What is it?
A Vodacom Prepaid Price Plan that is only available to customers who purchase a Zetnet SIM card.
What is excluded?
All other Vodacom Prepaid Price Plans will not be able to Free Change into this Price Plan, and as a Zetnet price plan customer you cannot Free Change out of this plan.
Who can buy?
Any customer can purchase a Zetnet SIM starterpack.
Where to Purchase/Activate
The Zetnet Starterpack can only be purchased via a Zetnet Retailer.
The following rates and unitisation apply:
Voice (out of bundle rate)
SMS per message
Data (out of bundle rate)
R1.55 per minute
R0.49 per MB
- All Vodacom Zetnet customers will receive 100% of their recharge value back in Extra Airtime for every R12 or more recharge (pin or pinless) they make whilst on the price plan.
- Extra Airtime will be subject to the following depletion rates
- Local Any Network Any Time voice: R3.00 per minute (billed per second).
- Data (non-roaming): R3.00 per MB
- Local ANAT SMS: R1.00 per SMS
- The following call types cannot deplete from Extra airtime:
- Roaming calls
- International calls
- Premium rated calls & SMSs
- VAS calls
- Fax outdial
- Call Sponsor
- Video calls (off-net and on-net)
- Conference calls
- Directory enquiry calls
- Call forwarding
- Billed USSD
- Extra Airtime cannot be used to purchase any Value-Added Services (VASs). This includes the following:
- Once-off and recurring data/SMS/MMS/voice bundles
- WASP/Content and premium rated services
- Promotional bundles
- Airtime Transfer
- The allocation of promotional airtime cannot be used to repay Airtime Advance debt (including R1 service fee)
- “Call sponsored” will be billed at Zetnet out of bundle rate and will not deplete from Extra Airtime.
- No Extra Airtime will be earned for Big Bonus voucher and the Passport voucher.
Zetnet Integrated Bundles
- The Zetnet Integrated bundles will be available via the Vodacom *135# USSD and Vodacom App.
- The Zetnet Integrated bundles will be available to Zetnet Prepaid customers from November 2022.
- These data bundles do not apply to data roaming
- No pro-ration is applied to the price of the Bundles, the full price and the full allocation is always applied at the time of purchase or activation
- All integrated bundle allocations are available to use any time of the day.
- The following order of consumption will apply on this price plan: Extra Airtime will deplete first, followed by purchased/promotional bundles, and then airtime billed at applicable Zetnet out of bundle rates.
- The balance of the bundles will be depleted for the volume of data sent and received, and not the time spent connected.
- If the customer on ZetNet starter pack has multiple bundles active at the same time, bundles with the shortest validity period will be consumed first.
- If the Data Bundle is depleted but has not reached the expiry date, and no other applicable data bundle remaining, all data usage will be stopped by default, unless the customer has opted in to out-of-bundle data charges, whereby the customer will still be able to use data at out of bundle data rates applicable to the price plan.
- If a Bundle reaches the Expiry Date and there is no other applicable data bundle, data usage will continue at the Out of Bundle (OOB) data rate, applicable to the price plan.
- Customers on the Zetnet price plan will receive the Night Shift promotional benefit (when recharging with R12 or more).
- Customers can extend the validity of their data bundle by purchasing another bundle of the same validity and size before the initial bundle has expired. This will extend the validity of the initial bundle to that of the second bundle purchased.
- Data transfer will apply, whereby you have the ability to transfer the bundle to another Vodacom. Please visit the data transfer terms and conditions for full details: https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/data-bundle-transfer-terms-and-condition
- No refunds will be allowed for any dropped calls due to Network congestion.
- The Zetnet voice minutes will be subject to the following acceptable usage policy:
- Free voice minutes may not be used as part of any bulk calling service for commercial or business purposes.
- Least Cost Router (LCR) and associated services are not permitted to use this price plan. If the SIM card is used in a fixed location device to regularly make and receive calls to multiple numbers, the service will be suspended immediately, pending an investigation.
- Vodacom reserves the right to suspend the service in the event of suspected abuse or fraudulent usage, outside of what is considered reasonable for private, non-commercial use.
- These terms and condition should be read in conjunction with the Prepaid Sim Terms and Conditions available at http://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/prepaid-sim-terms-and-conditions
Termination/Limitation of Services
Vodacom reserves the right to suspend the Service in the event of suspected abuse or fraudulent usage, outside of what is considered reasonable for private, non-commercial use.
Vodacom reserves the right to limit the Service in regions or areas where there is limited network capacity (high congestion) in order to maintain consistent quality of service.
Vodacom reserves the right to alter or terminate the Service in order to prevent catastrophic impact on the network.
While Vodacom will use its reasonable endeavours to provide the Service, it does not commit to the uninterrupted supply of the Service, due to potential capacity limitations on the network.
Vodacom reserves the right to suspend, cancel or convert the Service with reasonable notice.
Vodacom reserves the right to change and/ or expand on these terms and conditions and will provide reasonable notice of any material changes prior to such change as and when the circumstances permit.