Shake Every Day Promotion Terms and Conditions
Abbreviated Terms and Conditions for Shake Every Day
1. The promotion will run from 13 October 2017 to 30 April 2019. You can participate in this promotion via the latest version of My Vodacom App and also by dialling *135*33#
3. Apple is in no way affiliated with the SHAKE promotion. Apple is not a sponsor of this promotion, and rewards given through Vodacom will not include any Apple products.
4. The promotion is open to all Prepaid, Hybrid and Post Paid customers and excludes Community Services numbers, cellphone numbers paid fully by a corporate and M2M.
5. Minors require their guardian’s consent to participate in this promotional competition.
6. Every customer will get a guaranteed daily reward. By redeeming rewards you stand a chance to receive more rewards.
7. There are time limits to redeem rewards which will be communicated in the steps to redeem.
8. Rewards can be won in the following categories:
• Voice, Data, Social data bundle and Bonus Airtime rewards
• Digital Content rewards (video streaming, music, games)
• Lifestyle rewards (travel, restaurant & entertainment vouchers)
• R50 000 cash weekly up for grabs
Full Terms and conditions
Shake Every Day (the Promotion) offers its customers the opportunity to redeem a variety of rewards (Rewards) including, but not limited to, the following
• Vodacom network service rewards, e.g. data bundles, SMS bundles, minutes bundles for voice calls, bonus airtime
• Content rewards, e.g. music, games, videos, news content
• Lifestyle rewards (discounted shopping rewards)
• R50 000 cash weekly up for grabs
This document contains the following sections:
1. General Terms & Conditions of the Promotion
2. Terms & Conditions relevant to the Promotion (excluding the in-store Promotion)
3. Terms & Conditions specific to the Promotion Rewards, by category
1. General Terms & Conditions of the Promotion
• The Promotion commences 13 October 2017 and continues until 31 January 2019 (the Promotional Period). Vodacom reserves the right to change or extend the Promotional Period on reasonable prior notice.
• A customer can access the Promotion through the My Vodacom app (version 9.6) and USSD on *135*33#
• By redeeming these rewards the customer hereby consents to Vodacom using his/her personal information in order to market its products to him/her once the promotion has ended subject to his/her right to opt out of such marketing messages and further subject to his/her right to restrict receipt of unwanted marketing material as contained in the Consumer Protection Act of 2008.
• This Promotion is available only to active Vodacom customers.
• Apple is in no way affiliated with the Vodacom Play Every Day promotional competition. Apple is not a sponsor of this promotional competition, and prizes won will not include any Apple products.
• All prepaid, contract, Top Up and uChoose Vodacom Consumer customers, including those who activate a new SIM card on or port in to the Vodacom network during the Promotional Period, will qualify to participate in the Promotion. Vodacom Corporate customers with Employee Liable accounts (employee pays for additional usage on the account) are also eligible to participate in the Promotion.
• The following customers are excluded from participating in the Promotion
• All Vodacom Corporate customers with Corporate Liable accounts (company pays 100% of the account)
• All Machine to Machine customers
• Community services SIMs / phone numbers
• Bulk SMS applications are not permitted to participate in the Promotion
• Vodacom reserves the right to disconnect and suspend the service of non-customer SIMs and non-compliant devices as specified by the regulating body ICASA that are being used on the Vodacom network for the purposes of the Promotion
• A non-customer SIM is an application that uses a SIM card to send SMSs in volumes not possible by a natural person
• Vodacom reserves the right to change these terms and conditions and will provide participating customers with reasonable notice of such change prior to implementing such changes where such change is required under the Consumer Protection Act
• Vodacom protects participants personal info according to The Privacy Act
2. Terms & Conditions of the Promotion
• Eligible Vodacom customers may participate in the Promotion using one or more of the following channels:
• My Vodacom app
• My Vodacom USSD menu
• Participating customers will receive rewards that they will need to redeem. They will follow instructions to redeem either via My Vodacom app or USSD *135*33#
• Customers will need to have a smartphone that is compatible to shake
• Customers who do not have a smartphone with the shake capability will be asked to press a button numerous times to redeem the gift
• Customers who do not have a smartphone can redeem their gift via USSD
• By redeeming rewards they will be eligible to receive more rewards
• Vodacom is not liable for any direct or indirect costs owing due to participation in this Promotion
• Customers participating in the Promotion will be eligible to win Rewards from various categories, as set out in the Overview above and section 3 below
3. Terms & Conditions: Promotion Rewards
Guaranteed rewards will be allocated to customers daily thereafter more rewards may be allocated to customers who have redeemed previous rewards
There is a time limit to redeem rewards and this will be communicated through the steps for redemption. Failure to redeem the reward in the time limit means the customer will miss out on the allocation of this reward
Rewards may not be transferred to other customers or exchanged for cash.
