1. The data speed (throughput) of your broadband connection could be impacted by the use of WiFi extenders.
2. The speed (throughput) from a wireless extender can be influenced by the following:
I. Distance of the user from the wireless extender.
II. Distance of the wireless extender to the router.
III. Number of wireless networks in range.
IV. Number of devices connected to your wireless network.
V. Physical materials used in the construction of the home or building, especially if they obstruct the line-of-site path of the signal from the wireless extender to the user.
VI. Devices operating on the same band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) resulting in radio interference.
VII. Usage of other LAN devices resulting in traffic contention on the LAN.
3. Vodacom wireless extenders are an optional customer equipment offering for Vodacom Fibre customers as detailed in the Vodacom Fibre terms and conditions.
4. The Vodacom wireless extender is offered as a once-off purchase only.
5. The Vodacom Fibre and Vodacom Wireless Extenders terms and conditions are available at www.vodacom.co.za/fibre
6. The Vodacom Wireless Extenders terms and conditions as detailed herein are subject to change from time to time.
7. The Vodacom Wireless Extenders terms and conditions are subject to our Standard Vodacom terms and conditions.
8. Where there is any conflict between our standard Vodacom terms and conditions and the Wireless Extenders specific terms and conditions, the last mentioned shall prevail.
9. Vodacom will offer a wireless extender suited to operate with the Vodacom Fibre broadband service.
10. The following wireless extenders will be available:
I. WiFi range extender
II. WiFi powerline extender
11. Vodacom reserves the right to change the wireless extender devices offered and the price of the device from time to time.
Wireless extenders device warranty
12. The wireless extender has a 24-month warranty on the device for manufacturing defects.
13. The wireless extenders warranty period commences on the date of acceptance of delivery of the wireless extender by the customer.
14. The WiFi extenders warranty will be voided if damage is caused by malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any serial number is removed or defaced, accidents, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object into the device.
15. The warranty does not cover manuals, packaging and Ethernet cabling.
16. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear of the wireless extenders.
17. A faulty wireless extender must be reported to Vodacom Fibre Customer Care on 082 1904.
18. To ensure continuity of the service, Vodacom will provide you with a replacement wireless extender subject to the acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
I. You will be liable for the full cost of the replacement wireless extender should the manufacturer determine that your claim is invalid.
II. The cost of the replacement wireless extender will be added to your next Vodacom invoice as a once-off charge.
III. Where a WiFi extender has been financed over twelve (12) or twenty four (24) months and the evaluation determines that the claim is not valid under the warranty process you will still be liable for the cost of the WiFi extender over the contract period.
IV. You will not be liable for the cost of the wireless extender should the manufacturer deem the claim to be valid.
V. Where a valid replacement is provided, the faulty device will become the property of Vodacom.
VI. A valid warranty replacement of the wireless extender does not extend the warranty period.
VII. Should a faulty wireless extender returned be classified as a valid “in warranty” claim, the wireless extender will be replaced with the same or equivalent device.
19. The faulty device will be collected by a Vodacom-approved partner and sent to the manufacturer for evaluation.
20. The faulty device will be evaluated. Should the evaluation determine that the fault is not related to a manufacturing defect, the faulty device will be returned to you.
21. Vodacom may apply an administration cost to you should a device that has been sent for evaluation be returned by the manufacturer with “no fault found”.
22. The wireless extender is not designed for installation in an electrical distribution board.
23. The wireless extender is not designed for installation into existing electrical cabling such as lighting fixtures.
24. The above listed uses can damage the wireless extender and therefore are not covered by warranty.
25. Wireline Powerline extenders will not work in the following scenarios:
- When powered by a UPS.
- Across multiple phase power (three phase power). This is due to noticeable loss in performance or if the signal is too low, the units will not be able to communicate.
- In cases where there is significant noise on the power supply. Power supplies may be noisy. For example, if the mains transformer supplying the house is faulty or machinery is being used.