Terms and Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running theVodacom Mum & Baby “Win nappies fora year from Dis-Chem” Competition where a 100 lucky customers stand a chance of winning R400vouchers per month for a period of 12 months to be used to purchase nappies fora year from Dis-Chem.
All participants during the term of theCompetition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to all Vodacomprepaid and post-paid customers whether or notregistered for Mum & Baby customers residing in South Africa during theterm of the Competition from 06h00 on 10thFebruary 2020 to 23h59 on 17th April2020. Customer who are not subscribed to the Mum & Baby service willhave to subscribe to the Mum & Baby Premium subscription for R5 per week whenentering the Competition
2. Theduration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion ofVodacom.
3. Eachweek 10 lucky customers will be selected and each customer will receive aWiCode worth R400 per month for a period of a year to purchase nappies fromDis-Chem. 10 Customers will be selected each week over a 10 week period,therefore there will be 100 guaranteed winners by the end of the term of theCompetition. The selected 100 customers will be sent an SMS with a WiCode worthR400 every month for a period of 12 months.
4. EachWiCode voucher will be valid for 30 days after it has been sent via SMS.
5. TheWiCode voucher can be redeemed online on Dis-Chem’s website or in any Dis-Chemstore nationwide.
6. Thevoucher cannot be exchanged for cash or a gift card.
7. Nochange will be issued when purchasing with the WiCode voucher. Customers mustensure that they purchase the full amount value of the voucher as no changewill be issued.
8. The voucher must be used for nappies and other Dis-Chem products onlyafter nappies have been purchased.
9. Lostor stolen vouchers cannot be replaced.
10. Only entries receivedduring the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify aspotential winners.
11. TheCompetition is only open to natural persons at least 18 years and older.Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst otherCorporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in theCompetition.
12. Onlyentrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible towin the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply withSouth African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
13. Thewinners need to have the SIM cards that theyu used to enter the Competition active in their phone every day for a period of12 months as the WiCodes containing the monthly vouchers will be sent via SMSon a monthly basis for a period of 12 months.
14. Employees,directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediatefamilies, life partners, business partners and associates and any persondirectly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management ormarketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in thisCompetition.
15. Participants must reside inSouth Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document orpermanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a periodexceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at theEnd Date.
16. Inthe event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in theCompetition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of theparticipating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded tothe person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phoneaccount/ charges.
18. Only one entry per Sim card will beconsidered. Participants are not allowed to enter multiple times.
19. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costsincurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes,where applicable.
20. The winner will be randomly selected on or after the End Date from alleligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms andConditions. The winner will be notified within 2-5 working days after he / shehas been selected and verified as a winner.
21. The draw will be conducted every Tuesday, for the preceding competitionweek (Monday – Sunday).
22. All the information providedor related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved byVodacom.
23. Vodacom will share personal details of the respective winners, such as name andcontact number with a Vodacom approved third party agency, Vodacom Mum &Baby who will notify the respective winners that they have won in theCompetition, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effectprize fulfilment.
24. Vodacom Mum & Baby will use reasonable efforts tocontact the winners telephonically on the contact details provided by theparticipants to participate in the Competition.
25. Vodacom Mum & Baby shall attempt to contact thewinners for a period of 2-5 normal working week days after their names havebeen drawn and verified as winners. Thewinners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in themorning and 5 (five) in the afternoon. Winners will be advised of arrangements in respect of prizes at thetime of contacting the selected winners.
26. Should a participant not be available on the contactdetails provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits ordeclines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will bedeemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reservesthe right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
27. The claim for any prize will be subject tosecurity and validation, and Vodacomreserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claimby a particular winner is valid. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves, in a mannerdetermined by Vodacom, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and haveto comply with the required validation procedure, determined by Vodacom, inorder to claim any prizes, failing which such winner will forfeit the prize andthe prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
28. Notwithstanding the fact that the prize vests in thewinners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event thatthe required documentation from a particular winner has not been received atthe agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on thepart of any of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadlineset by Vodacom, such prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the rightto award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
29. The winners’ name will be displayed on the Vodacom website after aperiod of 2-5 working dayssubsequent to notification of the winners.
30. No prizes will be delivered to a postal address.
31. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed forcash.
32. If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reasonwhatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
33. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass tothe winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligationsin regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shallterminate.
34. User data collected via the Competition will not beused for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition.
36. Nothing inthese Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfullyrestrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, createdfor either the participant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer ProtectionAct, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
37. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including theallocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence willbe entered into.
38. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competitionand/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and bindingand no correspondence will be entered into.
39. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Termsand Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities orfraudulent practices. Vodacom isentitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not beobliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
40. Vodacom and/or anyother person or party associated with the Competition, their associatedcompanies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involvedin the Competition, shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damageincurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect orconsequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arisingfrom either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
41. Vodacom is not liablefor any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemptionprocess of the Competition. In addition,neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss ormisdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to anyfailure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating in and/or the prize redemption process of theCompetition.
42. Vodacom, its directors, employees, agents anddistributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written orverbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties, guarantees orundertakings given by any person other than Vodacom itself.
43. If Vodacom isrequired by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or toterminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reasonwhatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered,with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants herebywaive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associatedcompanies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
44. You consent toVodacom using your name and surname being used and published on social media byVodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) monthsafter you have been announced as a winner.
45. All informationrelating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material willform part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict betweensuch marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms andConditions shall prevail.
46. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunctionwith, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile siterespectively: