Terms And Conditions
1. The following terms and conditions relate to the Family Sharing Service and do not replace any other terms and conditions, agreements or contracts which exist between the customer and Vodacom and their Service Providers. By using this service you accept these terms and conditions.
2. The Family Sharing service allows a Vodacom customer to share data with another Vodacom customer. The customer sharing data will hereinafter be referred to as the sharing subscriber, and the customer receiving data will hereinafter be referred to as the receiving subscriber.
3. The ability to be a sharing subscriber is limited to customers on either RED Premium+, RED VIP+, RED More Data 10GB, RED Professional or RED Executive price plans. Compatible sharing RED subscribers can also be a receiving subscriber.
4. The receiving subscriber can be on any Post-paid Contract or any Hybrid/Top Up Contract on the Vodacom network, this includes uChoose Flexi, uChoose Smart, Smart, Smart Top Up+, Smart+, uChoose More Data, Smart More Data and RED Price Plans. A receiving subscriber can only be shared with from one unique sharing subscriber per calendar month. The receiving subscriber may not be a Prepaid subscriber.
5. The sharing subscriber must be the master account holder of the RED price plan intended to be used for sharing, or must be granted master account holder privileges by the account holder of the contract by calling 082 111.
6. The service is limited to the sharing of Data only. No voice minutes, airtime or SMS sharing is permitted.
7. Data bundles that can be shared, can be any recurring data bundle i.e. the data bundle allocated as part of the monthly contract default allocation, Recurring Mobile Internet bundles and/or Incentive Recurring data bundles allocated as part of a deal or promotion. No Once-Off, URL specific, Just 4U or any other data bundles with a validity of 30 days or less can be shared and allocated from the sharing subscriber, to the receiving subscriber.
8. In the months where sharing occurs, the contract default data allocation will be doubled with equivalent Night Owl Data which can be used by either the sharing subscriber, or shared with a receiving subscriber as Night Owl data. Night Owl Data can only be used between midnight 00:00 and 5:00. See Night Owl Terms and Conditions.
9. The data bundle shared by the sharing subscriber will be deducted from the available Recurring data bundle balances on the sharing subscriber’s account, and will be allocated to the receiving subscriber’s account as a Once-Off bundle.
10. The bundle received by the receiving subscriber is valid only for the calendar month in which it was shared and will expire at 23:59 on the last day of the calendar month in which the sharing occurred.
11. A completed transaction where a bundle was shared by the sharing subscriber and then received by the receiving subscriber, cannot be reversed.
12. A sharing subscriber can only share data with a maximum of 6 receiving subscribers in a calendar month. The sharing subscriber will be charged R25 for the calendar month, for each unique receiving subscriber number with which data is shared. This cost will be added to the sharing subscriber’s bill. The charge is applicable for every calendar month the service is used. Where no sharing occurs, no charge will be applied.
13. Details of the sharing, the bundles size and the receiving subscriber who received the bundle, can be viewed in the monthly itemised bill of the sharing subscriber. The phone number of the receiving subscriber will be displayed as well as the date, time and size of the bundle shared.
14. Data that can be shared will be available in set bundle sizes and presented as an option to the sharing subscriber. Where the sharing subscriber has less than the maximum bundle size, the sharing subscriber will only see bundles applicable to their balance i.e. if the sharing subscriber has 4GB of data, the sharing subscriber will only be presented with bundle sizes of 3GB and lower to share. If the sharing subscriber has a data balance of recurring data that is less than the minimum bundle size for sharing, then the sharing subscriber will not be able to share data until they get a new allocation of recurring data.
15. Bundle sizes that can be shared are set as follows:
16. Upon depletion of the shared bundle, data usage for the receiving subscriber will revert to other available data bundles, and where there are no available data bundles, data will be consumed at the out of bundle rate applicable to their price plan; until another data bundle is either purchased, or shared with the receiving subscriber by a sharing subscriber.
17. If either the sharing subscriber or the receiving subscriber is in account soft/hard lock status they will not be able to share/receive respectively until the account is unlocked.
18. All sharing must be done via the Vodacom online channels https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za and the My Vodacom App, where the sharing subscriber will be required to register and login to perform the sharing.
19. The bundle shared by a sharing subscriber, and allocated to a receiving subscriber, may only be used for national data usage and does not apply to international data roaming usage.
20. Vodacom reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions and where such change is material, Vodacom shall provide prior written notice of such change or amendment.