Terms And Conditions
1. The following Terms and Conditions relate to the Vodacom uChoose Smart/Smart Top Up+ and RED Top Up+ price plans. These Terms and Conditions must be read in conjunction with the standard Terms and Conditions contained in the Vodacom Contract airtime agreement, and Terms and Conditions Booklet. Where any terms and conditions conflict with each other, these uChoose Smart/Smart Top Up+ and RED Top Up+ price plans terms and conditions will prevail.
2. These Terms and Conditions do not replace any other Terms and Conditions, agreements or contracts that exist between the customer and Vodacom.
3. Your subscription to the Service constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Vodacom reserves the right to modify the Service(s) where reasonably required, and may from time to time expand on these Terms and Conditions. You will be bound by all current Terms and Conditions.
4. The Voice bundle included on the uChoose Smart/Smart Top Up+ and RED Top Up+ price plans will be available for use for calls to any local network, within the borders of South Africa, at any time of the day.
5. Voice, SMS and Data bundles allocated on uChoose Smart/Smart Top Up+ and RED Top Up+ price plans will have a carry-over of 1 calendar month post the allocation month. Voice minutes carried over on migration from another Vodacom bundled price plan will be subject to the same carry-over rule. All unused bundles at the time of expiry will be forfeited.
6. Vodacom reserves the right to charge for VoIP data calls on selected price plans at applicable rates.
7. If a migration is performed from a price plan with bundled Voice, SMS or Data, as part of the standard price plan offer, to any other price plan, regardless of whether the new price plan selected incorporates any bundled Voice, SMS or Data offerings; you may forfeit all, or a portion of the accumulated bundle/s.
8. Calls or connections to Value Added Services and Premium rated services are excluded from the inclusive voice bundles and will have the out-of-bundle call rate applied respective of your price plan. Data and SMS usage over and above the monthly bundled allocation, other bundled allocations, or to premium rated services will also have the out-of-bundle rate applied unless otherwise stipulated. Please see the below table for billing reference.
|Price Plan||Voice rate pm out of bundle, or for general service & VAS calls||*Data rate per MB out of bundle||SMS rate per 160 characters out of bundle|
|uChoose Smart XS||R1.89||R0.49||R0.37|
|uChoose Smart S||R1.89||R0.49||R0.37|
|uChoose Smart M||R1.84||R0.49||R0.37|
|uChoose Smart L||R1.79||R0.49||R0.37|
|uChoose Smart XL||R1.73||R0.49||R0.37|
|uChoose Smart More Data 2GB||R1.89||R0.49||R0.52|
|uChoose Smart More Data 4GB||R1.89||R0.49||R0.52|
|uChoose Smart More Data 6GB||R1.89||R0.49||R0.52|
|Smart Top Up XS+||R1.89||R0.49||R0.37|
|Smart Top Up S+||R1.89||R0.49||R0.37|
|Smart Top Up M+||R1.84||R0.49||R0.37|
|Smart Top Up L+||R1.79||R0.49||R0.37|
|RED Select Top Up+||R1.73||R0.49||N/A|
*These charges will be deducted from the available airtime on the account. If no airtime is available, and the transaction does not fall into bundled usage parameters, the call, SMS or Data transaction may not be possible.
9. The following categories shall be excluded from all uChoose Smart/Smart Top Up+ and RED Top Up+ voice bundles and shall be charged for at the current prevailing price plan rate:
a. International calls
b. Premium rated calls
c. Roaming services
d. Premium rated IVR
e. Premium rated Dicon
f. Special Short Codes
g. Video IVR
h. International VAS and Premium services
i. Travel Talk
j. Conference Calls
k. Call Sponsor (sponsored calls are charged at the sponsored party’s prevailing price plan rate)
10. The following SMS/s categories shall be excluded from SMS bundle allocation:
b. Premium rated
c. Content services
d. VAS services
11. The voice bundles allocated on uChoose Smart/Smart Top Up+ and RED Top Up+ will be applicable for use in the following scenarios:
i. Vodacom to Cell C, MTN, Vodacom and Telkom Mobile (Any Network Any Time) within the borders of South Africa, including VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and VoWi-Fi (Voice over Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi Calling) calls made to these mobile networks using compatible devices.
ii. Vodacom to Telkom Landline, Neotel Landline and all VANs numbers (VANS 087 numbers, geographic and non-geographic numbers, Vodacom Business)
iii. Voicemail deposits
12. uChoose Smart/Smart Top Up+ and RED Top Up+ price plans, signed on a 24 month contractual basis, will have a term of 24 months starting from the day of activation. Upgrade or renewal is permissible in month 22 of the term. Early cancellation of the 24 month contract will incur monetary penalties calculated using the remaining term of the contract and/or device finance costs. At the end of the contractual period of 24 months, if the customer does no renew or cancel the contract, the contract will continue on a month-to-month basis until either of the afore mentioned actions takes place.
13. uChoose Smart/Smart Top Up+ and RED Top Up+ price plans activated mid-month, will have their associated bundle allocations (Voice, SMS and Data), as well as the monthly subscription fee, pro-rated for that month respective of the day of activation.
14. Red Top Up+ Price Plans will have a Fair Usage Policy implemented on the limitless SMS feature of 9000 SMS messages per month. Customers will receive notifications when they have 1000 SMSs remaining, and when all 9000 SMS messages have been used, SMS message sending will be barred until such time that an SMS bundle is purchased. The counter will be reset at the beginning of each calendar month. Any extreme usage which may have an impact on the operation of our network may be monitored. Vodacom reserves the right to apply and implement protection measures to safeguard customers’ experience and the Vodacom network against abuse to ensure continuous service quality or sustainability of the service.
15. Vodacom reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and where such change is material, Vodacom shall provide prior written notice of such change or amendment.