TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Vodacom (Pty) Ltd (“Vodacom”) in partnership with SA Legends Mark Fish and Lucas Radebe (“the SA Legends”) will run the the Vodacom NXT LVL Soccer Programme (“the Programme”), to find talented boys and girls between the ages of 14 and 16 years with promising soccer skills. A hundred (100) participants stand the chance to be trained by the SA Legends; and from these participants, thirty-two (32) participants will stand a chance to be elected to play in an exhibition match, where the individual members of the winning team will qualify for a bursary to the Tuks Sports High School.
All participants are entered by their parents and / or legal guardians, and during the term of the Programme such parents and / or legal guardians agree on behalf of the participants to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. The Programme runs from 26 May 2016 to 03 October 2016, and runs over four (4) phases as per the schedule below:
I. Phase 1 - Register, record and upload from 26 May 2016 to 30 July 2016:
2. Participants are only allowed to take part in the programme if they –
i. are boys and / or girls between the ages of fourteen (14) years and sixteen (16) years old, at the time of the commencement of the Programme;
ii. have a 50% average for either English, Afrikaans or Zulu; and
a. based on a report from a school registered with the department of education in the province in South Africa in which the school operates; and
b. the report must contain the relevant school’s stamp and the principle’s signature.
iii. Are in possession of a valid South African passport, birth certificate, ID document or valid permanent residence permit. Proof of age will be required before any participant will be allowed to qualify to proceed to the next phase.
3. Participants who have professional affiliations to football clubs, or who have a football agent, are not eligible to enter the Programme.
4. To enter:
i. Registration can be completed by the parent and / or legal guardian of the qualifying participant, by visiting www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za to access the online registration form;
ii. The registration form must be completed in full, -
a. by providing all details required for the participant as well as for the parent or legal guardian;
b. ticking all the required checkboxes; and
c. accepting the terms and conditions for the Programme.
iii. Where a parent or legal guardian of a qualifying participants is a Vodacom customer, and such parent and / or legal guardian is responsible for the payment of the mobile phone account charges, participants can register via USSD to qualify to attend one of the nine (9) national activation events, from 28 May 2016 to 11 June 2016:
a. The list of the venues for the national activations is available on www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za.
b. The first three hundred and fifty (350) qualifying participants that pre-register for each of the nine (9) national activation events via USSD, will stand a chance to attend the national activation event of his / her choice.
c. Qualifying participants can attend the national activation venue of his / her choice. However, any costs incurred in attending the national activation is for the account of the participant and / or the parent or legal guardian of such participant; and a qualifying participant may only pre-register for one (1) national activation event.
d. At the national activation events, qualifying participants will be taken through the four (4) four player drills (Goalkeeper; Midfielder; Defender; and Striker), and be assisted with the making of the video for the player drill of the qualifying participant’s choice. Only one video per qualifying participant may be uploaded.
e. Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any costs, loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, arising from attendance at the activation.
iv. Qualifying participants, whether attendees of the national activation events or not, have to upload a video clip to showcase the soccer skills of a qualifying participant in only one of the (4) four player drills (Goalkeeper; Midfielder; Defender; or Striker), on www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za, from 09h00 on 27 May 2016 to 23h59 on 31 July 2016. No other form of soccer skills will be considered as a viable entry to enable a participant to qualify for entry into the Programme.
v. Instructional and staged content/examples videos are available on www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za, to assist qualifying participants.
vi. Video clips are restricted to a maximum length of 60 seconds and limited to 500MB in size in one of the following formats: *.mp4, or *.mov.
vii. Qualifying participants are allowed to upload only one video clip, and video clips may not be substituted once uploaded. A parent or legal guardian, however, may assist more than one qualifying participant to register and / or to upload a video clip.
viii. Data charges as per the user’s network provider and existing price plan.
ix. In the event that a qualifying participant used a mobile data device in order to upload the required video clip, such entrant is required to use a SIM card that has been RICA registered. Each owner of a SIM card(s) is responsible to comply with South African law by RICA registering their SIM cards.
x. Vodacom reserves the right at its sole discretion to disregard and disqualify a video clip, which it believes is offensive, inappropriate, discriminatory or disrespectful.
xi. By submitting a video clip of a participant, the parents or legal guardian as well as the qualifying participant understand and agree that the image or likeness of the qualifying participant will be accessible to the general public on www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za, and also on [Facebook, Twitter].
xii. Vodacom cannot be held liable for the quality or success of entry being uploaded. It is the responsibility of the qualifying participant and his / her parent or legal guardian to ensure that a video clip was successfully uploaded and that the registration form was completed in full.
xiii. Qualifying participants agree that the uploaded videos become the exclusive property, including all intellectual property rights, of Vodacom, and that Vodacom may use such videos, without compensation, for promotional activities relating to, or resulting from, the Programme.