Rewards are categorised as follows:
• Vodacom network services rewards
• Digital Content rewards
• Lifestyle rewards
• R50 000 cash weekly up for grabs
Allocation, delivery or collection may differ for Rewards in each category. These are detailed in the relevant Reward Category section below.
Each Reward is subject to a validity period, which is specified in the sections below and in each Reward notification.
All Rewards for vouchers or items redeemed through a merchant, retail outlet or online store, will be subject to specific terms and conditions as detailed below. These must be read in conjunction with the relevant merchant’s full terms and conditions, as per the Vodacom/merchant T&Cs.
In the case of a conflict between the Promotion Reward terms and conditions and the merchant’s standard terms and conditions, the Promotion Reward terms and conditions will take precedence.
Voice and Data Bundle Rewards
Voice minutes bundles, SMS bundles, Data and Social Media bundles Rewards will be allocated immediately to a Prepaid, Top Up or uChoose customer who have redeemed these rewards
Contract customers will be allocated these Reward bundles within 6 (six) hours of winning the Reward
Bundles will be available to use on the day of allocation, within any specified usage period, and will expire as per the stated validity period
Unused Reward bundles will expire and there will be no carry over or refund.
Reward bundles cannot be transferred to other customers.
Any usage that falls outside the specified usage period or after the bundle is depleted will be billed at the customer’s applicable price plan rates.
Vodacom voice minute bundles will specify usage, whether for Vodacom to Vodacom (VC-VC) calls or calls to any SA Network (Any Network).
The following call types are excluded from the Vodacom voice minute bundles:
Conference & video calls to other networks; Call Sponsor: International & roaming calls, Premium rated calls; Value Added Service (VAS) Calls; Call Forwarding; Directory Enquiry; Reconnect Calls Reverse Charge calls General Through Connect (to other networks)Service calls; Message forwarding.
Vodacom SMS Reward bundles can be used for sending SMS to national destinations including “SMS to email” but cannot be sent to international or premium rated numbers or services. One (1) SMS is equivalent to 160 characters, including spaces.
Data sessions initiated within the specified usage period but terminated outside of the period will deplete from the Data Reward bundle until the last minute of the stated bundle validity period and the remainder of the session will be billed from an existing active data bundle or at the specified out-of-bundle rate applicable to the customer’s price plan.
Prepaid, Top Up or uChoose customers converting to contract price plans or vice versa will not be able to retain their allocated voice minutes, Data or SMS Reward bundles once the conversion is successfully completed.
Social Media bundles must be used on the specified sites (Facebook, Youtube) in the specified time period for the specified validty period. Usage on these sites outside of their rules will incur costs
Digital Content Rewards
Rewards are available in this category:
These Rewards will be allocated immediately on winning the Reward.
The customer will receive an SMS providing a link to access the Reward. This message will include information regarding the usage validity period and/or expiry period of the Reward.
If a customer wins a music Reward, the customer will be able to choose one (1) track from a range of music tracks available for the Promotion.
Customers will not be charged for data used for the download of the music Reward.
Music Reward downloads are only available while the customer is on the Vodacom network within South Africa.
The music track will not be available for download after the expiry date.
Unused Rewards in this category will not carry over or be available for download, access or use after the Reward expiry date.
Voucher validity varies per reward and must be redeemed at the respective merchant on or before the dates specified; thereafter the voucher will expire and become invalid or unredeemable.
Any dispute relating to voucher redemption shall be resolved between the customer and the relevant merchant. Vodacom assumes no liability in this regard and by acceptance of these terms and conditions the participant indemnifies Vodacom against any claim of whatsoever nature arising out of the redemption of any Reward voucher issued in terms of the Promotion.
Shopping Discount Rewards may be subject to merchant specific terms and conditions, as below:
Edcon Group: Shopping Discount offers
VIn the case of the customer being rewarded with an “Edgars” discount voucher, the voucher code may be used by the customer to purchase any regular priced merchandise from any participating Edgars stores in South Africa.
In the case of the customer being rewarded with an “Edgars Active” discount voucher, the voucher code may be used by the customer to purchase any regular priced merchandise from any participating Edgars Active stores in South Africa.
In the case of the customer being rewarded with a “Jet” discount voucher, the voucher code may be used by the customer to purchase any regular priced merchandise from any participating Jet and JetMart stores in South Africa.
In the case of the customer being rewarded with a “CNA” discount voucher, the voucher code may be used by the customer to purchase any regular priced merchandise from any participating CNA stores in South Africa. Excluding digital, gaming, software and online purchases.
The customer must present the Reward voucher in-store in order to qualify to redeem the voucher.
The discount voucher code may not be transferred by any means to anyone else.
The discount voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including in-store discount promotions.
• Vouchers are valid start date 01 December 2018 – 07 January 2019
• Vouchers are valid in South Africa only
• Vouchers may not be used together with any promotion, sale or special offer
• Valid against regular priced merchandise only
• Vouchers cannot be used to purchase airtime, data, gift cards or to pay your account
• Vouchers cannot be used to purchase cellular products (handsets) Laptops, Printers, Digital Devices, Gaming Consoles, Software or Gaming Accessories
• Physical or sms vouchers must be produced in store to qualify
• Vouchers are not valid for purchases online
• Only one voucher may be redeemed per transaction
• Vouchers may only be redeemed once
• No change will be given against any other discount vouchers
• Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash equivalent
• Vouchers may not be used on returned items
• Vouchers are in English to facilitate ease of use at tills.
• The discount voucher cannot be used to pay an Edcon account
• The discount voucher cannot be used to purchase gift cards
• Vouchers cannot be used to purchase 3rd party items such as electricity, DSTV subscriptions, event tickets or other similar items.
You will require a Thank U card in order to redeem this offer. Activation of new cards available to cash and credit customers in store.
The Reward voucher validity is stipulated on the SMS and may only be used once.
Unused Reward vouchers will not be redeemable after the expiry date.
Superbalist: Shopping Voucher
Superbalist endeavors to meet the demand, but offer subject to availability of stock.
The vouchers applies to all products. The vouchers exclude products, which are not shippable. The promotion excludes products on sale. The vouchers can be used a maximum of 1 times per machine. The promotion can be used a maximum of 1 times per user
Voucher codes are valid until 07 January 2019. Subject to Superbalist terms and conditions available on: https://superbalist.com/terms_and_conditions
The voucher is ONLY valid for online orders placed via the Debonairs Pizza mobile applications (available on Google Play or the App Store) or website (www.debonairspizza.co.za), call-in or in-store.
The voucher is not redeemable against delivery fees and driver tips.
A maximum discount of up to R25 per order will apply. The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash. Only one voucher can be used per order. The voucher is only valid in RSA.
The voucher is valid until the date stated on the SMS. A minimum order of R 50 will need to be placed to qualify free delivery.
Should the Reward voucher code be deleted or the customer’s cellphone lost/stolen, neither Edcon nor Vodacom will be liable for any reimbursement of any nature.
Win a Car Draw
Win a car:
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Win a car competition on the VW Polo Trendline (“the Competition”) where participants of Shake Every Day are entered into a weekly draw to stand a chance to win one (1) car per month.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
• The Competition runs from 00h00 midnight on 27 March 2018 (“start date”) and ends at 00h00 midnight on 25 June 2018(“end date”). Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered for the competition.
• Three (3) lucky entrants stands a chance of winning a car a month between 27 March 2018 and 25 June 2018, via Shake Every Day.
• The monthly draws will take place on:
o 24 April 2018 and will include all entries received between 27 March 2018 (00:00 am) and 23 April 2018 (23:59 pm).
o 29 May 2018 and will include all entries received between 24 April 2018 (00:00 am) and 28 May 2018 (23:59 pm).
o 26 June 2018 and will include all entries received between 29 May 2018 (00:00 am) and 25 June 2018 (23:59 pm).
• Vodacom shall solely determine the specifications and colour of the vehicles to be won and the Vodacom’s decision is final.
• Vodacom shall not be liable for any manufacturing faults, recalls, damage or loss of or to any vehicle once handed over to a winner.
• The cost and arrangement of licensing, registration and insurance of any prize is excluded. Winners must contact the VW Polo dealer that does the handover to arrange for the legal transfer of any prize and must arrange for third party insurance against damage or loss from the moment possession is taken of the prize.
• Vodacom or VW Polo does not cover Insurance or petrol for the vehicle.
• The vehicle will be covered by the standard 5 year/100 000km warranty and 3 year/45000km service plan.
• The winners will be randomly selected by means of an electronic random draw selection from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
• Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners
• Participants are not required to have a valid driver’s license to win a prize, but a prize may only be collected by a representative of a winner who is in possession of a valid driver’s license at the time of collection of such prize.
• Entrants are allowed to enter as many times as they like, but are only eligible to win once for the duration of the Competition.
