3G and 4G device retail Smartphone Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. The Vodacom 3G and 4G smartphone retail campaign (the “Promotion”) will run from 01 April 2018 until 30 September 2018 (both days
inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
2. New and existing Vodacom prepaid customers (excluding Community Service and SIGI customers) can participate in the promotion.
a. Post-paid, Hybrid/Top-Up, both new and existing, as well as existing prepaid customers are excluded from this promotion.
3. A qualifying customer purchasing a new, qualifying 3G smartphone from a Vodacom Franchise or National Chain store on prepaid will get
100MB every month for 6 months provided that they meet a total monthly recharge value of R12,00.
i. Customers has to recharge with R12,00 every 30 days to receive their data allocation.
(the “Recharge Criteria”)
4. A qualifying customer purchasing a new, qualifying 4G smartphone from a Vodacom Franchise or National Chain store on prepaid will get
200MB every month for 6 months provided that they meet a monthly recharge criteria of R29,00
i. Customers has to recharge with the R29,00 every 30 days to receive their data allocation.
(the “Recharge Criteria”)
5. A qualifying smartphone is defined as a mobile phone that performs many of the functions of a computer, typically having a touchscreen
interface, Internet access, and an operating system capable of running downloaded applications. In addition a Smartphone is as per GSM
6. 100MB (100 megabytes) for 3G enabled smartphones and 200MB (200 megabytes) for 4G enabled smartphones will only be activated if the
new Vodacom Prepaid SIM card is inserted into the qualifying smartphone purchased at participating Vodacom Franchise or participating
7. The data allocations have a 7 day validity period monthly.
8. Data rewards are available for use within a specified validity period of 7 (seven) days from date of activation.
9. Allocation may take up to 72 (seventy two) hours from activation
10. Data may not be transferred.
11. Data allocated does not apply to data roaming.
12. Data allocated will not carry with it a separate out-of-bundle rate and the standard out-of-bundle rate specific to the customer’s prepaid price
plan will apply for any out-of-bundle usage of R2,00 per minute.
13. The Promotion is only valid in selected Vodacom Franchise stores and National Chains during the Promotion Period.
14. The duration of the Promotion may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
15. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Promotion and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and
binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Neither Vodacom or any other person or party associated with the Promotion, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors
and any of its personnel involved in the competition, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not
limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from participation in the Promotion.
17. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Promotion or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any
reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Promotion being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all
participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or
18. All information relating to the Promotion which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the
event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
19. These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the Vodacom standard T&Cs.