Shake Every Day Promotion
Terms and Conditions
Shake Every Day (the Promotion) offers its customers the opportunity to redeem a variety of rewards (Rewards) including, but not limited to, the following:
• Voice, Data, Social Media Data Bundles and Bonus Airtime rewards;
• Digital Content rewards, e.g. music, games, videos, news content;
• Lifestyle rewards (discounted shopping rewards);
• Cash prizes of up to R50 000 per week.
This document contains the following sections:
1. General Terms & Conditions of the Promotion;
2. Terms & Conditions relevant to the Promotion (excluding the in-store Promotion);
3. Terms & Conditions specific to the Promotion Rewards, by category.
1. General Terms & Conditions of the Promotion
• The Promotion commences 05 April 2019 and continues until 05 February 2020 (the Promotional Period)..
Vodacom reserves the right to change or extend the Promotional Period on reasonable prior notice.
• A customer can access the Promotion through the My Vodacom app and USSD on *135*33#.
• By redeeming these rewards the customer hereby consents to Vodacom using his/her personal information in order to market its products to him/her once the promotion has ended. This consent is subject to a customer’s right to opt out of such marketing messages and further subject to his/her right to restrict receipt of unwanted marketing material as contained in the Consumer Protection Act of 2008.
• This Promotion is available only to active Vodacom customers.
• All Vodacom consumers (Contract, Top-up, uChoose and Prepaid customers) including those who activate a new SIM card on or port into the Vodacom network during the Promotional Period, will qualify to participate in the Promotion.
• Vodacom Corporate customers with Employee Liable accounts (employee pays for additional usage on the account) are also eligible to participate in the Promotion.
The following customers are excluded from participating in the Promotion:
• All Vodacom Corporate customers with Corporate Liable accounts (company pays 100% of the account)
• All Machine to Machine (M2M) customers
• Community services SIMs / phone numbers
• Bulk SMS applications are not permitted to participate in the Promotion
• Vodacom reserves the right to disconnect and suspend the service of non-customer SIMs and non-compliant devices (as specified by the regulating body ICASA) that are being used on the Vodacom network for the purposes of the Promotion
• A non-customer SIM is an application that uses a SIM card to send SMSs in volumes not possible by a natural person
Vodacom reserves the right to change these terms and conditions and will provide participating customers with reasonable notice prior to implementing such changes as required under the Consumer Protection Act. Vodacom protects participant’s personal information according to The Privacy Act.
2. Terms & Conditions relevant to the Promotion
Eligible Vodacom customers may participate in the Promotion using one or more of the following channels:
• My Vodacom app
• My Vodacom USSD menu (*135*33#)
Every Shake does not guarantee a customer a reward.
A notification SMS will be sent out with after every shake.. Customers need to follow instructions detailed in the SMS to redeem their reward.
Handset compatibility: All smartphones. Those with feature and basic handsets will be prompted to press a button numerous times to participate in the Shake Every Day promotion.
NOTE: IOS customers can participate using the *135*33# option but are not able to use the App to participate in the Shake Every Day promotion.
Vodacom is not liable for any direct or indirect costs owing due to participation in this Promotion.
Customers participating in the Promotion will be eligible to win Rewards from various categories, as set out in the Overview above and section 3 below
3. Terms & Conditions: Promotion Rewards
1. The promotion will run from 05 April 2019 to 05 February 2020.
2. Customers can participate in this promotion via the latest version of My Vodacom App and also by dialing *135*33#
3. Customers will be charged R1 for each Shake with the daily limit of 5 Shakes per mobile number applied.
4. Every Shake does not guarantee a customer a reward.
5.The promotion is open to all Prepaid, Hybrid and Post Paid customers and excludes Community Services numbers, cellphone numbers paid fully by a corporate and Machine to Machine(M2M).
6. Minors (18 years and below) will require their guardian’s consent to participate in this promotional.
7. There are time limits on redemptions based on the expiry dates of rewards. These expiry dates will be communicated on the voucher messages sent to customers.
8. Rewards can be won in the following categories:
• Voice, Data, Social data bundles and Bonus Airtime rewards;
• Digital Content rewards (video streaming, music, games);
• Lifestyle rewards (discounted shopping vouchers);
• Cash prizes of up to R50 000 weekly.
