Make sure you’re never left stranded! Get data and airtime when you need it most.
Get airtime and data now, pay later!
Join over 10 million South Africans who are already getting an airtime and data advance to stay connected when they’re running low on cash or can’t top-up right away.
Only pay a R1 access fee for any advance you take.
To get started, log in to My Vodacom and view your qualifying amount.
You can also download the My Vodacom app,
dial *135*082# or *135# or WhatsApp us.
Low on cash but need to
make a call?
Get an Airtime Advance for R5, R10 or R20 (depending on what you qualify for) and only pay an access fee of R1 (incl. VAT). This amount will be deducted when you recharge.
Qualification amount varies | 1 month repayment period
Browse the Internet whenever
you need to
Choose from a data bundle of 10MB (valued at R3), 25MB (valued at R6), 70MB (valued at R11) and 125MB (valued at R18) and only pay an access fee of R1 (incl VAT). Amounts depend on what you qualify for.
Up to 125MB advance amount | 1 month repayment period
To qualify, you just need to be on our network for at least 3 months and have recharged with a minimum total of R29 for each of those 3 months.
Your advance is available immediately after you take it! So you can make calls and browse the Internet in an instant.
You only pay a R1 (incl VAT) access fee for any advance you take. This is deducted when you recharge.
The advance amount and access fee is deducted on your next recharge. If you’re a Top-Up or uChoose customer, it’s added to your bill if you haven’t recharged within 30 days.
MY VODACOM APP
Get an airtime or data advance on-the-go
Make life easier by downloading the My Vodacom App, where you can check how much you qualify for, get an advance in seconds and track your advance balance.
Everything you need to know…
• When you’re out of airtime, you can get R20, R10 or R5 airtime or get data advances, when you need it most and only pay the next time you recharge your account.
• Dial *135# to see if you qualify for Vodacom Airtime Advance.
• A access fee of R1.00 will apply.
• The Airtime Advance value must be paid back within 30 days from the date of the request. If you don’t recharge and the full amount is not paid back within the 30 days, you will not be able to use this service and your credit limit will be decreased.
• However, if you’re a Top Up or uChoose customer and don't recharge before your next account invoice is generated, the amount you are owing will be added to your next bill and if you still do not make payment, your Airtime Advance service will be cancelled.
Dial *135# or check on www.vodacom.co.za to view your available and outstanding balances, or view your payments and outstanding amounts.
• If you qualify for Airtime Advance, dial *135# or *135*082# and then select ‘Airtime & Transfers’.
• Select from the R5, R10 or R20 Airtime Advance options as per your qualifying criteria.
• Reply ‘1’ to proceed.
• You will then see the confirmation message: “You have requested RXX Airtime Advance, which will include an additional R1 access fee [to be deducted from your next recharge].”
• If you qualify for Data Advance, dial *135# or *135*082# and then select ‘Airtime & Transfers’
• Select from the Data Advance options as per your qualifying criteria.
• Reply ‘1’ to proceed.
• You will then see the confirmation message: “You have requested RXX Data Advance, which will include an additional R1 access fee [to be deducted from your next recharge].”
Or on www.vodacom.co.za select “Airtime Advance” and follow the steps
If you make use of this service, your Airtime Advance account balance will be R11.00 (R10.00 airtime + R1.00 access fee).
Then when you recharge your account with a R12.00 voucher, R11.00 will be deducted from the voucher and R1.00 will be loaded as airtime.
You must have:
• Been active on our network for at least 3 months
• Recharged with a minimum total of at least R29 per month over 3 months
To see if you qualify for Vodacom Airtime Advance, simply dial *135#. You can also read Airtime Advance terms and conditions to find out if you qualify for the service.
Yes, airtime from Airtime Advance can be used like normal airtime to buy data bundles.
No, airtime from Airtime Advance is like normal airtime and does not expire.
The allocation of Airtime Advance does not trigger any recharge benefits/incentives. When you recharge to pay your outstanding Airtime Advances, this will trigger recharge benefits such as Night Shift, Talking Points, Extra Airtime, etc.
Your Airtime Advance total credit limit is dependent on how often and by how much you recharge; if you keep your recharges (amount and frequency) the same, your limit will remain the same, but if your recharges change, your total credit limit will increase or decrease based on your recharges.
Outstanding Airtime Advances are deducted from your next recharge(s) until the full outstanding amount is paid.
Airtime Advance comes with a R1.00 access fee that is added to your outstanding amount and deducted from your next recharge(s).
All recharges as well as incoming Airtime Transfers will be deducted to pay any outstanding Airtime Advances.
Yes, airtime from Airtime Advance can be used like normal airtime. It can be transferred as per the Airtime Transfer rules.
No, the data from Data Advance cannot be transferred to another customer.
Simply dial *111*082# or www.vodacom.co.za and follow the menu.
uChoose or Top Up customer? If the advance is not paid by the end of the calendar month, the outstanding amount will be added to your monthly bill for that calendar month.
• You need to qualify to use the service. Only Prepaid, uChoose and Top Up customers are eligible to use the service.
• Prepaid customers need to have been active on the network for at least 3 months, and must have recharged with a cumulative value of R29 per month for at least 3 consecutive months. An extended credit criteria is applied, so if you meet the activity and recharge criteria but still can’t use the service now, then keep recharging and check back in a month or two.
• uChoose / Top Up customer? You need to have paid your account up to one month prior before you can qualify to use the service. Accounts in arrears do not qualify for Airtime Advance.
Check if you qualify for Airtime Advance
Dial *135*082# or dial *135# and follow the menu to check if you qualify for Airtime Advance. NXT LVL customers dial *128# and follow the menu.
Read the Vodacom Payment Services (Pty) Ltd Privacy Notice here.