Terms and Conditions:
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom Kaizer Chiefs Jersey 2021/22 Competition
(the “Competition”) where Vodacom subscribers stand a chance of winning the new 21/22 Kaizer Chiefs Jersey and data.
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition will be hosted on Vodacom Soccer Twitter platform and is open to all Vodacom subscribers from 15h00, Monday, 2 August 2021 to 23h00 on Wednesday, 4 August 2021 (the “End Date”).
2. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
3. Five (5) lucky entrants stand a chance of winning the new 21/22 Kaizer Chiefs Jersey and 10GB of data. The prize is valued at one thousand and four hundred and seventy rand (R1,470).
4. To enter:
4.1. Qualifying entrants will have to answer the competition question on the Vodacom Soccer Twitter post.
5. Vodacom will randomly select the five (5) lucky winners to each win a 21/22 Kaizer Chiefs Jersey by means of an electronic randomiser at the End Date of the competition, from all eligible entries which meet the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The winners will be notified by 17h00 on Friday 06 August 2021.
5. Entrants are allowed one valid entry.
6. If selected as a winner, entrants must send the requested contact details within two (2) hours of being contacted by Vodacom via direct message on Twitter or private message on Facebook.
7. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Openfield) for the purpose of running the Competition only.
8. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
9. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst others Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
10. Participants must be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the end date.
11. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its web site and mobile site respectively on:
12. Any participant under the age of 18 shall present their parent / guardian’s written consent to enter the Competition at Vodacom’s request.
13. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition. Standard data costs apply as per the user’s existing tariff plan for data use.
14. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. A winner cannot and will not be considered for any Vodacom Soccer prize for 6 months.
16. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition shall be liable for any costs incurred by the winner for entering the Competition or in claiming the prize.
17. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s, or any other person’s or party’s associated with the Competition, obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate. The winners will be advised on arrangements in respect of collection when they are notified that they have won.
18. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed / undelivered after three (3) months of the End Date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winner to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Competition will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the next qualifying winner.
19. Vodacom will contact the winners during working hours (08h00 to 17h00) by phone on or after the Date of the Draw, using the cell phone number provided in response to the Direct Message on Twitter.
20. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically on the contact number provided as above. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the winners for a period of 2 (two) working days after their names have been drawn and verified as winners.
21. Should any participant not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated or reject, forfeit or decline acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next selected participant.
22. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
23. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
24. Each winner must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the prize.
25. The claim for the prize will be subject to security and validation checks failing which the winner will forfeit the prize and a new name will be drawn and if the winner cannot accept the prize for any reason whatsoever, another name will be drawn.
26. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
27. The Vodacom 21/22 Kaizer Chiefs Jersey winners’s names and location may be displayed on www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/competition-winners.
28. Vodacom shall request the winners’ consent in writing to their images and/or likenesses being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as the winners. The winners may decline the use of their images and/or likenesses by Vodacom.
29. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
30. Vodacom’s decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
31. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for the execution of the Competition only.
33. The prizes will be delivered by to each of the winners.
34. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of this Competition, Vodacom shall provide the winner’s personal information, such as name and surname, contact number and physical address to a Vodacom approved third party for distribution of the prize items and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
35. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate and win in this Competition.
36. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
37. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
38. Neither Vodacom nor any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the competition or from claiming the prize.
39. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
40. Vodacom may refuse to award any prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
41. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these terms and conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.