+1 849, +1 829, +1 809
Papua New Guinea
Samoa - Western
Sao Tome and Principe
+881, +882, +883, +87
12. For Vodacom contract customers, all charges accumulated while roaming will be debited from your Vodacom account. Please remember that it may take up to 3 months for Vodacom to receive details on your roam usage.
13. Activation of international roaming will take place within 24 hours of the request.
14. We recommend that contract customers activate roaming at least 7 days before departure in the event that supporting documentation is required. Always confirm that your international roaming activation documents have been received by the business.
15. For contract customer, business may require a deposit prior to activating the international roaming service on your account, which will be credited to your account approximately 3 months after your return.
16. International roaming is more expensive compared to your local Vodacom tariff plan. Please ensure that you select and appropriate roaming option according to your needs. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the relevant charges before activating the service.
17. You will be charged for incoming and outgoing calls while roaming.
18. You will not be charged for receiving an SMS while roaming. This includes all private messages, notifications and alerts from Vodacom.
19. While roaming, your mobile device may automatically select a different foreign network depending on the network coverage conditions and this could impact the rates you are charged. For lower rates always ensure that you are roaming on an appropriate Vodacom or Vodafone partner network.
20. If you have selected to divert your calls to another number while roaming, you will be charged for both incoming and outgoing call (the divert) to the other number.
21. If you have selected to divert your calls to voicemail, you will be charged for both the incoming call to your mailbox and the outgoing call you will make to retrieve the voice message wile roaming.
22. If you have the Twin call service activated, please ensure that your second cellphone remains switched off for the roaming service to function correctly.
23. Calls that are normally free in South Africa, such as 1082, 121, are not free while roaming and are billed at the applicable roaming rate as calls made back to South Africa.
24. While roaming, calling Vodacom’s dedicated Customer Centre (+2782135) will be free.
25. The use of the short codes such as 111 and 121 will work subject to technical availability on networks. Please add +2782 to the short codes to complete your calls.
26. Networks have varying services available. There will be networks with no data services and there will be networks with varying data speeds.
27. Not all roaming data services available to Vodacom contract customers will be available to Top Up and Prepaid customers.
28. USSD usage is charged at 20c/20sec
29. Vodacom will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies arising from information displayed on the website.
30. If you have barred incoming SMS on your phone, you will not receive the Vodacom notifications.
31. While Vodacom makes every effort to ensure that customers receive the SMS notifications, it cannot be held liable for SMS not received.
32. All rates are VAT inclusive.
1. Vodacom Travel Saver is applicable only when roaming in the participating countries. The participating countries, zones and applicable rates are annexed hereto and form part of these terms and conditions.
2. In order to qualify for Vodacom Travel Saver rates, you must ensure that you are roaming in a qualifying country that is listed as a Vodacom Travel Saver country.
3. All networks in the qualifying countries will be charged at Travel Saver rates with the exclusion of Malta Maritime services, which is a satellite network, Angola, Ethiopia and Senegal.
4. Vodacom Contract, Prepaid and Top Up customers with roaming activated.
5. Prepaid and Hybrid customers have a limited data services footprint. As countries and networks launch prepaid data roaming services, the networks will automatically allow data services for Travel Saver.
6. Customers with the basic roaming services (Vodafone World) already activate can opt-in to the Vodacom Travel Saver offer using the following channels:
a. Keyword SMS - SMS “SAVE” to 123 while in SA (free) or +2782123 while abroad (roaming SMS rates will apply). You might be prompted to SMS to 31050 instead, this only works while in SA.
b. Service Providers
c. Vodacom Online Portal, Select Services > Calling Services
d. Calling Customer Care, 082135
e. USSD, Dial *135#> Service> roaming
The above-mentioned channels can also be used to de-active the service
7. After activation of the service, Vodacom Travel Saver will remain the customers default roaming option when they travel in the qualifying countries until it is de-activated.
8. There is a daily subscription fee applicable on the service. The subscription fee is only applicable/charged on days that a customer is roaming on the Vodacom Travel Saver qualifying countries and making use of any roaming service i.e. making or receiving calls, sending SMS and data usage (days with no roaming event will not be charged a subscription fee).
9. Receiving an SMS or calls to customer care are events that will note trigger the daily subscription fee
10. If a customer is not roaming on a participating Vodacom Travel Saver country, the applicable Vodafone World Zone Rates will apply.
11. When the customer de-activates Vodacom Travel Saver, they will not qualify for the rates even if they are roaming in a Vodacom Travel Saver country, Vodafone World Zone Rates will apply.
12. When a subscriber has opted for Vodacom Travel Saver and is roaming on an Africa Roaming network, Vodacom Travel Saver rates will apply.
13. While roaming on any participating Vodacom Travel Saver country, calling Vodacom’s dedicated Customer Contact Centre (+2782135) will be free.
14. Customers may not have SMS roamer and Vodacom Travel Saver active simultaneously however they are allowed to move between SMS Roamer and Vodacom Travel Saver.
