Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions of your VodaSure iPhone Screen Cover and Extended Warranty Plans. It is important that you read and keep this document in a safe place. This extended warranty plan is underwritten by Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited, a registered non-life insurer.
These Terms and Conditions govern the iPhone extended warranty product provided to you by Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited (“hereinafter referred to as we, us and our”) for your Apple iPhone (“Covered Device”) excluding the accessories contained in its original packaging listed on your proof of coverage document purchased from any of our authorized dealers and retailers.
- “Good-As-New Device (GAN)” means a device that has been re-conditioned, inspected, tested and restored to full working condition.
- “Insured Device”, “Covered Device” means the cellphone covered under this Policy.
- “Policy” means this agreement between You and Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited.
- “Screen” refers to the display or display assembly or LCD or touchscreen components located at the front of the device.
- “Vodacom Deal” means the deal entered into between You and Vodacom pursuant to which Your SIM Card is activated by Vodacom and Your device is enabled on the Vodacom cellular telecommunications service and any related services on the Vodacom network.
- “Vodacom” means Vodacom (Pty) Ltd
- “We”, “Us” refers to the insurer, Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Limited
- “You”, “Your” is the person in whose name the Policy is issued.
Vodacom iPhone Screen Cover and Extended Warranty is only available as part of pre-defined deals. This product cannot be purchased as a standalone offer.
When Coverage Begins and Ends
Your Covered Device comes with a one (1) year warranty from the manufacturer. Therefore, the warranty from date of purchase lies with the manufacturer for the duration of the implied warranty period of twelve (12) months and is subject to the manufacturer Terms and Conditions.
The extended warranty benefit provides a one (1) year extension to the existing warranty, on qualifying Vodacom Deals. This puts your Covered Device under warranty for a period of twenty-four (24) months. The extended warranty automatically comes into effect once the standard twelve (12) month manufacturer warranty expires. Coverage ends twenty-four (24) months from the original date of retail purchase of your Covered Device.
The screen cover benefit comes into effect immediately upon purchase of a device on a qualifying Vodacom Deal. This provides you with cover for a maximum of one screen damage claim over the first twenty-four (24) months taking up the qualifying deal. Coverage ends twenty-four (24) months from the original date of retail purchase of your Covered Device.
What is Covered?
Screen Cover Benefit:
If during the first twenty-four (24) months of your qualifying Vodacom Deal, you submit a valid claim by notifying us that the front Screen of Your Insured Device is cracked or damaged, we will either:
- pay the cost of repairs that are specifically related to repairing the screen of your Covered Device, or
- exchange the Covered Device with a replacement device that is the same or similar model of the Covered Device, or a GAN device, which may contain new or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability. If we exchange the Covered Device, the original device becomes our property and the replacement device is your property.
Extended Warranty Benefit:
If during the extended warranty plan period of between twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months, you submit a valid claim by notifying us that a defect in materials and workmanship has arisen in the Covered Device, we will either:
- repair the defect, using new or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or
- exchange the Covered Device with a replacement device that is the same or similar model of the Covered Device, or a GAN device, which may contain new or refurbished parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability. If we exchange the Covered Device, the original device becomes our property and the replacement device is your property, with coverage for the remaining period of the extended warranty plan.
What is NOT Covered?
Screen Cover Benefit:
- We will not pay out if Your device is stolen or lost.
- We will not pay out for any repairs to the Screen if there is any liquid damage to the insured device
- We will not pay for any additional accessories, cover is limited to the screen of the device.
- We will not pay for any other repairs to the device except for the repairs to the front Screen, whether the other repair is related to the cracked/damaged Screen or not. You will have to pay for the cost of such repairs.
- We will not pay for a Screen repair if the device will not be in a working condition after the screen is repaired/replaced.
- We will not cover You for any repairs covered under the device manufacturer warranty;
- We will not pay for normal wear and tear, including scratches;
Extended Warranty Benefit:
- This benefit does not apply to a Covered Device that has been physically damaged, lost or stolen.
- This benefit does not apply to accidental or physical damage to the Covered Device, including but not limited to liquid damage.
- This benefit does not apply to preventative maintenance on the Covered Device.
- This benefit does not apply to defects caused by normal wear and tear or which is otherwise due to normal aging of the product.
- This benefit does not apply when operating the Covered Device outside the permitted or intended uses described by the manufacturer.
- This benefit does not apply to damage caused by disassembling, repairs or services performed on the Covered Device (including upgrades and expansions) if such was performed by anyone who is not an authorised Vodacom Repairer or technician;
- This benefit does not apply to a device with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of the manufacturer.
How to Claim
All claims must be submitted to Us in writing within 30(thirty) days of the incident. Claim forms are available at any Vodacom shop or can be accessed on our website at www.vodacom.co.za/insurance. You can also call Us on 082 1952. All completed claim forms must be emailed to: [email protected]
The Covered Device must be taken to a Vodacom Repairs outlet in order to be assessed.
You may be required to provide an explanation of where and when the event occurred with a detailed description of the actual event.
The Vodacom Repairs technical staff have all been fully trained in accordance with the requirements laid down by the manufacturer, as well as on the GSM technical and manufacturers testing equipment and on the software upgrade systems.
In the event that the claim is approved We will reimburse the authorised repair centre directly for the value of the repairs. No payment will be made directly to You.
In certain circumstances, based on the value of the repair and/or the standard Vodacom repair process the fulfilment of the claim may result in the device being replaced instead of repaired. This replacement device will be a GAN device of the same or similar type and will be done at Our discretion.
If You are given a replacement device, the damaged device becomes Our property and must be handed to the authorised repair centre that provided Your replacement device.
