Vodacom Fibre Broadband Promotion Summary
These additional terms and conditions shall be applicable for orders in respect of new Vodacom Fibre Broadband Services that are to be activated on the Vodacom Self build Network and Vodacom Bitstream Partner Networks (“Promotional Offer”). The Promotional Offer shall entail Vodacom offering a free Fibre Mobile Back-up service (more fully described below) for subscribers that place orders for new Vodacom Fibre Broadband Services from 09 April 2021 to 30 April 2021, both days inclusive (“Promotional Period”).
Vodacom Fibre Broadband Terms and Conditions
The standard Terms and Conditions for the Vodacom Fibre Broadband Price Plans apply and are available at the following link:
Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up Service description and additional terms and conditions
The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up Service enables a subscriber to have recourse to the use of mobile data to access Vodacom Broadband Services upon the unavailability, for whatever reason, of their Vodacom Fibre Broadband Services. The mobile data is made available in the form of a 5GB monthly recurring allocation, and upon the activation of the Promotional Offer, a subscriber shall be provided with a SIM and a mobile modem. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-Up Service is subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
· The monthly 5GB mobile data allocation is not transferrable to another subscriber;
· The monthly 5GB mobile data allocation is active over the duration of a calendar month only, and is not capable of being rolled-over to a subsequent month; and
· Upon the depletion of the 5GB mobile data allocation throughout the duration of a calendar month, a subscriber’s access to the Mobile Back-Up Service shall be suspended until a new monthly allocation is made at the commencement of the calendar month. For the avoidance of doubt, a subscriber is not permitted to load purchased pre-paid data bundles to re-activate the suspended service once the mobile data has been depleted.
Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up Service device terms and conditions
The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-Up Service device is subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
· The Vodacom Mobile Back-up Service shall be accessed through a mobile modem and a SIM that is compatible to operate with the Vodacom Fibre subscriber premises equipment installed for purposes of receiving the Vodacom Fibre Broadband Services; and
· Vodacom reserves the right to change the model of the mobile modem that may be offered to the subscriber.
Mobile modem device warranty terms and conditions
The mobile modem device is subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
· The mobile modem has a 24-month warranty and the validity of the warranty shall be subject to the mobile modem being used in conjunction with the subscriber premises equipment installed for purposes of receiving the Vodacom Fibre Broadband Services.
· The mobile modem warranty period commences on the date of the subscriber’s acceptance of delivery of the mobile modem by the subscriber.
· A functionally faulty mobile modem may be substituted for a replacement by the subscriber or an approved installer.
· Vodacom reserves the right to replace a mobile modem with any other alternative mobile modem provided that the mobile modem has the same technical and functional specifications as the mobile modem that is subject to the replacement.
· The warranty on a replacement mobile modem will be valid for the balance of the initial warranty period.
· The mobile modem warranty shall be voided if damage is caused by malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorized repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object into the device.
· The mobile modem warranty shall be repudiated if the modem was used in conjunction with any other devices than the Vodacom Fibre subscriber premises equipment.
Additional Vodacom Fibre Broadband Promotional Offer Terms and Conditions
The Promotional Offer shall only be made available to new and qualifying subscribers that place their orders throughout the duration of the Promotional Period. Further, the activation of the Promotional Offer is subject to successful credit vetting and the conclusion of a subscriber contract by a qualifying subscriber who elects to enter into one of the following contract terms for the relevant Vodacom Fibre Broadband Services:
· 12 months; or
· 24 Months.
The Promotional Offer is not capable of activation in conjunction with the following services:
· Value Added Services; and
· Vodacom Premium Fibre Services.
The Promotional Offer is subject to successful credit vetting and the entering into a subscriber contract for a period of twenty-four (24)-month, twelve (12)-month or month-to-month contract terms.
In the event that a subscriber relocates from the residential premises at which the Promotional Offer had been activated to a different residential premise, the Promotional Offer shall not be re-activated at the latter (new) residential premises.
Cancellations of any of the above will result in the cancellation clause in the standard terms and conditions being applicable. The subscriber will then be liable for a balance of contract clawback for the Vodacom Fibre Broadband Services.
The commencement date of the Promotional Offer is upon the installation of the ONT equipment at the subscriber’s premises.