Power Pack Price Plan Funeral Cover
Terms And Conditions
1. These rules should be read in conjunction with the Vodacom Funeral Cover Terms and Conditions available at www.vodacom.co.za/funeralcover which outlines generic terms and conditions for all our funeral cover products.
2. Only active Power Pack price plan customers who are South African citizens between the age of 18 and 60 are eligible for a Power Pack Funeral Cover policy.
3. To qualify for cover a customer must purchase a qualifying Power Pack bundle. To keep your policy active you need to purchase a qualifying bundle at least once a month.
4. Power Pack Funeral Cover applies to an individual life only.
5. You can have a Power Pack Funeral Cover policy at the same time as ‘Cover 4 You’ and ‘Cover 4 You and Your Family’, but only one of each may be active at the same time.
6. Power Pack Funeral Cover customers can add beneficiary details, view and amend their Power Pack Funeral policy details on *135*83#.
7. If you are eligible (as per eligibility criteria above), your Power Pack Funeral Cover policy will initiate automatically on purchase of a Power Pack bundle.
8. Your policy will become active from the 1st day of the next month after policy initiation.
9. Once you have qualified for cover the cover amount will be set to R5 000 and a standard 3 month waiting period will apply.
10. During the waiting period, only accidental death will be covered.
11. There is a 24 month waiting period for death as a result of suicide.
12. If you do not purchase a Power Pack bundle in the previous month, a grace period of 30 days will apply and you will still enjoy cover for the new month. If you do not purchase a Power Pack bundle for a second consecutive month, your cover will be reset to R0 (i.e. your policy lapses), and the waiting period will reset to 3 months. Vodacom will send you frequent messages by SMS to help you retain your funeral cover benefit.
Claims: Call us on 082 178 00. When you pass away, your beneficiary will need to provide us with the relevant documentation so that we can settle the claim quickly and efficiently. We need to be informed of your death within 180 (one-hundred-and-eighty) days of it happening. If we’re not informed in time by your beneficiary or estate, the claim could be declined. If any claim under this policy involves fraud, misrepresentation or false information, such as incorrect age or relationship, your cover will be cancelled. In this case, no claim payouts will be made. We will also not payout due to self-inflicted injury & illegal acts.
Complaints: We appreciate you as a client, so if at any point you are unhappy with any aspect of our service or the benefit offering, first give us an opportunity to resolve the matter as quickly as possible by calling us on 082 178 00. If you are not satisfied with the result of the complaint resolution or have a compliance-related query, please call us on 082 124. Should you still be dissatisfied with the outcome, you can direct service related complaints to the FAIS Ombud on 012 762 5000. Complaints about our products can be directed to the Ombudsman for Long-Term Insurance on 0860 103 236.
For any assistance on your policy call us on 082 178 00.
Your policy is underwritten by Vodacom Life Assurance Company (RF) Limited. Should you activate this policy, your personal details will be passed to our appointed administrator and other partners to process and service this policy.
This policy is subject to South African law and all payouts will be in rands to a South African bank account. In the event that the law or the interpretation thereof changes, we may change the terms of this policy. We will notify you of any such changes.