Vodacom Contract Cover
Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of your Vodacom Contract Cover Policy. It is important that you read and keep this document in a safe place. The insurer is Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited, a registered insurance company.
On receipt of the cover activation SMS, please ensure that you review the terms and conditions in detail as well as the information you provided to us. Contact us immediately if you find any inaccuracies or require us to clarify anything for you.
To be eligible for cover under the policy, you must meet the following conditions at the start date:
1. You must be at least 18 years old and not older than 63 years of age to apply for the cover;
2. You must have a contract (Postpaid, Topup or uChoose) with Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
3. The insurance cover is optional and you must agree to the terms and conditions of the policy.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you are acknowledging that:
1. You have accepted the cover and that you understand all the features, benefits, limitations and costs associated with the Vodacom Contract Cover.
2. You give Vodacom Insurance Company permission to add a monthly premium of R6, 99 to your Vodacom contract bill.
3. You have considered and found this specific product to be applicable to your current financial needs, objectives and circumstances.
SECTION A – POLICY BENEFITS
What we will pay for
If you should die during the period of insurance, we will pay a lump sum benefit equal to all the subscription fees and device financing costs in respect of the outstanding term of your Vodacom contract. This benefit will be paid to Vodacom (Pty) Ltd in order to fulfil your estate’s contractual obligation to Vodacom (Pty) Ltd. More importantly this means that you will have peace of mind knowing that your family will not be harassed for outstanding payments while they are still grieving for their loss. The rights under this policy are limited to your Vodacom contract. This policy cannot be used to protect any person other than you.
What we do not pay for
1. We will not pay any benefit if your death arises directly or indirectly from any of the following:
2. A self-inflicted injury and/or suicide within 2 years of the start date of the insurance contract cover;
3. War, riot, radioactive contamination, nuclear accidents and similar risks;
4. Use of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, or any radioactive contamination;
5. Attacks on or sabotage of facilities (including but not limited to nuclear power plants, reprocessing plants, final repository sites and research reactors) and storage depots which lead to the release of radioactivity or nuclear, biological or chemical warfare agents;
SECTION B – TERRITORIAL LIMITS
Cover under this insurance policy is restricted to within the Republic of South Africa. Cover will only be extended to outside of the Republic of South Africa if you are a lawful resident of the Republic of South Africa.
SECTION C - CLAIMS
Should you die, your next of kin or family can email us at email@example.com to lodge a claim. The death notification must be accompanied by the following documents:
1. Certified copy of death certificate
2. Certified copy of ID
The Vodacom Legal team will submit a claim on your behalf (the account holder) directly to Vodacom Insurance Company after validating that you have passed on. Vodacom (Pty) Ltd will settle and close the account upon receipt of claims approval from Vodacom Insurance Finance team. Your next of kin or family member will be contacted and advised that the contract has been settled. Your number will be changed to a prepaid number (if requested to do so) and the device will be left with your next of kin or family.
SECTION D- WHEN THE COVER ENDS
Your insurance cover will end and no further benefit will be payable, as soon as one of the following happens:
1. You reach your 65th birthday;
2. A benefit is paid in respect of death cover;
3. Either party cancels the insurance contract in writing or customer calls 082 135 or visit the Vodacom shop;
4. The date your device contract ends with Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
Please note that when your insurance cover under this policy ends it will not have a cash value.
SECTION E – CESSION
You do hereby under this policy and in terms of this cession, cede, assign and transfer all your rights, title and interest in and to this Policy, to and in favour of Vodacom (Pty) Ltd as collateral security for the outstanding term of your device contract.
SECTION F- GENERAL CONDITIONS
Cancellation of cover
a) You can cancel your policy at any time after receipt of your cover activation SMS. The policy has a cooling off period of 30 days. You will receive a refund of any premiums already paid unless the insurer has already been notified of a claim.
b) General: After this initial 30 day cooling off period this policy may be cancelled by you at any time by visiting Vodacom shop or phoning our call centre. If you cancel your policy after the cooling off period, the premiums paid will not be refunded to you as you would have had the benefit of cover. The agreement will come to an end immediately and no cover will be provided after that date.
a) If Vodacom Insurance Company does not receive the premium payment on the due date, you will not have cover for the period for which you did not pay. Vodacom Insurance Company will allow at least a 30-day period of grace for the payment of premiums.
b) The 30-day period of grace applies from the date the premium was due. If Vodacom does not receive the premium payments for 2 months in a row, the policy will be cancelled automatically.
c) For an account in arrears but within a grace period and where Vodacom (Pty) Ltd has not cancelled the contract (i.e. in good standing), Vodacom Insurance Company will honour the claim in full.
d) Insurance cover is automatically suspended if the Sim card is barred or disconnected by Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
e) If your policy agreement is cancelled, you may have to apply for a new policy.
You can apply for cover from the date of your 18th birthday. You cannot apply for cover after your 63rd birthday. Cover will end at 65 years.
If any claim under your policy involves fraud, misrepresentation or false information, the agreement may be cancelled. In this case, no pay-outs will be made and no monthly payments will be refunded
Changes to Your Policy
We have the right to change the terms and conditions, the premium rate, or cancel your policy. If we do, you will be advised in writing at least 30 days before the change or cancellation takes effect.
SECTION G- COMPLAINTS & COMPLIANCE
Complaints & Queries
We appreciate you as a client, so if at any point you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or the benefit offering, please give us a chance to resolve the matter. To ensure our focused attention, please use the following contact details if you have any query or complaint about this policy:
• Call: 082 135
Should your next-of-kin wish to dispute the claim decision, they have to do so within 180 days of receiving a formal communication about the outcome of the claim. They must submit the reasons for the dispute in writing for it to be re-assessed. If they would like to institute legal proceedings, it must be done within 180 days of receiving a formal communication of the claim outcome.
Should you still be dissatisfied with the outcome, you can direct complaints about our services to the FAIS Ombud and complaints about our products to the Short-Term Insurance Ombudsman using the following contact details:
• Telephone: 011 726 8900
• Fax: 011 726 5501/011 674 0951
• E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org