Vodacom Twenty Years terms
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Vodacom 20 Years microsite, www.vodacom.co.za/20years
Vodacom is celebrating its 20th birthday and users are invited to upload their #wherewereyou story on www.vodacom.co.za/20years. They must share their stories of where they were 20 years ago when Vodacom Pty Ltd (“Vodacom”) has just started off as a mobile service provider.
By participating and submitting their stories, all users agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions:
1. Only content that is relevant to the #wherewereyou campaign on www.vodacom.co.za/20years will be published.
2. Vodacom reserves the right to not publish any material, which is determined in their sole discretion, to be offensive, undesirable or inappropriate.
3. Content that is considered to be derogatory, likely to provoke, attack or offend others, is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable in the view of Vodacom will not be published.
4. Vodacom further reserves the right to not publish any content that in their view contains profanity or other language likely to offend, breaks the law, condones or encourages unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
5. Users are not allowed to submit content that advertises products or services (for a profit) or that of a competitor or that can be seen as impersonating someone else.
6. Content that is posted repeatedly (“spam”) will not be published.
7. Content containing hyperlinks to other websites that break Vodacom editorial guidelines will not be published.
8. Users must submit their #wherewereyou stories in English.
9. Vodacom may refuse to publish any content if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any content for any reason and will not be obliged to notify users that there submissions are rejected.
10. All the information provided or related to this campaign shall be managed by a third party service provider for purpose of this campaign only.
11. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and/or submitting content to this site.
12. Standard data costs as per user’s Service Provider apply for data use.
13. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
14. Vodacom’s existing data tariffs for browsing on the Internet apply.
15. Engagement on this site must also be read in conjunction with Vodacom’s existing Terms and Conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: