Tries for Teachers Initiative
1. Subscribers on all South African mobile network providers can SMS to donate money towards the The Tries for Teachers Initiative starting at 19h00 on 13 February 2015 and runs until 23h59 on 4 July 2015.
2. To donate towards the Tries for Teachers Initiative, SMS the key word, Tries, to the short code: 46203. A confirmation SMS at no cost to the participant will be sent to confirm receipt of a donation.
3. When making a donation, you undertake that you have the express consent of the account holder from which account the donation is made.
4. By making a donation, you understand and agree that the amount will be deducted from your Pre Paid credit or added to your Post Paid account and transferred by Vodacom Business to be used to fund the Tries for Teachers Initiative. Neither Vodacom, nor any of their respective agents will deduct or retain any portion of the donation towards the Tries for Teachers Initiative, nor receive any commission, interest, rebate or other profit on any donation received from a Vodacom subscriber. Normal deductions apply for contributors from other mobile network providers.
5. There are not additional charges for donating towards the Tries for Teachers Initiative except the thirty rand (R30.00) when an SMS is sent to contribute towards the Tries for Teachers Initiative. The amount that is donated will be received by the Tries for Teachers Initiative in its entirety (subject to clause 4 above).
6. Contributors may send as many SMS’s as they like to donate towards the Tries for Teachers Initiative.
7. Donations are not refundable.
8. No announcement or recognition can be given to individual donations and no certificates recording such donations, i.e. for income tax deduction purposes, can be given.
9. Vodacom will keep record of all contributions and appoint auditors to audit the process of contributing towards the Tries for Teachers Initiative.
10. These Terms and Conditions are governed by South African Law.
12. Vodacom will store customer information for as long as it is legally required to. If there is no legal requirement, Vodacom will only store the collected information for as long as it is needed.
13. The duration of the Tries for Teachers Initiative may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
14. Neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected contributions, including contributions that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
15. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Tries for Teachers Initiative or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Tries for Teachers Initiative with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
16. All information relating to the Tries for Teachers Initiatives and published on any promotional material will form part of these Terms and Conditions.