In the event of your claim being the subject of a dispute or is rejected by us, you may make representation to us by calling 082135 or by sending an email to [email protected] . If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome of your claim, you are entitled to approach the Short Term Insurance Ombudsman at:
You have 90 (ninety) days from the date of receipt of the notice of rejection or dispute from us to lodge such representation. In the event of a dispute being unresolved You must take legal action by way of summons against Us within 180 (one-hundred-and-eighty) days after expiry of the initial 90 (ninety) day period, failing which You will forfeit Your claim and no liability can arise in terms of such a claim.
Should you fail to collect a device which has been repaired within 60 (sixty) days from date of booking in the Covered Device for repair, you will forfeit the claim and the device will be sold or returned to stock to defray expenses.
What do You pay when You claim?
A claim will be denied if you fail to pay the fees related to the claim as outlined below.
Screen Cover Claim:
You will be required to pay an excess of R1600 upon a successful claim.
Extended Warranty Claim:
You will be required to pay a excess fee of R750 upon a successful claim.
Misrepresentation, non-disclosure or false declaration
Any material misrepresentation, non-disclosure or false declaration shall render the Policy as a whole, voidable from date of inception at the instance of the insurer. In such an event:
- You will be liable to reimburse any amounts paid to you under this plan to us; and
- We will not be obliged to pay any claim lodged under this plan.
If there are false declarations made at the time of claiming which results in fraud, all benefits under this plan shall be forfeited and your plan will be cancelled with immediate effect.
To receive service or support under these benefits, you agree to comply with each of the terms listed below.
- You will provide a copy of your Covered Device’s original proof of purchase, if requested.
- You will provide information about the symptoms and causes of the issues with the Covered Device.
- You will respond to requests for information, including but not limited to the Covered Device serial number, model, version of the operating system and software installed, any peripherals devices connected or installed on the Covered Device, any error messages displayed, the actions which were taken before the Covered Device experienced the issue and the steps taken to resolve the issue.
- You will update software to currently published releases prior to seeking service.
- You will make sure to backup software and data residing on the Covered Device. During hardware service, we may delete the contents of the covered device and reformat the storage media.
- Third party applications installed on the Covered Device may not be compatible or work with the Device as a result of the iOS update. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Vodacom and its employees and agents will under no circumstances be liable to you or any subsequent owner for any indirect or consequential damages, including, but not limited to costs of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program or data or the failure to maintain the confidentiality of data, any loss of business, profits, revenue or anticipated savings, resulting from Vodacom’s obligations under this extended warranty plan. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the limit of Vodacom and its employees and agent’s liability to you, and any subsequent owner shall not exceed the original price paid for the Covered Device. Vodacom specifically does not warrant that it will be able to (i) repair or replace covered equipment without risk to or loss of programs or data, and (ii) maintain the confidentiality of data.
Transfer of Plan
You may not transfer this extended warranty plan to another device, unless the device was replaced under this plan. In which case, we will automatically transfer the benefits to the new Covered Device.
The iPhone Screen Cover and Extended Warranty benefits are at no additional cost to You however, if Your Subscriber Agreement goes into arrears, Your screen cover and extended warranty covers may be impacted and may be terminated. Vodacom will inform You when Your Subscriber Agreement goes into arrears.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing to [email protected] or by calling Us on 082 1952. Your cover will automatically terminate if:
- You have reached the end of the twenty-four (24) month period, or
- Your Subscriber Agreement goes into arrears, or
- Your Vodacom Deal is terminated, cancelled, or suspended for any reason, or
- You have reached the maximum claim limit.
We have the right to cancel Your covers, either in writing or telephonically anytime.
Complaints & Queries
We appreciate you as a client, so if at any point you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or the benefit offering, please give us a chance to resolve the matter. To ensure our focused attention, please use the following contact details if you have any query or complaint about this extended warranty plan: Call: 082135
Confidentiality and sharing of information
By taking out this extended warranty plan, you hereby authorize Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Ltd to obtain personal information from you, and when required, to share it with our third party service providers for the purposes of providing the services and benefits to which this Policy relates.
Your personal information will be stored, processed and used only by our service providers to the extent that is necessary to provide the contracted services. Please refer to our privacy notice on the Vodacom website for a description of how we process your personal information.
This Privacy notice applies to the use of, purchase or other interaction with Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Ltd. Unless context dictates otherwise, the Vodacom Privacy Statement on https:// www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/privacy-policy/terms shall also apply to all interactions with Vodacom Insurance Company (RF) Ltd, regarding any collection, use or other processing of personal information.
Personal Information Collected
· Vodacom only collects personal information required to enter into an insurance agreement, and provide the related services in relation to the agreement;
· Information collected by Vodacom includes, Name and Surname, Identity Number, Contact Number, Email Address, Bank Account Number and Policy Agreement Number.
· Vodacom does not obtain additional personal information from other sources, without your express consent.
Uses and Sharing
· Vodacom processes the information to provide you with contract cover as per agreement, for purposes of entering into or performing in terms of a contract and may use the information to provide you with information on related products or offer discount certain offerings;
· Vodacom will use the personal information you provide only for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it;
· Vodacom does not share your personal information with other marketers unless Vodacom have obtained your explicit consent. If you do not provide your consent, Vodacom will not share your personal information;
· When Vodacom provides personal information to companies that perform services on our behalf, Vodacom require those companies to handle the personal information in accordance with our full privacy notice, as well as applicable privacy legislation. These companies cannot use your personal information for any other purpose than the reason you provided it to us.
· You may access personal information that Vodacom holds about you. You can ask us to correct any errors or delete the personal information Vodacom have about you;
· You may opt-out of any marketing messages or further contact from us;
· To protect your privacy, Vodacom may have to verify your identity before Vodacom can give you access to, or change, personal information about you.