Vodacom Talking Points T&Cs
Talking Points is a free loyalty programme for Vodacom Prepaid and Color registered Top Up customers. There is no charge to earn Talking Points; just recharge and begin earning points for every R10 recharge.
Contact us on 082 2411 082 free from your Vodacom cellphone. Open Monday to Sunday from 8am to 8pm.
Only South African Vodacom Prepaid and Color registered Top Up customers are eligible to participate in the Talking Points programme.
1. Earning points
Points will be earned on the following:
- Vodacom prepaid recharges
- Recharges made by Color registered Top Up customers
- Data bundle purchases
- SMS voucher purchases
These points will automatically be earned. Customers do not have to register to earn points
1 point will be earned for every R10 spent on a recharge. These points will be calculated by dividing the recharge amount by 10 whereafter the amount will be rounded to the nearest whole number. For example:
- A R10 or R12 recharge earns 1 point
- A R29 recharge earns 3 point
- A R55 recharge earns 6 point
- A R49 SMS voucher earns 5 point
Customers will be advised of the number of points earned for each recharge
No points will be earned:
- For airtime acquired as part of a Starter Pack, e.g. the R25 included in a 4U Starter Pack and the R29 included in a Power Starter Pack,
- On Prepaid Passport and Incomer voucher purchases,
- For airtime that customers receive as part of the Vodacom Millionaires Game Show,
- For airtime acquired via the Airtime Transfer Service,
- For airtime bought for the purpose of reselling by resellers of airtime, however the purchasing customer will receive points on the recharge and
- For airtime received from promotions such as registering for RICA or recharge campaigns, etc.
Points will accumulate for a period of 18 months. Points that are older than 18 months that have not been exchanged for rewards will be forfeited and no compensation will be given by Vodacom.
Customers who change from one prepaid price plan to another e.g. from Vodago to 4U will retain their points; however, customers who convert to a contract tariff package e.g. Talk 100 or Family Top Up will forfeit all accumulated points. No compensation will be given by Vodacom.
Points will be earned on the cellphone number loaded with the recharge airtime.
Talking Points are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Vodacom reserves the right to change the products and services on which points can be earned as well as the value of points earned on each.
2. Exchanging Points for Rewards
Points can be exchanged when the customer's Talking Points balance reaches any one of the following levels:
- 5 points
- 50 points
- 100 points
- 150 points
- 250 points
- 500 points
- 1000 points
- 1500 points
- 2000 points
- 3000 points
Customers are required to register for Talking Points before they can exchange the points they have earned for a device. The following information is required:
- Cellphone Number
- Identity Document or Passport
- Postal or physical address
- Original PIN & PUK numbers or last 5 dialed numbers
If a customer, who exchanges points for an SMS bundle, already has an SMS bundle loaded on his prepaid account, the new bundle of SMSs will be added to the existing bundle and the validity period extended by 90 days.
If a customer who exchanges points for a Data bundle, already has a Data bundle loaded on his prepaid account, the new Data bundle will be added to the existing Data bundle balance but the validity period for the old Data bundle will not be extended e.g. if you redeem a 100MB Data bundle on 10 November, it will be valid until 31 December. If you redeem 250MB Data bundle on 15 December, it will expire on 31 January.
An airtime discount may not be redeemed where an active airtime discount, Big Bonus voucher or Vodacom4less tariff exists.
Vodacom shall be entitled, in their entire discretion, to reject any exchange request.
Vodacom may refuse to award any of the rewards if any irregularities or fraudulent activities are detected.
Vodacom reserves the right to change the number of points required for exchange of products or services.
Vodacom will not be liable for taxes or any other cost incurred by the participants in claiming any reward.
SMS Bundle Rewards
- SMSs can be used for National SMSs only
- Premium rated and International SMSs excluded
- Free SMSs can be used over a 90-day period
- You will receive a reminder within 14 days prior to the expiry of the SMS bundle.
If you already have a Talking Points free SMS bundle on your prepaid account and you exchange points for another Talking Points free SMS bundle, the new bundle of SMSs will be added to the existing bundle.
MMS Bundle Rewards
- MMSs can be used for National MMSs only
- Premium rated and International MMSs are excluded
- Free MMSs can be used over a 90-day period.
- You will receive a reminder within 14 days prior to the expiry of the MMS bundle. If you already have a Talking Points free MMS bundle on your prepaid account and you exchange points for another Talking Points free MMS bundle, the new bundle of MMSs will be added to the existing bundle, and the expiry date will be extended to 90 days from the activation of the last bundle.
Data Bundle Rewards
- Free data bundles are valid until the last calendar day of the next month, e.g. if you redeem a 100MB data bundle on 10 November it will be valid until 31 December. Any unused data not used by 31 December will expire.
- You will receive a reminder within 14 days prior to the expiry of the free data bundle. If you already have a Talking Points free data bundle on your prepaid account and you exchange points for another Talking Points free data bundle, the new data bundle will be added to the existing bundle. The validity period for the data bundle is not extended e.g. if you redeem a 100MB data bundle on 10 November, it will be valid until 31 December. If you redeem 250MB data bundle on 15 December, it will expire on 31 January.
Call Discount Rewards
- Call discounts are only valid for Vodacom-to-Vodacom calls
- When making use of Free Change to move between Prepaid price plans, the discount will remain in place.
- If you already have an airtime discount loaded on your prepaid account you will not be permitted to exchange points for additional airtime discount until the airtime discount period of 90 days has expired.
- For a Talking Points price list of devices that can be exchanged for points visit a participating Vodacom outlet or call 082 2411 082
All customers who participate in this programme agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Cellphone numbers used in Vodacom community service phones are excluded from the Talking Points programme.
Vodacom customers making use of one of the Top Up tariff packages e.g. Family Top Up, Business Top etc are not permitted to participate in the Talking Points Programme. Only Top Up customers who are registered for Color will be eligible to participate.
Color registered customers on Top Up do not qualify to redeem their points for entries into the Vodacom Millionaires weekly game show.
The decision of Vodacom in regard to all aspects of the programme is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Vodacom will assume no liability for any direct or indirect damage occurring as a result of participation in the programme or a result of the use of any of the rewards.
Vodacom shall have the right to terminate the programme without prior notice and without cost or liability of whatsoever nature. In such event the participants will waive all rights they may have had and acknowledge that they will have no right of recourse to Vodacom.