Vodacom 4 Less T&Cs
Terms and Conditions
To avoid any misunderstandings, please take a moment to read these important terms and conditions
By subscribing to the Service ("the Service"), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
The Service is available to Vodacom Prepaid and Top Up customers only.
Only Vodacom Prepaid customers who have opted-in to use the service can benefit from the discounts.
Only Vodacom Top Up customers who have migrated to the service can benefit from the discounts.
The discount is applicable to voice calls and 3G video calls only (excluding premium rated calls, international calls, calls made while roaming on an international network and data calls).
Discounts on the Service apply to on-net and off-net voice and video calls regardless of the time of day.
All data services are excluded from discounts (SMS, MMS, USSD).
Vodacom Prepaid customers can opt in to the Service via FreeChange, by calling 1181 or by dialling *111# from their Vodacom cellphone.
Activation of this Service will take effect immediately once you have opted in via FreeChange.
Vodacom Top Up customers can activate the service by contacting their Service Provider.
The Service is subject to per second billing.
Fax printout, message forwarding, through connect and reconnect functionalities don’t qualify for the discounts offered on the Service.
Customers will not lose any unused airtime, accumulated loyalty points and SMS bundles when migrating to the Service from another Prepaid price plan.
When on the Vodacom 4 Less price plan, customers will continue to earn Talking Points when recharging with airtime vouchers. However, they will not be able to redeem Talking Points for airtime bundles or call discounts. Talking Points can only be redeemed for cellphones and SMS Bundles.
NOTE: When opting in via FreeChange to the Service, all accumulated on-net airtime discounts redeemed with Talking points will be lost.
Customers can recharge with all recharge vouchers excluding the Big Bonus voucher and the Passport voucher and will continue accumulating Talking points for these recharges.
Happy Hour does not apply to the Service.
The discount applied to voice and 3G video calls will be dealt with as follows:
- Same discount period, same area - If a call is connected and terminated in the same discount period in the same area, the discount assigned to that area during that period will apply.
- Same discount period, multiple area - If a call is connected and terminated during the same discount period but a customer moves between two or more areas during the call, the discount that is assigned to the area in which the call originated shall apply to the entire voice/video call.
- Multiple discount periods, same area - If a call is connected and terminated in the same area but it call spans over two or more discount periods, the discount that applied to the period in which the voice call originated shall apply to the entire voice/video call.
- Multiple discount periods, multiple area - If a call is connected in one discount period but terminates in a different discount period and different area, the discount that was assigned to the area in the period when the call originated shall apply to the entire voice/video call.
The discounts are determined by Vodacom and will apply to all relevant customers (3G and 2G) on the Vodacom 4 Less price plan.
In order to view the discounts on the cellphone screen, customers have to activate Cell Broadcast / Cell Info display on their cellphones. NOTE: The % discount will replace the area info, so customers will not be able to view their area info.
If a customer is on the Vodacom 3G network, they will not receive the Cell Broadcast due to 3G network configuration restrictions
Customers can dial *111*444# to find out what the current call discount is for the particular area they are in at that time.
- Vodacom will use its best efforts to secure the uninterrupted supply of the Service, and will take all reasonable steps to correct any error, omission or mistake in the Service.
- Vodacom will under no circumstance be liable to you for any error, delay, failure or non-availability of the Service, and are indemnified against any damage or loss you may sustain as a result of the aforesaid.
- Vodacom reserves the right to modify or discontinue either temporarily or permanently, the Services with or without notice to you. You agree that Vodacom shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Service.
- Vodacom has the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time with the method of notice determined by Vodacom.