II. Phase 2: Voting from 27 May 2016 to 31 July 2016:
5. During phase 2, members of the public have the opportunity vote for the best participants in terms of their skills as seen in the uploaded videos, using the following Log in’s on www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za:
6. A member of the public, including a qualifying participant, may only vote once for a particular qualifying participant on each of the aforementioned Log in’s (i.e. three (3) votes in total, provided the three (3) different Log in’s are used). A member of the public, including a qualifying participant, may vote for as many qualifying participants as he / she wishes to.
7. The public voting will determine the top thirty (30) strikers; the top fifty (50) midfielders; the top forty (40) defenders; and the top fifteen (15) goal keepers.
8. Thereafter, the SA Legends, in consultation with a panel of four (4) other football legends, will determine the Top 100 qualifying participants as follows:
i. Strikers – from the top thirty (30) strikers as voted for by the public, the SA Legends shall select the top twenty (20) strikers, based on the skills levels seen from the uploaded videos clips;
ii. Midfielders – from the top fifty (50) midfielders as voted for by the public, the SA Legends shall select the top forty (40) midfielders, based on the skills levels seen from the uploaded videos clips;
iii. Defenders – from the top forty (40) defenders as voted for by the public, the SA Legends shall select the top thirty (30) defenders, based on the skills levels seen from the uploaded videos clips;
iv. Goal keepers – from the top fifteen (15) goal keepers as voted for by the public, the SA Legends shall select the top ten (10) goal keepers, based on the skills levels seen from the uploaded videos clips .
9. The Top 100 finalists, once verified, will be notified within 30 working days after them being selected and verified as finalists.
10. Vodacom will use reasonable efforts to contact parents and / or legal guardians of the boot camp finalists telephonically on the contact details provided when the participants were entered in the Programme, as set out in clause 4.i.a above.
11. The parents and / or legal guardians of the boot camp finalists will be contacted during normal working hours, between 8 (eight) in the morning and 5 (five) in the afternoon.
12. Vodacom shall attempt to contact the parents and / or legal guardians of the boot camp finalists for a period of 2 (two) normal working week days after their names have been selected and verified as boot camp finalists.
13. Should the parents and / or legal guardians of a boot camp finalists not be available on the contact number provided during the timeframe stipulated above or rejects, forfeits or declines acceptance of the boot camp prize, as set out in Phase 3 below, that person's right to the boot camp prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom reserves the right to then award the prize as a boot camp finalist to the next qualifying participant, at the sole discretion of the SA Legends.
14. Each boot camp finalist must be able to identify themselves in a manner determined by Vodacom as the entrant of the Programme and must comply with the required validation procedure (determined by Vodacom) in order to claim the boot camp prize.
15. If a participant is selected as one of the Top 100 participants to attend the boot camp, such selection will be subject to security and validation checks and the boot camp finalists will be required to produce –
i. a certified copy of the valid South African passport, birth certificate, ID document or valid permanent residence permit;
ii. proof of academic results, including but not limited to English, Afrikaans, or Zulu;
a. based on a report from a school registered with the department of education in the province in South Africa in which the school operates; and
b. the report must contain the relevant school’s stamp and the principle’s signature.
iii. indemnity form for attending the boot camp signed by parents or legal guardian;
iv. insurance for attendance at the boot camp signed by parents or legal.
failing which the boot camp finalist will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying participant, at the sole discretion of the SA Legends.
16. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the boot camp finalist is valid.
17. In addition, a participant selected as one of the Top 100 participants to attend the boot camp also agrees to undergo a medical examination by a medical doctor appointed by Vodacom, to ensure that the participants selected are in good health and fit for the training and assessment on boot camp. Failure to comply with this requirement, or in the event that a selected participant fails the medical examination, such boot camp finalist will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the next selected qualifying participant, at the sole discretion of the SA Legends.
18. The names and locations of the boot camp finalists will be displayed on www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za by 25 September 2016, after the Top 100 boot camp finalists have been settled.
19. Vodacom will take out insurance for reasonable loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, arising from a participant’s attendance at the boot camp.
III. Phase 3: Boot camp from 26 September 2016 to 03 October 2016:
20. The boot camp will take place over a period of seven (7) days from 26 September 2016 to 03 October 2016, at High Performance Centre at the University of Pretoria in Pretoria (Gauteng).
21. The boot camp finalists’ travel arrangements to the boot camp venue, accommodation at the boot camp, and reasonable meals and refreshments during their stay at the boot camp will be catered for. This prize is to the value of R15000 per boot camp finalist. Ancillary costs are for the account of the respective boot camp finalists.
22. If required, it is the onus of the parent / legal guardian to obtain permission for the boot camp finalist’s absence from his / her current school during the period of the boot camp.
23. Each boot camp finalist agrees to adhere to the rules and conditions for attending the boot camp, as set out on www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za . Should a boot camp finalist not adhere to these rules and conditions, in the sole discretion of the management of Tuks Sports High School and / or the SA Legends, Vodacom reserves the right to expel the relevant boot camp finalist from the Programme.
