Terms and Conditions
1. The Vodacom Red Travel Data Bundle service is currently only available to Vodacom Red Contract customers with roaming activated.
2. In these terms, the words below shall have the following meaning:
2.1. Event shall mean: usage of device functions which triggers data consumption.
2.2. Session shall mean data usage.
3. Customers must opt-in for the service. Opt in for the Red Travel Data Bundle service is only required once - there is no need to opt-in for each day abroad or each time customers travel abroad.
4. In order to qualify for the Red Travel Data Bundle, you must ensure that you are roaming in a qualifying country that is listed as a Red Travel Data Bundle country. Vodacom reserves right to amend/change list of countries, and it is the customers obligation to check list prior to travel Click here for list.
5. All networks in the qualifying countries will be included in the bundle allocation with the exclusion of Maritime services such as MALTA Maritime and OnAir Swiss Airline services and any other satellites such as planes, boats and remote areas. Standard roaming rates will apply.
6. Customers with the basic roaming service already activated can opt-in to the Red Travel Data Bundle offer via:
o USSD *111*130#
7. Customers can opt-out Red Travel Data Bundle offer via:
o USSD *111*130#
8. Upon activation of the service, the Red Travel Data Bundle service will remain the customers default roaming plan when they travel in the qualifying countries until it is de-activated.
9. The Travel Data Bundle is eligible for use daily per calendar day. A calendar day is defined as 24hrs that follow from 12 midnight South African time (00h01) not the country that you are in.
10. The Travel Data Bundle daily fees will be charged on days that a customer is roaming in qualifying countries and making use of any roaming service. Days with no data Event will not be charged a subscription fee.
11. The Travel Bundle service is only triggered and allocated when the customer uses data. The bundle expires daily at 12 midnight South African time. It will then require a new Event to trigger a new bundle the next day.
12. The data Out of bundle rates apply when the data bundle allocation is depleted but the bundle has not expired. A bundle will be allocated the next day only when an Event is triggered.
13. If a customer is on a Session that continues over the expiry time, 12 Midnight SA time, the next bundle will only allocate after he ends his Session and triggers a new Event. A bundle will not allocate during the Session. If he is in-bundle the Session will deduct from his current Session if he is out-of bundle, the out-of-bundle rates will apply until he ends the Session.
14. If the customer has triggered an Event and used a Travel Bundle but opts out of the service before expiry (12 midnight SA time), the new offering that has been activated will apply only from the next day (12 midnight SA time).
15. If the customer has triggered an Event and used the Travel Bundle but changes the size before expiry (12 midnight SA time), the new offering that has been activated will apply only from the next day.
16. If the customer has triggered an Event in a Zone 1 country and travels to another Zone 1 country in the same day, the same bundle will be used.
17. If the customer has triggered an Event in a Zone 1 country and travels to a Zone 2 country in the same day, a new Zone 2 bundle with applicable out of bundle rates will apply and will be delivered when they trigger an Event.
18. If the customer has triggered an Event in a Zone 2 country and moves to another Zone 1 in the same day, a new Zone 1 bundle with applicable out of bundle rates will apply be delivered when they trigger an Event.
19. If a customer is not roaming in a participating Red Travel Data Bundle country, the applicable Vodafone World Zone Rates will apply for all services.
20. When the customer de-activates the Travel Data Bundle Service, they will not qualify for the bundle rates even if they are roaming in a Red Travel Data Bundle country, Vodafone World Zone Rates will apply.
21. When a subscriber has opted-in for the Red Travel Data Bundle and is roaming on an Africa Roaming network, the Red Travel Data Bundle service will apply.
22. While roaming on any participating Red Travel Data Bundle country, calling Vodacom’s dedicated Customer Contact Centre (+2782135) will be free. It is not an Event that will trigger the daily subscription daily fee.
23. Customers may not have SMS roamer or Vodacom Travel Saver active simultaneously with the Travel Bundle. They are allowed to move to SMS roamer or Vodacom Travel Saver when they opt out on the bundle service.
24. Customers may have Vodafone World and Red Travel Data Bundle active simultaneously however the Red Travel Data Bundle will apply when roaming in the Red Travel Data Bundle qualifying footprint, Vodafone World rates apply when customer is not roaming in the Travel Bundle qualifying footprint.
25. The Red Travel Data Bundle fee will be billed on South African dates and times.
26. Red Travel Data Bundle deductions exclude home tariff bundled minutes, tariff promotions. Public holidays and off-peak rates do not apply.
27. The Red Travel Data Bundle service is only available for personal use, non-commercial purposes.
28. The unitization for the Red Travel Data Bundle offer will remain the same as the existing Vodafone World unitization (10kB increments for data).
29. All rates are VAT inclusive
30. Unless the context dictates otherwise, the standard vodacom terms and conditions, and the standard roaming terms and conditions apply to use of this service.
31. The Vodacom Privacy Statement applies to the use of this product / service.
32. Vodacom reserves the right to expand on and/or amend these terms and conditions and where such change is material, Vodacom shall provide you with reasonable prior written notice prior to any such change taking effect.