a. Pre-existing matters
No pre-existing matters will be covered.
b. Waiting periods
The following waiting periods apply to cover under the Litigation Benefit
c. Missed payments
Your monthly policy premiums must be paid up to date in order to qualify for
assistance. If you missed a payment, you will
have 31 days to make payment in order to avoid your policy from lapsing.
d. Court representation
Prospect of success will determine whether you will be represented in court.
e. Only cases occurring in South Africa are covered
Whatever the case you need cover for, it must have happened in South Africa. We will
only assist you if the case is being
handled by a South African Court.
f. Notice for policy changes
If, for whatever reason, we decide to change or cancel your policy, or to increase
your premium, we will give you 31 days’
We cannot cover you if the case is based on any of the following:
- A claim for non-pecuniary losses (e.g. pain & suffering).
- Unlawful arrest or malicious prosecution.
- A transaction, case or issue that is business related.
- A Constitutional Court matter.
- Civil commotion, labour disturbances, riots, public disorder, unlawful strikes,
and civil disobedience, war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities or
warlike operations, mutiny arising.
- Adoption or custody battles.
- Political activities in any government, local or tribunal authority that you’ve
- Any acts performed while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- A case or issue where you’re allowed to pay an admission of guilt fine.
- Any act of gross negligence.
h. Your obligations
- Don’t delay – when you become aware of a legal issue that you need help or cover
for, make sure you report it to LAW FOR ALL within 30 days!
- When you want to report a new case, use the contact details on your policy card
get in touch with us and make sure that you have your policy or ID number on
- It’s your responsibility to pay for and provide us with all the necessary
reports, statements and other evidence that we might need.
- If you are not honest with us, you can lose your cover entirely and you’ll have
foot the bill for all legal fees.
- If you don’t use the lawyer we appointed for you, you’ll have to pay all the
fees and we won’t be able to refund you for it.
- If you want to cancel your policy, we only ask that you give us 31 days’ notice
writing, of course).
i. How to make use of the policy benefits
082 178 00 or email your problem to
j. Terms and Conditions
Read the full T&Cs (These will also be emailed to you).