Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions of your VodaSure Contract Cover Policy. It is important that you read and keep this document in a safe place. The insurer is Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Limited, a licensed life insurance company.
On receipt of the cover activation SMS, please ensure that you review the terms and conditions in detail as well as the information you provided to us. Contact us immediately if you find any inaccuracies or require us to clarify anything for you.
To be eligible for cover under the policy, you must meet the following conditions at the start date:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a contract (Cellphone or Fibre) with Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
- The insurance cover is optional, and you must agree to the terms and conditions of the policy.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you are acknowledging that:
- You have accepted the cover and that you understand all the features, benefits, limitations and costs associated with the VodaSure Contract Cover.
- You give Vodacom Life Assurance Company permission to add a monthly premium to your Vodacom contract bill.
- You have considered and found this specific product to be applicable to your current financial needs, objectives and circumstances.
SECTION A – POLICY BENEFITS
What we will pay for
- If you should die during the period of insurance, we will pay a lump sum benefit equal to all the subscription fees and device financing costs in respect of the outstanding term of your Vodacom contract. This benefit will be paid to Vodacom (Pty) Ltd in order to fulfil your contractual obligation to Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
- An amount of R5,000 will also be paid to your eligible beneficiary or to your estate (if there is no eligible beneficiary).
- The rights under this policy are limited to your Vodacom contract. This policy cannot be used to protect any person other than you.
What we do not pay for
This policy is limited to Death only claims and does NOT provide cover for disability or retrenchment.
We will also not pay any benefit if your death arises directly or indirectly from any of the following:
- War, riot, radioactive contamination, nuclear accidents and similar risks;
- Use of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons, or any radioactive contamination;
- Attacks on or sabotage of facilities (including but not limited to nuclear power plants, reprocessing plants, final repository sites and research reactors) and storage depots which lead to the release of radioactivity or nuclear, biological or chemical warfare agents;
SECTION C - CLAIMS
Should you die, your eligible beneficiary can email us at [email protected] to lodge a claim. The death notification must be accompanied by the following documents:
- VodaSure Contract Cover Claims Form
- Certified copy of death certificate of the deceased
- Certified copy of ID of the deceased
The Vodacom Legal team will submit a claim on your behalf (the account holder) directly to Vodacom Life Assurance Company after validating that you have passed on. Vodacom (Pty) Ltd will settle and close the account upon receipt of claims approval from Vodacom Insurance Finance team. Your number will be changed to a prepaid number (if requested to do so) and the device will be left with your beneficiary.
If you chose Contract Cover Plus an amount of R5,000 will be paid to your eligible beneficiaries as follows:
- To your surviving spouse;
- If no living spouse, we will pay to the children equally;
- If the child or children are minors, we will pay the legal guardian;
- If none of the above are available, we will pay to the estate;
Claim notification period
Your eligible beneficiary must submit the claim as soon as reasonably possible up to a maximum of 180 (one hundred and eighty) days from the date of the event giving rise to the claim.
SECTION D - WHEN THE COVER ENDS
Your insurance cover will end, and no further benefit will be payable as soon as one of the following happens:
- A benefit is paid in respect of your death;
- If you cancel your Contract Cover Policy
- The date your device contract ends with Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
Please note that when your insurance cover under this policy ends it will not have a cash value.
SECTION E – CESSION
You do hereby under this policy and in terms of this cession, cede, assign and transfer all your rights, title and interest in and to this Policy, to and in favour of Vodacom (Pty) Ltd as collateral security for the outstanding term of your device contract.
SECTION F - GENERAL CONDITIONS
Cancellation of cover
You can cancel your policy at any time after receipt of your cover activation SMS. The policy has a cooling off period of 31 days. You will receive a refund of any premiums already paid unless the insurer has already been notified of a claim.
After this initial 31 days cooling off period this policy may be cancelled by calling 082135, on the My Vodacom App or going to a Vodacom Shop. If you cancel your policy after the cooling off period, the premiums paid will not be refunded to you as you would have had the benefit of cover. The agreement will come to an end immediately and no cover will be provided after that date. We have the right to cancel your policy either in writing or telephonically subject to 31 (thirty) days’ notice.
If Vodacom Life Assurance Company does not receive the premium payment on the due date, you will not have cover for the period for which you did not pay. Vodacom Life Assurance Company will allow at least a 31-day period of grace for the payment of premiums.
- The 31-day period of grace applies from the date the premium was due. If Vodacom does not receive the premium payments for 2 months in a row, the policy will be cancelled automatically.
- For an account in arrears but within a grace period and where Vodacom (Pty) Ltd has not cancelled the contract (i.e. in good standing), Vodacom Life Assurance Company will honour the claim in full.
- Insurance cover is automatically suspended if the Sim card is barred or disconnected by Vodacom (Pty) Ltd.
You can apply for cover from the date of your 18th birthday.
If any claim under your policy involves fraud, misrepresentation or false information, the agreement may be cancelled. In this case, no payouts will be made, and no monthly payments will be refunded
Changes to Your Policy
We have the right to change the terms and conditions, the premium rate, or cancel your policy. If we do, you will be advised in writing at least 31 days before the change or cancellation takes effect.
SECTION G - COMPLAINTS & COMPLIANCE
Complaints & Queries
We appreciate you as a client, so if at any point you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or the benefit offering, please give us a chance to resolve the matter by calling us on 082 135.
Should your beneficiary wish to dispute the claim decision, they have to do so within 90 days of receiving a formal communication about the outcome of the claim. They must submit the reasons for the dispute in writing for it to be re-assessed. If they would like to institute legal proceedings, it must be done within 180 days of receiving a formal communication of the claim outcome.
Should you still be dissatisfied with the outcome, you can direct complaints about our services to the FAIS Ombud and complaints about our products to the Ombudsman for Long-Term Insurance using the following contact details:
- Telephone: 0860 103 236
- Fax: +27 21 674 0951
- E-mail [email protected]
- Address: Private Bag x45, Claremont, 7735
Confidentiality and sharing of information
It is important to note that when you engage with us, you acknowledge that we require your personal information, as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013 (PoPIA) and other related regulations and need to process such personal information to provide products or services to you for purposes including to confirm, update and enhance our records, to confirm your identity and additional purposes as detailed in our Privacy Notice.
By taking out this policy, you hereby authorise Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Ltd to obtain personal information from you, and when required, to share it with our third-party service providers for the purposes of providing the services and benefits to which this Policy relates. Your personal information will be stored, processed, and used only by our service providers to the extent that is necessary to provide the contracted services.
Please refer to our Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Ltd: Privacy Notice on https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/privacy-policy/life-assurance-company for a description of how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information when you use our products and services and our website