15. Customers may have Vodafone world and Vodacom Travel Saver active simultaneously however Vodacom Travel Saver will apply when roaming in the Vodacom Travel Saver qualifying footprint, Vodafone World rates apply when customer is not roaming in the Travel Saver qualifying footprint.
16. If customer has triggered an event and used Travel Saver but opts out of the service, Vodafone World rates will apply only from the next day.
17. The Vodacom Travel Saver fee will be billed based on South African dates and times (i.e. the daily subscription fee will be charged according to the day start in South Africa).
18. While roaming on any of participating Vodacom Travel Saver countries, accessing your voicemail (132) will be charged as a roaming call made back to South Africa each time the call is made.
19. Vodacom Travel Saver rates exclude premium and satellite numbers i.e. calls to these numbers will be charged at the current premium and satellite rates.
20. Vodacom Travel Saver rates exclude bundled minutes, promotional tariffs, free minutes. Public holidays and off-peak rates do not apply.
21. The Vodacom Travel Saver service is only available for personal use and non-commercial purposes.
22. The unitization for the Vodacom Travel Saver offer will remain the same as the existing Vodafone World unitization (60:60 for voice and 10kB increments for data).
23. All rates are VAT inclusive
24. The table below provides the Travel Saver rates across the three zones:
1. The Vodacom Red roaming service will be available to all Vodacom post-paid customers with roaming activated from the 12th of September 2019.
2. The Vodacom Red roaming service is currently only available to Vodacom Red Contract customers with roaming activated.
3. Customers must opt-in for the service. It is only required once - there is no need to opt-in for each day abroad or each time customers travel abroad.
4. In order to qualify for the Red roaming, you must ensure that you are roaming in a qualifying country that is listed as a Red roaming country. Click here for list.
5. All networks in the qualifying countries will be included in the bundle allocation with the exclusion of Maritime services such as MALTA Maritime and OnAir Swiss Airline services and any other satellites such as planes, boats and remote areas. Standard roaming rates will apply.
6. Customers with the basic roaming service already activated can opt-in and opt-out to the Red roaming offer via:
o USSD *135*733(RED)#
7. Upon activation of the service, the Red roaming service will remain the customers default roaming plan when they travel in the qualifying countries until it is de-activated.
8. Local bundles and allocations will not be consumed while roaming.
9. The red roaming bundle can only be consumed while roaming.
10. The Red Roaming bundle is eligible for use daily. It will expire after 7 days then a new bundle will be allocated if customers is roaming and in a qualifying country.
11. The Red Roaming bundle fee will be charged only when the customer is roaming in a qualifying country and making use of any roaming service.
12. The Red Roaming bundle service is triggered and allocated when the customer uses data, voice or SMS. The bundle expires after 7 calendar days. It will then require a new roaming event to trigger the new bundle on the 8th day.
13. The data voice and SMS out of bundle rates apply when the bundle allocation is depleted but the bundle has not expired. A new bundle will be allocated on the 8th day only when an event is triggered.
14. If a customer is on a session that continues over the expiry time, the next bundle will only allocate after he ends his session and triggers a new event. A bundle will not allocate during the session. If he is in-bundle the session will deduct from his current session if he is out-of bundle, the out-of-bundle rates will apply until he ends the session.
15. If the customer has triggered an event and used a Red Roaming bundle but opts out of the service before expiry, the new offering that has been activated will apply only after bundle expiry.
16. If the customer has triggered an event in a Red bundle qualifying country and moves to another Red bundle qualifying country in the same day or within the 7 days, the same bundle will be used.
17. If the customer has triggered an event in a Red bundle qualifying country and moves to a non-Red bundle qualifying country, out of bundle rates will apply from the first usage. Usage will not deduct from the Red bundle. If customer returns to a bundle country within the 7 days, bundle usage will resume until expiry of the bundle.
18. When the customer de-activates the Red roaming Service, they will not qualify for the bundle rates even if they are roaming in a Red roaming country, Vodafone World Zone Rates will apply.
19. When a subscriber has opted for the Red roaming and is roaming on an Africa Roaming network, the Red roaming service will apply.
20. While roaming on any participating Red roaming country, calling Vodacom’s dedicated Customer Contact Centre (+2782135) will be free. It is not an event that will trigger the bundle.
21. Customers may not have SMS roamer or Vodacom Travel Saver active simultaneously with the Red Roaming bundle. They are allowed to move to SMS roamer or Vodacom Travel Saver when they opt out on the bundle service.
22. Customers may have Vodafone World (basic roaming activation service) and Red roaming active simultaneously however the Red roaming will apply when active.
23. The Red roaming fee will be billed on South African dates and times.
24. Red roaming deductions exclude home tariff bundled minutes, tariff promotions. Public holidays and off-peak rates do not apply.
25. The Red roaming service is only available for personal use, non-commercial purposes.
26. The unitization for the Red roaming offer will remain the same as the existing Vodafone World unitization (10kB increments for data).
27. All rates are VAT inclusive