Terms and Conditions
• Terms and Conditions can be viewed at https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/er24-terms-and-conditions
• Vodacom Privacy Agreement can be viewed at https://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/privacy-policy
1. The Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App is exclusively available for Vodacom customers on Prepaid, Contract and Top Up / Hybrid packages who experience communication barriers such as Deaf, hard of hearing, hearing impaired, deaf, speech impaired, Deafblind (“Customers”)
2. The Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App enables Customers to communicate with the ER24 Emergency Services Contact Centre from their mobile device
3. Using the Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App to contact the emergency contact centre via the App, Customers are able to access various emergency services such as fire, police, sea rescue, traffic and ambulance services
4. Customers must download the Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App from the Google Playstore and Apple iStore
5. The Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App can only be used within South Africa. It will not work while a Customer is roaming
6. The Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App is available 24 hours, every day of the year
7. The Vodacom 112 Emergency Service is a free app. You will however attract data charges in the following instances: 1) when being authenticated via Google+ and Facebook during the registration process and 2) when utilising location services.
8. Vodacom customers must enter their cellphone number in order to register to use the Vodacom 112 Emergency Services App.
9. Customers must select their disability type as part of the registration process. Note: By selecting your disability and clicking ‘next’ you would’ve agreed to the applicable Terms and Conditions and the Vodacom Privacy Statement
10. Customers may contact the Emergency Service Contact Centre from any smart Android and Apple devices active on the Vodacom network.
Minimum operating system versions:
a. IOS - 10 and above.
b. Android – 7.0 (Nougat) and above.
c. (Windows based phones will not be supported in this phase)
11. When registering for the Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App, mandatory fields need to be completed such as your cell number, type of disability and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and the Vodacom Privacy Statement.
12. This 112 Emergency Service App is not designed to replace the traditional 112 voice service. Customers who are able to contact the 112 voice emergency service can continue to do so.
13. Once registered, you may only change your address, medical conditions and next-of-kin details.
14. Customers will need to register for the Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App even though they have registered for the 112 SMS service. Note that the Customers may continue to use the 112 SMS Emergency Service.
15. Customers will need to register again for the Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App should their cellphone number change
16. You may experience some delays when receiving your OTP (One Time Pin) via SMS when interacting with the Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App
17. You will be unable to use this 112 Emergency Service App when there is no network coverage.
18. Vodacom and ER24 (the emergency service provider) do not accept any liability whatsoever and including, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability for any damages and/or losses arising from the use of the service and in particular, delivery failure and/or delay.
19. The functionalities in the Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App may be updated on an ongoing basis to improve the service.
20. You agree that if you requested help and the emergency services agent fails to get more information from you after one attempt within 3 minutes, they will initiate contact with your next of kin for a further 15 minutes at 5-minute intervals, if registered. If your next of kin is available, the Emergency Services agent will proceed with dispatching the applicable emergency services provider. If your next of kin is unavailable or not recorded, the case will be closed and no emergency service will be dispatched.
21. You agree that if you requested help and have not provided the minimum required information such as your location and type of emergency service required, the case will be closed with no dispatching of emergency services. Not providing information could be as a result of your battery dying or you have no connectivity.
22. The dispatch of an emergency service (such as an ambulance) may result in you incurring charges.
23. You will no longer be able to use the Vodacom 112 Emergency Service App if your cellphone number is ported out of the Vodacom network or if you are no longer a Vodacom customer.
24. Your location will be established via location services. Note: There are instances that the location will not be 100% accurate. You consent to Vodacom using your location in instances where you require assistance via the 112 Emergency Service App
25. If you misuse/abuse the service, the details may be recorded and forwarded to the appropriate authorities.
26. This emergency service is only available in the English language.