Vodacom Standard Terms
- Vodacom reserves the right to suspend your service in the event that we suspect that you in any way abuse the service or if you use devices that are not compliant with ICASA specifications to access the services.
- Vodacom reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and where such change is material Vodacom shall provide you with reasonable prior written notice before implementing such change.
- You may access the Home Internet Uncapped data service (the "Service") via the Top Up payment type.
- The Service may only be available on a 24-month and 36-month contract.
- You will be billed on a monthly basis for the total subscription amount for the Service, including device costs if applicable, as well as any other Value Added Services ("VAS"), bundle purchases or out of bundle usage.
- After your contract period for the Services has expired, your contract will continue on a month-to-month basis.
- You may terminate your Service during the initial contract period or the renewal/upgrade period by giving Vodacom at least 20 (twenty) business daysâ notice in writing. Early cancellation will be subject to a payment penalty determined by Vodacom (the "Cancellation Fee"). Vodacom may charge you up to 75% of the balance of the outstanding Service fees (the "Balance") as the Cancellation Fee. The Balance is determined as follows: the monthly subscription amount times by the remaining months of the contract. Upon early cancellation of the Service, you will also have to pay all outstanding amounts in respect of the Services and/or Apparatus related to the Services in addition to the Cancellation Fee.
- If you choose to cancel your Service between the 1st and the 3rd of the month the cancellation will only be effective at the end of that particular month. If you choose to cancel your Service after the 3rd of the month the cancellation will be pended to the end of the following month. You will retain your data allocation until the Service cancellation is effective.
- You are able to do a SIM swap.
Home Internet Contract Devices
- As part of the Service, Vodacom will offer you the following devices:
Huawei B353 router or Alcatel HH72V
- The Service's SIM will only work in the Vodacom issued router.
- The Service will not be offered to you as SIM only.
Contract Activation and Use
- You can only activate the Service if your location has sufficient LTE coverage and capacity. You can check the LTE coverage in your area on: Home Internet (vodacom.co.za)
- When you use the Service, you have to insert a SIM card into the Huawei B535 / Alcatel HH72V router. Please note that the Huawei B535 and Alcatel HH72V router is the devices that are bundled together with the Service.
- You are only guaranteed access to the Vodacom network in the specific area that the Service is activated on and access in any other geographic will not be allowed.
- You may change the location in which you access the Service if your new address has sufficient LTE coverage and capacity. If your new address does not have sufficient LTE coverage and capacity then you may have to cancel your Service and incur the Cancellation Fees.
- The Service's data allocation will be allocated in full regardless of activation date. The monthly FUP Data allocation can not be carried over to another month.
- There is an FUP (Fair Usage Policy) applicable on all Home Internet Uncapped data plans and speed limiting applies when customers reach their respective FUP (each price plan has a respective FUP value and speed limiting).
- The Service has the following download and upload speeds before and after the FUP is applicable:
Line Speed (Download / Upload)
FUP Data Allocation
FUP Soft Cap Speed
Up to 10 Mbps
Up to 2 Mbps
Up to 20 Mbps
Up to 4 Mbps
Up to 30 Mbps
Up to 4 Mbps
Please note that speeds mentioned above are not guaranteed by Vodacom.
Order of consumption, validity and out of bundle
- The Service's data allocations will only be valid for 30 days, or up until the end of the calendar month of data allocation. Therefore, if data is allocated to you on the 1st of July; your data is valid up until and including the 31st of July 23:59. The customer will start every month with a new data allocation according to their respective FUP.
- The Service will first use the data with the earliest expiry date including data that has been carried over and/or data from data bundles purchased.
- You will forfeit all your unused data at the time of the data bundle expiry.
- After the respective allocated FUP data to the Service is depleted and you have no other active data bundles, the Service will continue at the applicable FUP soft cap speed.
- There is no out-of-bundle data rate that is applicable on the Home Internet Uncapped data plans.
Voice, MMS & SMS services
- The Service does not include MMS, Voice services and outgoing SMS. Incoming SMS is allowed.
- You may purchase multiple additional data bundles for the Service.
- If you purchase additional bundles on the Top Up billing option, the cost of the additional bundles will be deducted from your airtime. If you have no airtime balance, you will not be able to purchase bundles.
Usage Notifications and Data Transfer
- You will receive your data usage notifications via the Vodacom online channels or on any number you provide to Vodacom other than the number linked to the Service.
- Due to the uncapped nature of the price plans, you will not be able to transfer data from the respective monthly FUP data allocations.
- You can transfer purchased data bundles (that were purchased over and above the monthly FUP data allocations) to other customers that use the Service. For more information please visit https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/data-bundle-transfer-terms-and-conditions
- Transfer of Ownership is possible but applicable to whether the new location has sufficient LTE coverage and capacity
- You may view your data balance on:
- You can migrate to another price plan option within the Home Internet price plans however the new plan's data allocation and terms and conditions will be applicable.
- You can migrate into the Home Internet Uncapped price plans from another Home Internet price plan however the new plan's data allocation and terms and conditions will be applicable.
- If you migrate to a lower price plan you will be liable for a downward migration fee.
- Migrations on Top Up plans will be pended until the end of the month and the new price plan will only take effect at the beginning of the next consecutive calendar month.
- If you migrate to another price plan, your contract period for the Service will remain unchanged.
- You may not migrate from another data or voice contract into this Home Internet Uncapped data service.
- You may upgrade into or out of the Service. This will be on the basis that the location you are using the Service has sufficient LTE coverage and capacity.
- You may not use data sharing SIM cards for the Service.
- The data allocation for the Service cannot be used for roaming.
- The customer is liable for any VAS services, bundle purchases or other purchases made over and above their subscription amount.