 March 2021 – 6 May 2021.
2) No insurance claims are permitted under this promotion.
3) The following devices are applicable to the New Huawei LCD Campaign:
Honor 8S (Black and Blue); MediaPad T3 7 (Black); P10 (Black and Gold); P20 (Black); P20 Lite (Black and Blue); Y5 Lite (Black); Y5 Prime 2018 (Black, Blue and Gold); Y6 2018 (Gold and Black); Y6 2019 (Black); Y7 2018 (Black, Blue and Gold); Y7 2019 (Black); Y7 2020 (Blue).
4) Subject to spare part availability.