International Calling Plus
Say hello to friends and family worldwide from as little as 89c per minutes
- Call abroad directly from your cellphone, using our standard International Calling or International Calling Plus services
- Opt in to International Calling Plus and get low rates, billed per second, for just R5 per month
- Opt out at any time if you don’t need to make international calls very frequently or if you don’t prefer lower rates
To use International Calling
Contract and Top Up customers
Contact your Service Provider
International Calling is already active
Terms & conditions apply
What is International Calling?
- Our International Calling service lets you call friends and family living in other countries, directly from your cellphone in South Africa.
Who can use International Calling?
- All Vodacom Contract, Top Up and Prepaid customers can use the International Calling service.
Why should I use International Calling?
Stay in touch with friends and family worldwide
You can call more than 118 countries around the world right from your cellphone in South Africa.
Low-cost service billed per second
With a R5 monthly subscription to International Calling Plus, you can get call rates from as low as 89c per minute, billed per second.
The R5 monthly charge for International Calling Plus will be
- Deducted from your airtime if you’re a Prepaid customer
- Added to your monthly bill if you’re a Contract or Top Up customer
How do I get and use International Calling?
To activate Standard International Calling:
International Calling is already active for you
- Contract and Top Up customers
- To check if International Calling is active, dial *#331#If it’s not active, contact your Service Provider
For Vodacom Customer Care, call 082 111
For Autopage Cellular, call 0860 23 24 24
For Nashua Mobile,call 0861 412 412
To activate international calling plus:
Dial *111# and use the menu to
Prepaid and Top Up customers
SMS ‘World’ to 100
SMS ‘World’ to 123
A R5 subscription fee will be charged each month after you activate International Calling Plus
To deactivate International Calling Plus:
Dial *111# and use the menu to opt out.
Prepaid and Top Up customers
SMS ‘World Stop’ to 100
SMS ‘World Stop’ to 123
The R5 monthly subscription fee will not be charged from the month after you’ve deactivated International Calling Plus
To use international calling:
- Enter the International Access code; you can use 00 or +
- Enter the code of the country you would like to call Eg: The country code for the UK is 44View the list of the country codes
- Enter the phone number of the person that your' re calling.
To dial a landline, enter the area code followed by the phone numberEg: the area code for fixed lines in Manchester is (0)161, so you enter 00 44 161 xxx xxxx or +44 161 xxx xxxx
To dial a cellphone number, enter the entire number Eg: 00 44 xxx xxx xxxx
- Finally, press the call button. Here’s an example of how to dial an international number: 00 44 161 xxx xxxx or + 44 161 xxx xxxx
- If you’re a Prepaid or Top Up customer, please ensure that you have enough airtime before you call internationally.
You may also be interested in: