Terms & conditions
1. Vodacom Prepaid Electricity and Water is a service allowing customers to purchase prepaid electricity from most municipalities.
2. Prepaid electricity and water are available to purchase through the My Vodacom App, Vodacom.co.za, VodaPay MasterPass App and Vodacom Express Recharge.
3. These terms and conditions do not in any way overrule, eliminate or adjust the terms and conditions entered into between the client, the bank and/or any municipality.
4. Vodacom will not be liable for any loss suffered due to incorrect information that was supplied by a client such as: The incorrect cell number, electrical or water meter number or amount.
5. Vodacom will present you with your prepaid electricity or water token within 5 minutes of a successful transaction. You acknowledge and accept that there may be a delay between Vodacom and any of the third parties involved in the successful conclusion of your prepaid electricity or water purchase.
6. Although Vodacom complete most recharges within 5 minutes, Vodacom do not in any way guarantee a turnaround time. The main reason for this is Vodacom’s reliance on third parties.
7. Should you not receive your prepaid electricity or water token within 5 minutes or for any queries about the service you can call 082 17855.
8. Vodacom does not charge a service fee for purchasing prepaid electricity or water on our platform. However, the relevant bank fees associated with this transaction will be applicable.
9. All transactions must be in Rand amounts, no cent amount will be processed
10. In addition to the above terms and conditions, Vodacom Payment Gateway and VodaPay terms and conditions relevant to your payment transaction; and your bank’s standard terms and conditions relevant to the use of your debit or credit card will apply.
11. Vodacom reserves the right to amend or expand on these terms and conditions and where such amendment is material, Vodacom shall provide reasonable prior notice, as the circumstances permit, of such amendment before it comes into effect.
Vodacom Payment Gateway
Terms and conditions of use of Vodacom Payment Gateway Service to Pay for goods and Services purchased on Vodacom’s digital channels
By using this payment service, you indicate that you agree to the following terms and conditions of this service.
1. Description of service
1.1. Vodacom Payment gateway is an online platform, which facilitates payments between a merchant (for example: Vodacom) and you, the customer, for goods and services purchased via digital channels e.g. My Vodacom App, Vodacom Website etc. The gateway is run by Vodacom Payments Services (Pty) Ltd (“VPS”).
1.2. Vodacom Payment gateway does not have control over nor does it take any liability for the delivery of, the quality of, the use of, or any other aspect of the products or services paid for using this service. Vodacom Payment gateway is the method of payment only and all other forms of liability relating to the products or services paid for utilising this service are specifically excluded.
1.3. Most cards are accepted on the gateway including:
· Bidvest Bank
· Standard Bank
2. Using Payment Gateway
· Only Cards that are 3d secure enabled can be used on the platform.
· Your Bank’s card, account, and online banking terms do not change and continue to apply to each transaction.
· Any applicable fees and charges that apply to your card will also apply when you use the gateway to pay for purchases.
We may impose any limits on the frequency or amount of your card transactions. We can also block a card from use on our gateway at any time without notice.
3.1. VPS and all its associated companies are committed to respecting the privacy of your personal data. To demonstrate its commitment, VPS has created this Security and Privacy Statement in order to communicate its intent to provide effective processes for the appropriate handling of such private information and to comply with applicable legislation that governs the authentication, protection and disclosure of personal information.
3.2. You will be able to use our facility to make payment for goods and services purchased on our digital channels. For the purpose of administration and transacting VPS will collect and use personal information i.e. card holder’s name, card number, expiry date and CVV. This will enable VPS to:
3.2.1. Pass to the bank for processing of payment for your purchased goods/services;
3.2.2. Respond to queries or requests submitted by you.
3.3. What about the security of my personal data?
VPS has implemented technology, policies and processes aimed at protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information. We will update and refine these measures on an on-going basis. VPS will maintain Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance and as such VPS is responsible for securely storing, processing and transmitting card data to the PCI compliance standards. VPS will at no point share or transmit your card details in clear text between systems. The card data will always be encrypted.
You are responsible for all transactions you authorise. If you permit other persons to use your card you are responsible for any transactions they authorise. VPS will not be liable for any claims where payments were made by unauthorised persons using your cellphone or card.
3.4. Will Vodacom Payments Services disclose any of my personal information?
VPS does not distribute any of your personal information to third parties; unless it's authorised by you or required to do so in order to meet any legal or regulatory requirements of applicable laws. For example, we may disclose your data to a credit card company to obtain payment for a purchase you initiated. In addition, VPS will not sell your personal information to third parties.
3.5. Data retention and disposal
Vodacom Payment Services will retain your payment records for a period of 5 years as required by law. After the 5 year period, your transaction data will be deleted from the live system and archived.
3.6. Amendments to this Security and Privacy Statement
VPS reserves the right to amend or modify this Security and Privacy statement at any time in response to new privacy legislation.
4. Termination and variation
3.7. VPS reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions as and when VPS deems necessary or is required to do so by law. You shall be notified by SMS when changes are effected, however where the changes are required by law or relates to the addition of a new service, extra functionality to the existing Service or any other change which neither reduces your rights nor increases your responsibilities, these shall be effective immediately and will be made without prior notice
5.1. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa, and you shall submit to the jurisdiction of the South African Courts.
5.2. These terms and conditions are severable, in that if any provision is determined to be illegal or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision shall be deemed to have been deleted without affecting the remaining provisions of the terms and conditions.
5.3. Our failure to exercise any particular rights or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
5.4. These terms and conditions, as varied by us from time to time pursuant to clause 4.1, above constitute the sole agreement between you and Vodacom Payments Services.
5.5. If you have questions about any card transactions performed on any Vodacom channel, you may contact Vodacom on 082 135 number or email@example.com
5.6. When contacting Vodacom Customer Care, at no point should you furnish any Vodacom employee with the full card number or expiry date, CVV and/or bank PIN.
5.7. It is your responsibility to immediately notify your bank should there be a security breach on your bank card or account for the card used on any of our online channels.
5.8. In addition to the above terms and conditions, Vodacom’s standard terms and conditions relevant to your subscriber account will also continue to apply. Also, your bank’s standard terms and conditions relevant to the use of your debit or credit card will apply.