Vodacom Video Play Terms and Conditions and Licence Agreement
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS:
The application allows you, the customer, to discover and tag videos within the application that can be downloaded onto your mobile device during off peak hours (00:00 – 05:00) for offline viewing (“the Service”).
- To use or have access to the Service, you must be an active Vodacom subscriber and you must download the Vodacom Video Play application from your app store. Use of the Service is handset specific and requires free device memory. Click here to check if your device is compatible.
- You must purchase a Video Play Bundle (“the Bundle”) in order to use the Service.
- You may purchase the Bundle from within the Video Play application.
- The Bundle may only be used with the Vodacom Video Play application and cannot be used with any other application or service.
- All Bundles will expire 30 days from the date of purchase.
- If you cancel your Bundle after it has been billed for the 30 day period, you do not qualify for any refund.
- When using the Service you will not pay for the cost of the content nor the data, up to the Bundle limit.
- You may download as many videos as you like, within the Bundle limit. The purchased Bundles can only be used to download videos inside the Vodacom Video Play application.
- A video minute or video second refers to the viewing time of the video i.e. if the video is 1 minute and 2 seconds long, this is the time that will be deducted from the Bundle balance.
- As you tag videos for download, the length of the video is deducted, in seconds, from your Bundle. Should any tagged videos be cancelled before download, any video seconds deducted when the video was tagged shall be returned to your Bundle.
- You can check your Bundle usage and balance in the Video Play application.
- The Service may require occasional updates and may continue to change over time as we develop and add more features. We may ask you to accept updates and in order to continue receiving the most up-to-date functionality you will need to download these updates.
- If you experience any issues please contact Customer Care on 082111.
- This Service is for personal use only and not for commercial use. All the videos are owned by the respective copyright owners and by downloading them, you do not obtain any right to share the videos with other users peer-to-peer, broadcast or other means.
- Some of the content is subject to time-based rights and regulations imposed by the content owners and therefore will be subject to removal following expiry of the time-based rights and regulations. Any time-based rights and information relating to a particular content will be posted alongside the specific content.
- Vodacom shall use reasonable skill and due care in providing the Service, but does not guarantee that any content you may store or access through the Service will not be subject to unintentional damage, corruption, loss or destruction, or removal in accordance with the terms of this agreement. Vodacom does not accept responsibility or liability should any such incident occur. Vodacom may change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspect of the Service at any time, including the availability of any specific features or content.
- If a download fails, the video will be downloaded the following day and be made available to you, without impacting the duration of your Bundle.
- The Bundles are available to prepaid, postpaid, uChoose, topup customers.
- The Bundles cannot be used for roaming.
- Talking Points cannot be redeemed for Bundles.
- No Talking Points will be allocated to Bundle purchases.
- We will collect personal information your mobile number and preferred video categories (‘the personal information”) to be able to provide the Service.
- Additional personal information like your name, date of birth and gender may be collected with your permission to allow us to understand what content is appealing to you and should be made available you.
- We will store your personal information for as long as we are legally required to. If there is no legal requirement, we will only store the collected information for as long as we need it.
- You may stop using the Service/uninstall the application at any time. If you uninstall/delete the application from your device then all stored videos will be deleted along with the application.
- If you re-install the application your videos will be available in the archive section for re-downloading. If you choose to re-download your archived videos, you will require the purchase of a video minute bundle. The Bundle balance will be available for the re-downloads if the Bundle has not expired. The same applies if you change your phone (for example, after losing your existing phone).
- If you are no longer a Vodacom subscriber, or you change your SIM card temporarily, all videos stored on the handset will be erased and the Vodacom Video Play application will no longer be available.