Rights related to automated decision-making
VPS and Old Mutual may process your personal information using automated means. An automated decision is a decision that is made solely by automatic means, where no humans are involved in the decision-making process related to your personal information. Automated processing on the Platform is conducted to ensure we provide our products and services in a responsible manner i.e. so as to ensure you are not overly indebted.
Right to correct personal information
If you become aware that any of the information we keep about you is incorrect or outdated, you can contact the VPS privacy team at [email protected]
Right to access personal information
You have the right to request a record or description of personal information that we hold about you. This includes the right to request VPS or Old Mutual to confirm, free of charge, whether or not it holds any personal information about you; as well as information about the categories of third parties who have, or have had, access to your personal information. To make this request please contact the VPS privacy team at [email protected]
Right to object to use of personal information
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to object to VPS / Old Mutual processing your personal information. In order for us to provide you with products and services, we are required to process your personal information which is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract and to give effect to your signing up to the Platform and as such the provision of your personal information is mandatory.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., receiving emails or SMS from us notifying you or being contacted with varying potential opportunities). If you no longer want to receive marketing messages from us, you can choose to opt out at any time.
Notwithstanding the fact that VPS will ensure you are provided with an opportunity to opt out of any future direct marketing communications at each instance you are provided with same, if you no longer want to receive marketing messages from VPS, you can choose to opt-out at any time.
There are various other ways to opt out:
- Navigate to the notification settings in the Vodapay application
- Contact VPS’ customer services team at 082 135 or [email protected].
- Click the link at the end of a marketing email, text or picture message to unsubscribe from that channel
- Change your communication preferences by dialling *135*181#
- Tell the customer care agent if you receive a marketing call
- Disable push notification messages, including marketing messages, at any time in our apps by changing the notification settings on your device or by uninstalling the app
- Contact our customer care team for guidance
If you’re opted out of marketing, you may still receive service-related messages.
Please note: You may still receive marketing messages for up to 7 (seven) days after opting out while we update our records.
How to lodge a complaint
If you want to contact us about any of your rights or should you believe that we have used your personal information contrary to applicable law, you undertake to first attempt to resolve any concerns with our Customer Services team at 082 135 or [email protected]. We will do our best to help but if you are still unhappy, you can contact the Privacy Office at [email protected]. If you are not satisfied with such process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at: The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
Email: [email protected]
Right to restrict use of your personal information
If you feel that the personal information we hold on you is inaccurate, or you believe we shouldn’t be processing your personal information, please contact our Customer Services team at 082 135 or [email protected]. In certain circumstances, for example where you contest the accuracy of your information, or where VPS / Old Mutual no longer requires your information for achieving its purpose but must maintain it for purposes of proof, you have the right to ask us to restrict processing.
Right to deletion
VPS and Old Mutual strives to only process and retain your personal information for as long as we need to. In certain circumstances, for example, where you indicate that your personal information is inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, out of date, incomplete, misleading, or obtained unlawfully, you have the right to request that we erase your personal information that we hold. If you feel that we are retaining your personal information longer than we need, it is worth first checking that your contract with us has been terminated, which you can do with Customer Services. If your contract with us has been terminated, we may still have lawful grounds to process your personal information.
How do we keep this privacy supplement up to date?
- We will update this privacy supplement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products and services.
- We will update this privacy supplement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products and services. If the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of privacy supplement changes). We will also keep prior versions of this privacy supplement in an archive for your review.
- We will not reduce your rights under this privacy supplement.