- We reserve the right, at any time, to modify and update these terms and conditions by posting such updated terms and conditions on the Vodacom website. Any such updates shall apply to you and by continuing to make any donations, you shall be deemed to have accepted such changes.
What is ConnectforChange?
- Vodacom has created a donation platform called ConnectforChange. The platform will enable customers to donate money to a cause that they are passionate about or is close to their heart. The donations will be facilitated through an independent trust and invested into various programs. By contributing through ConnectforChange, you contribute to helping Vodacom connect South Africa to a better future.
- The ConnectforChange Trust (the Trust) was formed in 2020 and is responsible for overseeing and distributing the money raised through the ConnectforChange platform. The independent trust that is registered as a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) in terms of the Non-Profit Organisations Act 71 of 1997 and as a PBO (Public Benefit Organization) in terms of the Income Tax Act 58 of 1962 with PBO reference number: 930073694. Although Vodacom is the founder of the Trust, the Trust is a stand-alone Trust and operates outside of Vodacom and has mixture of both independent trustees and Vodacom employees as Trustees.
- The internal Trustees are Takalani Netshitenzhe and Melanie Forbes. The independent Trustees are Khensani Nobanda and Nola Dlamini.
Who are the Beneficiaries?
- The donations received will be donated to The Lunchbox Fund NPO registration number: 136-386 and PBO registration number: 930042075.
- The first five years of a childâs life are critical for their physical, social, emotional and cognitive development. The âessential packageâ of integrated Early Childhood Development (âECDâ) services in South African policy covers the five pillars of: Social Services, Maternal and Child Health Interventions, Support for Primary Care Givers, Stimulation for Early Learning, and Nutrition Support. The Lunchbox Fund seeks to address two of these five pillars â Nutrition Support and Stimulation for Early Learning â through spearheading nutrition provision in ECDC and playgroups offering quality educare across the country.
- Lunchbox Fund has reached 800 000 beneficiaries with 23 million relief meals since the onset of COVID-19. The lasting impacts of the pandemic make school nutrition important now more than ever. Millions of children in South Africa rely on a daily meal at school to alleviate hunger and enable learning. The Lunchbox Fund helps vulnerable and food-insecure children in South Africa get the education they desperately need to build a life free of poverty.
- Lunchbox pre-vets schools for the quality of their educare before they are added to the program. Lunchbox fieldworkers undertake quarterly unannounced monitoring visits to all participating schools and partner organizations to ensure adherence to the Lunchbox standards. Data is captured electronically in-field and uploaded to the Lunchbox customized cloud-based management platform, informing our food orders. Support is offered for a minimum of a year, and sustained for as long as a school has a need and adheres to program protocols.
- Lunchbox Fund partners:
- Anna Foundation
- Early Care Foundation
- LEAP Science and Maths Schools
- Ntataise Trust
- Surfer Kids
- Young Bafana Soccer Academy
Centres for Early Childhood Development:
- Ikamva Labantwana Bethu
- Lesedi Educare
- Love to Give
- Ntataise Lowveld
- Sikhululekile Reading Development
- South African Education Project
- Thata iLiza
- Waves for Change
How do I make a donation?
- You can make a donation via the MyVodacom app, via USSD by dialling *103#) or on the following bank account:
Name of account: The Connect for Change Trust
Type of account: Business Current Account
Account number: 000 572 586
Branch Name: Johannesburg
Branch code: 000205
- For Prepaid customers, the donation amount will be deducted from your pre-paid airtime balance. Vodacom will provide you with a section 18A certificate detailing all information required to claim a deduction.
- For Hybrid (TopUp) and Postpaid (Contract) customers the donation amount will be added to your contract bill at the end of the month. Your donation will appear as Vodacom Donation on your Contract Invoice. Please consult your tax or financial advisor for specific questions about your donation. All ConnectforChange donations are tax deductible. Vodacom will provide you with a section 18A certificate detailing all information required to claim a deduction.
- Your donation is immediate and irrevocable. Accordingly, ConnectforChange cannot refund or cancel a donation that you have already made.
- As a Contract customer, you may make a fixed donation amount of R2 / R5 / R10 or R50. As a Prepaid & Hybrid (Top-Up) customer, you may make a fixed donation amount of R1 or R2.
- All customers can donate their Vodabucks in the MyVodacom App towards a meal hamper that will be distributed by The Lunchbox Fund.
- You cannot donate using your data balance, for now you can only donate using your airtime balance.
- All Vodacom Contract customers have the option to donate on a once-off or recurring basis. In the event that you elect to donate on a recurring basis, the donation amount will be automatically added to your monthly bill and shall continue to do so until you cancel or opt out of the recurring donation.
- There is no recurring donation for Vodacom Prepaid or Hybrid (Top-Up) customers, you will have to actively make a donation every time you wish to do so.
- You can donate as often as you want, however recurring donation will only be once a month. Recurring amount can be changed; and will reflect from the following month onwards.
- To cancel a recurring donation option, please follow the Opt-Out steps on My Vodacom App and USSD string *103#
- Vodacom Customer Care call 135 or dial *135#
Account enquiry call 137
To view your airtime balance dial *136#
To cancel a recurring donation option, please follow the Opt-Out steps My Vodacom App or on USSD string *103#