ShowMax over Fibre Terms and Conditions
1. ShowMax is a subscription Video On Demand service that gives you access to thousands of hours of local and international television shows, movies and series available on smartphones, PCs, tablets and Smart TVs.
2. The service is offered in partnership with ShowMax.
4. The use of the ShowMax service requires a high-speed Internet connection (minimum of 2Mbps is recommended).
5. The ShowMax service is available as a Value Added Service to all Vodacom Fibre customers.
6. You will only be billed for the ShowMax service once the “welcome message” has been sent by Vodacom to your registered email address.
7. A new Vodacom Fibre customer who is awaiting the installation and activation of the Vodacom Fibre service will only have the ShowMax service available after the Vodacom Fibre service has been installed and activated.
8. Notwithstanding the free trial offered by Showmax to new subscribers under the Showmax terms and conditions, Vodacom customers who take up a Showmax subscription and pay for it through their Vodacom account will not be eligible for such free trial.
9. The ShowMax monthly subscription will be billed at R99.00 per month (VAT inclusive).
10. The ShowMax monthly subscription will be billed in advance, and is valid from the 1st of the month to the end of the current month.
11. A ShowMax service activated during the month will be billed a pro-rated amount for the remainder of the month. Your first (1st) month’s invoice will reflect the pro-rated amount as well as the subscription for the month in advance.
12. Once you have subscribed to the ShowMax service, your monthly invoice will display your monthly subscription as “Vodacom Broadband Fibre ShowMax”.
13. You will only be able to deactivate the ShowMax service through Vodacom.
14. To cancel your subscription, please call 082 1904. The cancellation request will be effective on the last day of the current month.
15. Streaming or downloading of ShowMax movies or series will deplete data from the internet connectivity that is being used to access the service. Example: If you are using your Vodacom Broadband Fibre connection; the data will deplete from the allocated Vodacom Broadband Fibre data bundle. If you are accessing ShowMax from an alternative Internet connection, the data will be consumed at that associated Internet connection rate.