Data refill Terms and Conditions
Data refill Service
1. The Data Refill service will ensure that Vodacom customers never go out of bundle. The service auto allocates a 5MB data bundle charged at R3 into the accounts of customers that are opted into the service on their behalf every time they deplete their data bundle allocation.
2. The following Once-Off Mobile Internet Data refill bundle will be available via the Data refill service:
Auto Allocate Data Bundle
3. The Data refill bundles will be valid for 7 days including the day of purchase, up to 23:59.
4. All unused data at the time of expiry will be forfeited.
5. Once a customer that is opted into the Data refill service depletes all the active anytime data in their account, the Data refill data bundle will be allocated into the customer’s account.
6. The number of times that a Data refill will be made on a customer’s account in any given month will be dependent on when the customers deplete their recharge balance.
7. If a customer does not have enough funds for the next automatically allocated bundle, the applicable out of bundle rate will be R0.60/MB for Prepaid customers.
8. The Data refill service will only be available to Prepaid customers
9. 10. Customers can opt in or opt out the Data refill service using the following channels:
• USSD (*135*6#)
• Vodacom Online (Website, Mobisite and App)
10. There is no limit to the number of times customers can opt in or out of the service.
11. Should the customer choose to opt-out of the service, the applicable out of bundle rate will be R0.99/MB.
12. No talking points will be earned in the allocation of the Data refill bundles.
13. Customers who are opted in to the Data refill service will still be able to purchase data bundles per respective payment type at any point.
14. Customers that are already opted into the Vodacom Smart Recommendations service will be able to opt into the Data refill service.
15. Customers that are opted into the Data refill service but not opted into to the Vodacom Smart Recommendations service will be required to opt out of the Data refill service before being able to opt into the Smart Recommendations service.
16. The Data refill service is not applicable to Data Roaming.
17. The Data refill data bundles will be for once-off use and will only re-allocate when customer depletes all active anytime data in their account.
18. When a Prepaid customer that has a Data refill Data bundle migrates to a Hybrid/Post-paid plan, the Data refill Data Bundle will be forfeited.
19. When a Prepaid/Hybrid customer that has a Data refill Data bundle migrates to another Prepaid plan, they will retain their Data refill Data Bundle.
20. Vodacom may amend these Terms and Conditions by giving customers reasonable notice of any such amendment.
21. Vodacom reserves the right to suspend the service in the event of suspected abuse where non-compliant devices (as specified by the regulating body, ICASA) are being used on the Vodacom network.
Data refill Specific Data Usage Notifications
22. Customers that are opted into the Data refill service will receive Data refill specific data usage notifications. These data usage notifications will inform customers:
• On each allocation of a new bundle
• When a customer does not have enough funds for the next Data refill Bundle
23. While Vodacom makes every effort to ensure that customers receive the SMS notifications, it cannot be held liable for SMS not received/delayed.
24. No notifications will be sent for the expiry or low/zero balance of any Data refill Bundle.
25. Customers who have opted in for both Data refill Bundle and Smart Recommendations will not be opted out of the Smart Recommendations service, and will continue to receive smart recommendations when they are in bundle.
26. Customers who have opted in for the Data refill Bundle service will not receive daily ticketing messages.
27. Upon opting in, the customer will be notified via SMS.
28. Upon opting out, the customer will be notified via SMS.