Vodacom Fibre Vumatel Promotion
NOTICE OF CERTAIN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS PROVISIONS, WHICH ARE RECORDED IN A SIMILAR FONT TO THIS CLAUSE, AND WHICH PROVISIONS MAY HAVE THE EFFECT OF (I) LIMITING VODACOM’S LIABILITY OR RISK OR THAT OF A THIRD PARTY AND/OR (II) PLACING RISK OR LIABILITY ON THE CUSTOMER AND/OR (III) OBLIGING THE CUSTOMER TO IDENMNIFY VODACOM OR A THIRD PARTY AND/OR (IV) CONSTITUTING A POSITIVE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY THE CUSTOMER OF ANY FACT.
BY MAKING USE OF THE SERVICE(S) AND / OR PRODUCTS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Vodacom Fibre Broadband Vumatel Promotion Summary
These terms and conditions apply to the Vodacom Fibre Broadband Service on the Vumatel Fibre Network and Vumatel Aerial Fibre Network (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘the Service’). Vodacom will run a promotion from the 01st November 2018 to the 31st July 2019 during which period, promotional price plans will be offered for which the non-recurring charges are discounted. These charges include the once off installation fee of R1725 and the once off activation fee for the month to month price plan of R1010 as well as the once off activation fee for the 12 month price plan of R505.
Vodacom Fibre Broadband Terms and Conditions
1. The standard Terms and Conditions for the Vodacom Fibre Broadband Price Plans apply and are available at the following link: https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/fibre/vodacom-fibre
Vumatel Fibre Network Terms and Conditions
2. The standard Terms and Conditions for the Vumatel Fibre Installation apply and are available at the following link: https://cdn.vumatel.co.za/files/VUMA-Installations-Terms-Conditions.pdf
Vodacom Fibre Broadband Vumatel Promotion Terms and Conditions
3. In addition to the standard Terms and Conditions above, the following Terms and Conditions apply to the Vodacom Fibre Broadband Vumatel Promotion:
4. Promotion validity:
• promotion period from the 01st November 2018 to the 31st July 2019
• only for the Vumatel bitstream network including Vumatel aerial fibre
• for any promotional Vodacom Fibre Broadband price plan offered on the Vumatel bitstream network (including aerial fibre) regardless of contract validity period
• only applicable to new FTTH customers / subscribers and upward migration
• downward migration into the promotional price plans are not allowed (refer to standard TnC’s for definition of downward migration)
5. The promotional offer is subject to a successful credit vetting and conclusion of a customer contract
6. A customer who is approved for a promotional offer will be allocated the promotional benefit regardless of whether the customer is installed during or after the promotional period
7. Discounted non-recurring charges include:
• Vumatel installation charge of R1 725 (incl VAT): 100% discount (subject to a pro-rata cancellation clawback if the Service is cancelled before 24 months)
• Vodacom Fibre Broadband 12 month contract activation charge of R505 (incl VAT): 100% discount (subject to a pro-rata cancellation clawback if the Service is cancelled before 24 months)
• Vodacom Fibre Broadband month-to-month contract activation charge of R1010 (incl VAT): 100% discount (subject to a pro-rata cancellation clawback if the Service is cancelled before 24 months)
8. The 100% discounted charges are only applicable based on the condition that the customer / subscriber will utilise the Service for a period of at least 24 months on the month to month, 12 month and 24 month price plans.
9. Should the customer / subscriber elect to not take up a service with Vodacom but has completed the Vumatel network installation, the cost of this network installation of R1725 will be levied onto the customer which will be paid in full to Vodacom.
10. Should the customer already have an existing network installation for which they have paid the R1725, and chose Vodacom as the ISP, the customer will not receive any additional benefit or re-imbursement for the installed network service.
11. The promotional benefit for the discounted network installation charge of R1725 is valid for one network installation only. Should the customer relocate to a new premises where a network installation is required, this additional network installation will have an associated cost of R1725, for which the customer will be liable.
12. Should the customer / subscriber cancel the Service within 24 months, the recovery costs is calculated as follows for each of the applicable discounts above (subject to clause 10), the total recovery cost will be the balance of the installation charge (subject to clause 10) plus the balance of the applicable activation charge:
Recovery Cost (Installation) = [24 months – total months on the existing price plan = balance] X Discounted Charge / 24
Recovery Cost (Activation) = [24 months – total months on the existing price plan = balance] X Discounted Charge / 24
Total Recovery Cost (Promotion) = Recovery Cost (Installation) + Recovery Cost (Activation)
13. The monthly promotional subscriptions are valid for 24 months from the date of service activation
14. Month to month, 12 month and 24 month subscribers will be migrated to the price plan they have subscribed to as it exists in the market at the end of the 24 month period
15. Cancellation of the service will also result in the standard terms and conditions being triggered where the subscriber will be liable for a balance of contract clawback.