Allocation, delivery or collection may differ for Rewards in each category. These are detailed in the relevant Reward Category section below.
Each reward is subject to a validity period, which is specified in the sections below and in each Reward notification.
All Rewards for vouchers or items redeemed through a merchant, retail outlet or online store, will be subject to specific terms and conditions as detailed below.
In the case of a conflict between the Promotion Reward terms and conditions and the merchant’s standard terms and conditions, the Promotion Reward terms and conditions will take precedence.
Voice, Data & Social Media Data Bundle Rewards
Voice minutes bundles, SMS bundles, Data and Social Media bundles Rewards will be allocated immediately to a Prepaid, Top Up or uChoose customers who have redeemed these rewards. Contract customers will be allocated these Reward bundles within 6 (six) hours of redeeming the Reward.
Bundles will be available to use on the day of allocation (within any specified usage period) and will expire as per the stated validity period.
Unused Reward bundles will expire and there will be no carry over or refund, with the exception of data bundles.
Reward bundles cannot be transferred to other customers, with the exception of data bundles.
Any usage that falls outside the specified usage period or after the bundle is depleted will be billed at the customer’s applicable price plan rates, with the exception of data bundles..
Vodacom voice minute bundles will specify usage, whether for Vodacom to Vodacom (VC-VC) calls or calls to any SA Network (Any Network).
The following call types are excluded from the Vodacom voice minute bundles:
Conference & video calls to other networks; Call Sponsor: International & roaming calls, Premium rated calls; Value Added Service (VAS) Calls; Call Forwarding; Directory Enquiry; Reconnect Calls Reverse Charge calls General Through Connect (to other networks)Service calls; Message forwarding.
Vodacom SMS Reward bundles can be used for sending SMS to national destinations including “SMS to email” but cannot be sent to international or premium rated numbers or services. One (1) SMS is equivalent to 160 characters, including spaces.
Data sessions initiated within the specified usage period but terminated outside of the period will deplete from the Data Reward bundle until the last minute of the stated bundle validity period and the remainder of the session will be billed from an existing active data bundle or at the specified out-of-bundle rate applicable to the customer’s price plan.
Prepaid, Top Up or uChoose customers converting to contract price plans or vice versa will not be able to retain their allocated voice minutes, Data or SMS Reward bundles once the conversion is successfully completed.
Social Media bundles must be used on the specified sites (Facebook, Youtube) in the specified time period for the specified validity period. Usage on these sites outside of these rules will incur costs.
Digital Content Rewards
Rewards are available in these categories:
These Rewards will be allocated immediately on winning the Reward.
The customer will receive an SMS providing a link to access the Reward. This message will include information regarding the usage validity period and/or expiry period of the Reward.
If a customer wins a music Reward, the customer will be able to choose one (1) track from a range of music tracks available for the Promotion.
Customers will not be charged for data used for the download of the music Reward.
Music Reward downloads are only available while the customer is on the Vodacom network within South Africa.
The music track will not be available for download after the expiry date.
Unused Rewards in this category will not carry over or be available for download, access or use after the Reward expiry date.
Merchant Terms and Conditions:
Voucher validity varies per reward and must be redeemed at the respective merchant on or before the dates specified; thereafter the voucher will expire and become invalid or unredeemable.
Any dispute relating to voucher redemption shall be resolved between the customer and the relevant merchant. Vodacom assumes no liability in this regard and by acceptance of these terms and conditions the participant indemnifies Vodacom against any claim of whatsoever nature arising out of the redemption of any Reward voucher issued in terms of the Promotion.
Should any of the Reward voucher codes be deleted or the customer’s cellphone lost/stolen, neither the Partner offering the reward nor Vodacom will be liable for any reimbursement of any nature.
Shopping Discount Rewards may be subject to merchant specific terms and conditions, as below:
Edcon Group: Shopping Discount offers
In the case of the customer being rewarded with an “Edgars” discount voucher, the voucher code may be used by the customer to purchase any regular priced merchandise from any participating Edgars stores in South Africa.
