Terms And Conditions
1. The following Terms and Conditions relate to the Vodacom Smart/Smart+ Contract and RED/RED+ Contract Price Plans. These Terms and Conditions must be read in conjunction with the standard Terms and Conditions contained in the Vodacom Contract airtime agreement, and the Terms and Conditions Booklet. Where any terms and conditions conflict with each other, these Smart/Smart+ and RED/RED+ Price Plans terms and conditions will prevail.
2. These Terms and Conditions do not replace any other Terms and Conditions, agreements or contracts that exist between the customer and Vodacom.
3. Your subscription to the Service constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Vodacom reserves the right to modify the Service(s) where reasonably required, and may from time to time expand on these Terms and Conditions. You will be bound by all current Terms and Conditions.
4. The Voice bundle included on Smart/Smart+ and RED/RED+ price plans will be available for use for calls to any local network, within the borders of South Africa, at any time of the day.
5. General Service and VAS calls will have the out-of-bundle call rate applied respective of your price plan. Data and SMS usage over and above the monthly bundled allocation, other bundled allocations, or to premium rated services will also have the out-of-bundle rate applied, unless otherwise stipulated. Please see the table below for billing reference.
|Price Plan||*Voice rate pm out of bundle, or for general service & VAS calls||Data rate per MB out of bundle||*SMS rate per 160 characters out of bundle|
|Smart More Data 2GB||R1.79||R0.49||R0.52|
|Smart More Data 4GB||R1.79||R0.49||R0.52|
|Smart More Data 6GB||R1.79||R0.49||R0.52|
|RED More Data||R1,28||R0.49||R0.52|
*These charges will be added to your monthly bill.
6. Voice, SMS and Data bundles allocated on Smart/Smart+ and RED/RED + price plans, will have a carry-over of 1 calendar month post the allocation month. Voice minutes carried over on migration from another Vodacom bundled price plan will be subject to the same carry-over rule. All unused bundles at the time of expiry will be forfeited.
7. Vodacom reserves the right to charge for VoIP calls on selected price plans and at applicable lodged rates.
8. More Weekend Minutes will be excluded from all new Smart/Smart+ and RED/RED+ Price Plans.
9. If you migrate to or from a RED/RED+ Price Plan with a limitless voice and/or SMS option, there will be no migratory carry-over of any voice bundles/free minutes, and/or SMS bundles to or from this Price Plan.
10. If a migration is performed from a Price Plan with bundled Voice, SMS or Data, as part of the Price Plan offer, to any other Price Plan, regardless of whether the new Price Plan selected incorporates any bundled Voice, SMS or Data offerings; you may forfeit all, or a portion of the accumulated bundle/s.
11. Migrations from a RED/RED+ Price Plans with a limitless Voice and SMS offer, will not carry over any benefits from the limitless RED/RED+ Price Plan to the new Price Plan.
12. Calls or connections to Value Added Services are excluded from the inclusive voice bundles, and will be charged for separately at the general service, VAS and Out Of Bundle call rate respective of your price plan. See the table in term 5 for more information.
13. The voice bundles allocated on Smart/Smart + and certain RED/RED+ price plans, as well as the limitless voice offer on RED VIP and RED VIP+, will be applicable for use in the following scenarios:
i. Vodacom to Cell C, MTN, Vodacom and Telkom Mobile (Any Network Any Time) within the borders of South Africa, including VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and VoWi-Fi (Voice over Wi-Fi/Wi-Fi Calling) calls made to these mobile networks using compatible devices.
ii. Vodacom to Telkom Landline, Neotel Landline and all VANs numbers (VANS 087 numbers, geographic and non-geographic numbers, Vodacom Business)
iii. Voicemail deposits
Bundled voice and limitless voice offers are not applicable to international calls, roaming calls and VoIP data calls made on a compatible device.
14. The following calls are included with the limitless voice offer, with the exception that if the dialled B party number is within the exclusion list below, it will be not form part of the limitless voice allocation:
i. Bridge Conference Calls
ii. Directory Enquiries / Through Connect portion
15. The following categories shall be excluded from all Smart/Smart+ and RED/RED+ Voice/SMS bundles and/or the limitless Voice/SMS bundle benefit included on selected RED/RED+ price plans and shall be charged for at the current prevailing price plan rate, unless otherwise indicated:
i. International calls
ii. Premium rated calls
iii. Roaming services
iv. Premium rated IVR
v. Premium rated Dicon
vi. Special Short Codes
vii. Video IVR
viii. International VAS and Premium services
ix. Travel Talk
x. Conference Calls
xi. Call Sponsor (sponsored calls are charged at the sponsored party’s prevailing price plan rate)
16. RED Premium+ and RED VIP+ price plans with the limitless voice benefit will be subject to the following acceptable usage policy:
i. All voice usage is subject to a fair usage policy of 7500min on RED VIP+, and 4500min on RED Premium+ per month, and any extreme usage which may have an impact on the operation of our network may be monitored. Customer will receive notifications when they have 2500min remaining, and when they have 1000min remaining. When the threshold of 7500/4500 respectively is reached, outbound voice calls will be barred until such time that a voice bundle is purchased. Calls to free emergency services and/or charged international or premium rated service numbers will continue to be billed at the respective out of bundle voice rate. The counter will be reset at the beginning of each calendar month. Vodacom reserves the right to apply and implement protection measures to safeguard customers’ experience and the Vodacom network against abuse to ensure continuous service quality or sustainability of the service.
