Vodacom “Video Play – R5 a Day” Competition
Terms And Conditions
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) is running the Vodacom “Video Play – R5 a Day” Competition (the “Competition”) where one (1) customer stands a chance of winning a cash prize of R300 000 (VAT inclusive).
All participants during the term of the Competition agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to all Vodacom customers 18 years or older who are subscribers to the Video Play – R5 a Day Subscription offer during the term of the Competition. The Competition runs from 00h01 on the 16th of March 2018 (the “Start Date”) to 23h59 on the 14th of June 2018 (the “End Date”).
2. The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
3. One (1) lucky entrant stands a chance of winning a cash prize of R300 000 (VAT inclusive) (the “Prize”). There will be only one winner of the full amount.
4. Only entries received during the Competition period as stipulated in clause 1 above will qualify as potential winners.
5. In order to be eligible for the Prize in the Competition, an eligible entrant needs to collect at least 100 points during the Competition period as set out in clause 1 above (through successful charging) of the Video Play R5 a Day service: refer http://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/vodacom-video-play-terms-and-conditions-and-license-agreement.
6. The Competition is only open to natural persons. Entries received from business accounts held by legal persons (amongst other Corporates and SMEs, etc.) are excluded from participating and winning in the Competition.
7. To be eligible to enter, entrants must be 18 years old or older.
8. Only entrants who are using SIM cards that have been RICA registered are eligible to win the Competition. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
9. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Competition are not eligible to participate in this Competition.
10. Participants must reside in South Africa and be in possession of a valid South African identity document or permanent residence permit or temporary residence permit valid for a period exceeding 3 (three) months for the Republic of South Africa and valid at the End Date.
11. In the event that the user of the mobile phone (i.e. the participant in the Competition) is not the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges, then the prize will be awarded to the person that is responsible for payment of the participating mobile phone account/ charges.
12. In order to stand a chance of winning in the Competition, qualifying participants are required to:
12.1. Join the Video Play – R5 a Day subscription scheme during the term of the Competition;
12.2. Collect at least 100 points during the term of the Competition; and
12.3. Be successfully charged at least once during the term of the Competition.
13. Participants are allowed to enter multiple times. However, their chances of winning will remain subject to the points mechanics rules applying during the Competition period.
14. There are no additional charges for participating in the Competition apart from the costs to join the Video Play – R5 a Day subscription scheme itself, as explained in clauses 5 and 12 above. Standard data costs may apply as per the user’s Service Provider and existing price plan for data usage of the Video Play – R5 a Day service itself.
15. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Competition or in claiming any prizes, where applicable.
16. Data transfer speeds are not guaranteed and are dependent on network availability and utilisation.
17. The winner will be selected via a random draw mechanism, on or after the End Date from all eligible entries who meet all the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions. The verified winner will be notified within seven (7) days after he / she has been selected and verified as a winner.
18. Each eligible Participant will be allotted a number of entries equal to the number of points he has accumulated by the end of the Prize Period. The below table summarizes the points (draw chances) scheme that applies for each participant of the Competition:
Registration to the Service Free Trial
Each successful billing attempt on R5 a Day service
18.1. For a sake of clarity, each participant can earn a maximum of 100 points per day as per the Service daily subscription fee.
19. All the information provided or related to this Competition shall be managed, captured and approved by Vodacom.
20. Vodacom will share personal details of the winner, such as name and contact number with the Organizer (refer clauses 35 and 36 below), a Vodacom approved third party agency, who will notify the winner that he / she has won in the Competition, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
21. Vodacom and the Organizer will use reasonable efforts to contact the winners telephonically on the contact details provided by the participants to the Competition.
22. The Organizer shall attempt to contact the winner for a period of 7 (seven) normal working week days after his / her name has been drawn and verified as the winner. The winner will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon. The winner will be advised of arrangements in respect of prizes at the time of contacting the selected winner.
23. Should a participant not be available on the contact details provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the prize, that person's right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize to the next randomly drawn participant.
24. The claim for any prize will be subject to security and validation, and Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by a particular winner is valid. The selected winners must be able to identify themselves, in a manner determined by Vodacom, as the qualifying entrants to the Competition and have to comply with the required validation procedure, determined by Vodacom, in order to claim any prizes, failing which such winner will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying entrant.
25. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest in the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from a particular winner has not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winner, or no effort is made on the part of any of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, such prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
26. The winners’ name and location will be displayed on (http://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/terms/promotions/vodacom-video-play) after a period of 2 (two) working days subsequent to notification of the winners.
27. Vodacom shall request the winner’s consent in writing to his / her image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Competition for a period of 12 (twelve) months after he / she has been announced as the winner. The winner may decline the use of his / her image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
28. The Prize will be handed over to the winner in either one of these forms, at the sole discretion of the Organizer:
28.1. A bank cheque to the order of the winner, to be collected physically at the Organizer’s office with valid proof of identification; or
28.2. A bank cheque to the order of the winner, sent by the Organizer to the winner’s physical addresses only. No prizes will be delivered to a postal address; or
28.3. A bank wire transfer to the order of the winner, on the bank account at the name of the winner with details to be provided.
29. In order to effect arrangements required for the prize fulfilment in terms of clause 28.2 above, the Organizer will share personal details of the respective winner, such as name and surname, contact number and physical address, with a Vodacom approved third agency, (Ram Hand-to-Hand Couriers), for distribution of the prize items, and you hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
30. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
31. If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
32. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate.
33. User data collected via the Competition will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Competition.
Third Party Involvement
35. The Vodacom “Video Play – R5 a Day” Competition is organized in partnership with Upstream Systems ( the “Organizer”).
36. The Organizer’s offices are located : Upstream Systems, Long Point Office Park, 2nd Floor, Bradfield Drive, Corner Witkoppen Road & Montecasino Boulevard, 2021 Fourways, Sandton.
37. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
38. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Competition including the allocation of the prizes will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
39. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Competition and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
40. Vodacom may refuse to award a prize if entry procedures or these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify participants that they are rejected.
41. Vodacom and/or any other person or party associated with the Competition, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in the Competition, shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from either participation in the Competition or from claiming the prize.
42. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / or prize redemption process of the Competition. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems affecting participating in and/or the prize redemption process of the Competition.
43. Vodacom, its directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties, guarantees or undertakings given by any person other than Vodacom itself.
44. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Competition or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Competition being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
45. All information relating to the Competition which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
46. The Competition is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively: http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/main/termsandconditions/websitetermsandconditions.