• Participants must be in possession of a valid SA identity document or valid permanent residence permit valid for a period exceeding 12 (twelve) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date of the Competition.
• The selected winners must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
• The selected winners must have complied with these Terms and Conditions to enter and be on an active, qualifying contract with no accounts held with Vodacom being in arrears to be eligible to win the prizes.
• There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition.
• All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate. Vodacom will advise of arrangements in respect of the prize distribution at the time of contacting the selected winner.
• Notwithstanding the fact the prize vests on the winner immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed/ undeliverable after a month of transfer or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited.
• The winner will be contacted during working hours (08h00 to 17h00) by phone on or after the draw date, using the cell phone number associated with his/ her entry into the Competition.
• Vodacom (Pty) Ltd will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the Competition. Vodacom (Pty) Ltd shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 2 (two) working days after his/ her name has been drawn and verified as a winner.
• Should a participant not be available on the contact number during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected entrant.
• The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation, failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
• If a winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
• Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
• In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is the account holder and responsible for payment of the qualifying contract/ existing qualifying contract.
• Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as winners. The winner may decline the use of his/her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
• The winner’s names and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners as well as Vodacom Social Media Assets as well as on screens/in store TV within Vodacom Approved sales channels.
• The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
• The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into
• In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
• User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the Competition only.
• Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
• The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
• Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition.
• Vodacom shall not be liable for taxes or any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
• Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize or after claiming the prize.
• In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating and/or prize redemption process of the Competition.
• If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
• Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
• All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
Win R100 000 draw
Win R100000 draw allows you one automatic entry into the Win R100000 draw. You will receive a reference number via SMS which be kept for verification purposes.
The Win R100000 draw is a random draw and is audited externally. The winner of this draw will receive a cash prize of Win R100000 draw.
You may be entered into the draw multiple times.
• Fourteen (14) lucky entrants stands a chance of R100 000 (1 winner per week, each between 27 March 2018 and 26 June 2018, via Shake Every Day.
• The first draw will take place on 63 April 2018 and will include all entries received between 27 March 2018 (00:00 am) and 2 April 2018 (23:59 pm).
• The last draw will take place on 26 June 2018 and will include all entries received between 19 June 2018 (00:00 am) and 25 June 2018 (23:59)
Each customer who wins an entry into the Win R100000 draw will be entered into the weekly draws to Win R100000 taking place between 2 April 2018 and 26 June 2018. All entries received between 27 March 2018 (00:00 am) and 25 June 2018 (23:59 pm) will be included in the draw
Vodacom will use all reasonable efforts to telephonically contact the first winner drawn on the cellphone number that was used to participate in the promotion and received this reward into the draw If Vodacom is unable to contact this reward winner after taking reasonable efforts to do so, reward will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the reward to the next randomly drawn participant.
Winners will be notified by Vodacom by telephone call. Winners’ names and images will be published on www.vodacom.co.za and other media properties, only with the prior express permission of the winner.
Vodacom reserves the right to withhold the reward until it is satisfied that the claim is valid.
Win R50 000 draw
Win R50000 draw allows you one automatic entry into the Win R50000 draw. You will receive a reference number via SMS which be kept for verification purposes.
The Win R50000 draw is a random draw and is audited externally. The winner of this draw will receive a cash prize of Win R50000 draw.
You may be entered into the draw multiple times.
• Thirty One (31) lucky entrants stands a chance of R50 000 (1 winner per week, each between 3 July 2018 and 29 January 2019, via Shake Every Day.
• The first draw will take place on 3 July 2018 and will include all entries received between 1 July 2018 (00:00 am) and 02 July 2018 (23:59 pm).
• The last draw will take place on 29 January 2019 and will include all entries received between 22 January 2018 (00:00 am) and 28 January 2019 (23:59)
Each customer who wins an entry into the Win R50000 draw will be entered into the weekly draws to Win R50000 taking place between 3 July 2018 and 29 January 2019. All entries received between 1 July 2018 (00:00 am) and 28 January 2019 (23:59 pm) will be included in the draw Vodacom will use all reasonable efforts to telephonically contact the first winner drawn on the cellphone number that was used to participate in the promotion and received this reward into the draw. If Vodacom is unable to contact this reward winner after taking reasonable efforts to do so, reward will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the reward to the next randomly drawn participant.
Vodacom will notify winners via telephone. Winners’ names and images will be published on www.vodacom.co.za and other media properties, only with the prior express permission of the winner.
Vodacom reserves the right to withhold the reward until it is satisfied that the claim is valid.