ii. Intelligent call routing devices and bulk calling applications are not permitted on these price plans. If the SIM card is used in a fixed location or other device to regularly make calls abusing the limitless Voice offer, the service will be suspended immediately.
iii. Vodacom reserves the right to suspend the service in the event of suspected abuse where non-compliant devices as specified by the regulating body ICASA are being used on the Vodacom network.
iv. The limitless voice offer on selected RED/RED+ Price plan(s) may not be used for commercial purposes. Any use of this offer outside of what is considered reasonable for private, non-commercial use and in instances through mechanisms and means not intended for personal use or the anticipated purpose of the offer will be considered as abuse.
v. Limitless voice minutes may not be used as part of any bulk calling service for commercial or business purposes.
vi. RED/RED+ Price Plans with a limitless voice minutes are not available to WASPs and/or content providers.
17. Customers on RED/RED+ (excluding RED Select Top Up+) price plans will qualify for 2 free Data Sharing SIM cards. This includes the monthly subscription fee/s and the once-off activation fee/s.
18. The Data Sharing SIM cards will be activated when requested by the account holder.
19. Standard monthly subscription fee/s and once- off activation fees for a Data Sharing SIM will be charged for the 3rd and 4th SIM/s requested and activated.
20. Customers migrating to a price plan that does not include the free Data Sharing SIM/s will be migrated as normal, however the Data Sharing SIM cards will then be charged for monthly going forward at the applicable subscription fee for the Data Sharing SIM/s. Data Sharing SIM cards can be activated or cancelled at any time without penalty. See Data Sharing SIM card/s terms and conditions for more information
21. The limitless SMS option available on RED/RED+ price plans will include on net and off net national SMS.
22. The following SMSs categories shall be excluded from the limitless SMS bundle benefit:
ii. Premium rated
iii. Content services
iv. VAS services
23. The limitless SMS allocation will be available for the duration of the contract and/or while on any of the specific RED/RED+ Price Plans which offer limitless SMS as part of the standard price plan
24. RED+ price plans with a limitless SMS allocation will be subject to the following acceptable usage policy:
i. RED+ Price Plans will have a Fair Usage Policy implemented on the limitless SMS feature of 9000 SMS messages per month. Customers will receive notifications when they have 1000 SMSs remaining, and when all 9000 SMS messages have been used, SMS message sending will be barred until such time that an SMS bundle is purchased. The counter will be reset at the beginning of each calendar month. Any extreme usage which may have an impact on the operation of our network may be monitored. Vodacom reserves the right to apply and implement protection measures to safeguard customers’ experience and the Vodacom network against abuse to ensure continuous service quality or sustainability of the service.
ii. SMSs may not be used as part of any bulk SMS sending service for commercial or business purposes.
iii. RED/RED+ Price Plans and SMS bundles are not available to WASP and content providers and cannot be used for bulk message sending.
iv. If the SIM card is used in a fixed geographic location to regularly send bulk SMSs to multiple numbers, the service will be suspended immediately.
v. Vodacom reserves the right to suspend the service in the event of suspected abuse where non-compliant devices as specified by the regulating body ICASA are being used on the Vodacom network.
vi. The limitless SMS offer on RED/RED+ Price Plan(s) may not be used for commercial purposes. Any use of this offer outside of what is considered reasonable for private, non-commercial use and in instances through mechanisms and means not intended for personal use or the anticipated purpose of the offer will be considered as abuse.
25. Smart/Smart+ and RED/RED+ price plans, signed on a 24 month contractual basis, will have a term of 24 months starting from the day of activation. Upgrade or renewal is permissible in month 22 of the term. Early cancellation of the 24 month contract will incur monetary penalties calculated using the remaining term of the contract and/or device finance costs. At the end of the contractual period of 24 months, if the customer does no renew or cancel the contract, the contract will continue on a month-to-month basis until either of the afore mentioned actions takes place.
26. Smart/Smart+ and RED/RED+ price plans activated mid-month, will have their associated bundle allocations (Voice, SMS and Data), as well as the monthly subscription fee, pro-rated for that month respective of the day of activation.
27. Vodacom reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and where such change is material, Vodacom shall provide prior written notice of such change or amendment.