Vodacom LG Valentines Day Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) & LG Electronics South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“LG”) are running the “LG Valentines Day Competition” (“the Competition”)
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
LG – stand a chance to win 1 of 5 limited edition Raspberry Rose LG V30+ devices:
1. The Competition is open to Vodacom subscribers residing in South Africa, who have signed up for, or upgraded to, any LG Stylus 3, LG G6 or LG V30+ on a Vodacom 24(twenty four) month contract (data or voice) at a participating Vodacom Franchise or dealer store from 00:00am on 09 February 2018 to 11:59am on 14 February 2018 (the “End Date”).
2. Five (5) lucky entrants will stand a chance of winning one (1) of five (5) limited edition Raspberry Red LG V30+ devices (“prize”) to the value of R16 000 (Sixteen Thousand Rand) each. The standard warranty will be applicable to the free Raspberry Red LG V30+
2.1. This includes:
2.1.1. Free mobile accessory
2.2. This Excludes:
2.2.1. Data, Voice Minutes and SIM card
3. To enter:
3.1. Qualifying customer’s must sign up for, or upgrade to a LG Stylus 3, LG G6 or LG V30+ handset on a Vodacom 24 month contract (data or voice) at a Vodacom Franchise or Dealer during the term of the Competition, and will then be automatically entered into the draw;
4. Participants are permitted to enter multiple times.
5. The Competition is only open to natural persons at least 18(eighteen) years and older. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
6. To qualify to win any prize, entrants must be at least 18 (eighteen) years or older.
7. This prize is non -transferrable for cash / any other handset or accessories
8. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 11 above will qualify as potential winners.
9. The winner(s) will be randomly selected by Vodacom after the end date from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winner will be notified within ten (10) working days after he / she has been selected and verified as a winner.
10. Vodacom will then hand over the details of the winners to LG who will then telephonically call and notify the winners.
11. The selected winners must have complied with the Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to win the prizes
12. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding three (3) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
13. LG will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners [telephonically] on the contact details provided by the participants to participate in the Competition.
14. The winners will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and five (5) in the afternoon.
15. LG shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of Five (5) normal working week days after their names have been drawn and verified as winners.
16. Should a participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom/ LG reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn entrant.
17. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
18. Each winner must be able to identify himself / herself, in a manner determined by Vodacom/LG, as a qualifying entrant to the Competition and must comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
19. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
20. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from the winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
21. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
22. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
23. The winners’ name and location will be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za after a period of Fifteen (15) working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
24. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as the winner. The winner may decline the use of his / her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
25. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
26. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed and captured by Vodacom or a Vodacom approved third party service provider for the purpose of running the Competition only.
27. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
29. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winner’s personal information, such as name, contact number and physical address, to a Vodacom approved third party (LG) for prize distribution and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect the prize fulfilment.
30. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage.
31. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively:
32. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
33. Vodacom/ LG shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prizes.
34. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
35. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom/ LG’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
36. Vodacom/ LG may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom / LG is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
37. Neither Vodacom/ LG or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
38. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
39. Employees, directors, agents, contractors, consultants of Vodacom and all other participating companies and their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, producing, managing or marketing this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
40. If Vodacom/ LG is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
41. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.