In the case of the customer being rewarded with an “Edgars Active” discount voucher, the voucher code may be used by the customer to purchase any regular priced merchandise from any participating Edgars Active stores in South Africa.
In the case of the customer being rewarded with a “Jet” discount voucher, the voucher code may be used by the customer to purchase any regular priced merchandise from any participating Jet and JetMart stores in South Africa.
In the case of the customer being rewarded with a “CNA” discount voucher, the voucher code may be used by the customer to purchase any regular priced merchandise from any participating CNA stores in South Africa. Excluding digital, gaming, software and online purchases.
The customer is required to present the Reward voucher in-store in order to qualify to redeem the voucher.
The discount voucher code may not be transferred by any means to anyone else.
The discount voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including in-store discount promotions.
• Vouchers are valid start date 01 March 2019 – 08 April 2019
• Vouchers are valid in South Africa only
• Vouchers may not be used together with any promotion, sale or special offer
• Valid against regular priced merchandise only
• Vouchers cannot be used to purchase airtime, data, gift cards or to pay your account
• Vouchers cannot be used to purchase cellular products (handsets) Laptops,
Printers, Digital Devices, Gaming Consoles, Software or Gaming Accessories
• Physical or SMS vouchers must be produced in store to qualify
• Vouchers are not valid for purchases online
• Only one voucher may be redeemed per transaction
• Vouchers may only be redeemed once
• No change will be given against any other discount vouchers
• Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash equivalent
• Vouchers may not be used on returned items
• Vouchers are in English to facilitate ease of use at tills.
• The discount voucher cannot be used to pay an Edcon account
• The discount voucher cannot be used to purchase gift cards
• Vouchers cannot be used to purchase 3rd party items such as electricity, DSTV subscriptions, event tickets or other similar items.
You will require a Thank U card in order to redeem this offer. Activation of new cards available to cash and credit customers in store.
The Reward voucher validity is stipulated on the SMS and may only be used once.
Unused Reward vouchers will not be redeemable after the expiry date.
The voucher is ONLY valid for online orders placed via the Debonairs Pizza mobile applications (available on Google Play or the App Store) or website (www.debonairspizza.co.za), call-in or in-store.
The voucher is not redeemable against delivery fees and driver tips.
A maximum discount of up to R25 per order will apply. The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash. Only one voucher can be used per order. The voucher is only valid in RSA.
The voucher is valid until the date stated on the SMS. A minimum order of R 50 will need to be placed to qualify free delivery.
The voucher is valid for online, app, telephonic & over the counter orders.
The voucher is not redeemable against delivery fees and driver tips.
Customer will be able to receive a free milkshake when they purchase a ¼ Chicken meal
Only one voucher can be used per order. The voucher is only valid in RSA.
Cash Prize Rewards
Win up to R50 000 weekly
5 X R10 000 cash prizes can be won weekly.
One shake can win a customer one automatic entry into the draw. A customer can have multiple entries into a weekly draw. Customers may be drawn out more than once based on the number of entries they received in the month.
You will receive a reference number via SMS which must be kept for verification purposes.
The weekly cash prize draw is a random selection and verification is conducted by externals auditors.
The winners of the weekly draw will receive a cash prize of R10 000 each.
• Two Hundred and Fifty (250) lucky entrants stand a chance of winning R10 000 (Five winners per week) each between the period 15 March 2019 and 25 February 2020, via Shake Every Day.
• The first draw will take place on 19 March 2019 and will include all entries received between 15 March 2019 (00:00 am) and 18 March 2019 (23:59 pm).
• The last draw will take place on 25 February 2020 and will include all entries received between 18 February 2020 (00:00 am) and 24 February 2020 (23:59).
After each weekly draw, Vodacom will use all reasonable efforts to telephonically contact the first five winners respectively drawn on the cellphone numbers that were used to participate in the promotion and received a cash prize reward for the specified draw. If Vodacom is unable to contact a reward winner after taking reasonable efforts to do so, that specific R10000 reward will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the reward to the next randomly drawn participant.
Vodacom will notify winners via telephone. Winners’ names and images will be published on www.vodacom.co.za and other media properties, only with the prior expressed permission of the winners.
Vodacom reserves the right to withhold the reward until it is satisfied that the claim is valid.