24. Should any performance enhancing and or other prohibited substances be detected, Vodacom reserves the right to expel the relevant boot camp finalist from the Programme.
25. During the boot camp, the boot camp finalists will be tested on their technical and tactical football skills; fitness levels; and physical and mental strength. Boot camp finalists consent to tests.
26. At the completion of the boot camp, a group of thirty two (32) players will be selected by the SA Legends to to play in an exhibition match on 02 October 2016 at TUKS Stadium at University of Pretoria. The selected players will be notified at the boot camp. The names of the thirty two (32) players selected for the exhibition match will be made available on www.vodacomnxtlvl.co.za by 2 October 2016.
27. Should any of the thirty two (32) selected players not be in good health and fit for the exhibition match, at the sole discretion of a medical doctor appointed by Vodacom, such selected player will be substituted by another applicable player, as the sole discretion of the SA Legends.
IV. Phase 4: Exhibition Match on 02 October 2016 at TUKS Stadium at University of Pretoria:
28. The winning team of sixteen (16) members will qualify for a bursary to the TuksSports High School, valued at R150 000 per member per annum, for the duration of the high school tuition of each member, commencing in January 2017. This annual bursary is inclusive of meals, tuitions fees, accommodation (during school terms), two (2) flights if the parents / legal guardians reside outside Gauteng, and uniforms.
i. Attendance at the TuksSports High School is subject to the school’s rules and regulation, available on www.up.ac.za/en/inca/article/253710/rules-and-regulations. Non-compliance with these rules and regulations may result in the respective winning team member being expelled from the TuksSports High School.
ii. Moreover, should a winning team member fail a particular academic year two (2) consecutive years in a row, such failure will result in the respective winning team member being expelled from the TuksSports High School.
iii. Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever resulting from the expulsion of a winning team member, and for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from such expulsion. An expelled winning team member will also not be entitled to claim for the remaining years of the high school tuition that such member forfeit as a result of such expulsion.
iv. Other than for payment of the annual bursary for each of the winning team members, as set out in clause 28 above, Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for additional costs, loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, arising from a winning team member’s attendance at the TuksSports High School.
v. Vodacom may request the winning team members’ consent, and that of their parents / legal guardians, in writing interview them during their attendance at the TuksSport High School, and for their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Programme for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have completed their studies at the TuksSport High School. The winning team members may decline such request.
29. The sixteen (16) losing players each qualify for a R50 000 (fifty thousand Rand) once off educational bursary, administered by Careerwise which bursary may be used towards school fees; uniforms; texts books and study material; accommodation if at boarding school; and school approved field trips. The educational bursary expires when the qualifying participant turns nineteen (19).
30. In the event of a draw of the exhibition match after normal time, extra time then penalties will prevail.
31. No prize is transferable or exchangeable and may not be redeemed for cash.
32. All risks and ownership of the prizes shall pass to the winners on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of Vodacom’s obligations in regard to the Programme as well as in regard to the prizes shall terminate. Winners will be advised on travel arrangements, where applicable, when they are notified that they have won.
33. Notwithstanding the fact that the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, in the event that the required documentation from the respective winners have not been received at the agreed cut-off date communicated to the winners, or no effort is made on the part of the winners to make special arrangements to meet the deadline set by Vodacom, the prize will be forfeited. Vodacom then reserves the right to award the prize to the finalist that is next in line.
34. If the winner cannot accept the prize or for any reason whatsoever, the prize will be awarded to the next selected entrant.
35. If a winner misses his / her flight, the person is responsible for all costs should they remedy this. Vodacom is not liable for any perceived loss of value on the prize and are not required to reimburse the winner in any way.
36. All the information provided or related to this Programme shall be captured by a Vodacom approved third party service provider (Cerebra) for the purpose of running the Programme only.
37. Should a selected participant fail to arrive at the boot camp, despite prior arrangements and confirmation to attend, he / she will not be allowed to take part at another time or venue and will forfeit the opportunity to attend boot camp.
38. To enter, participants must successfully register and present all the required documentation.
39. Only registered participants / entries received during the Programme period will qualify as potential winners.
40. The selected finalists must be able to identify themselves (in a manner determined by Vodacom) as the qualifying entrants to the Programme and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prizes.
41. The Programme is also subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, Vodacom’s existing terms and conditions applicable to its website and mobile site respectively:
42. Vodacom will share personal details of the boot camp finalists, such as name, surname, email, ID number and contact number, residential address, with a Vodacom approved agencies (Openfield Marketing Johannesburg) in order to make the necessary arrangements for awarding the respective prizes awarded in the Programme, and winners and their parents / legal guardians hereby agree to such disclosure as is necessary to effect prize fulfilment.
43. There are no additional charges for participating in the Programme, but data charges as per the user’s mobile network provider and existing tariff plan apply for data usage.
44. Notwithstanding the fact the prizes vest on the winners immediately upon the determination of the results, any prize that remains unclaimed after the confirmed date or no reasonable effort is made on the part of the winners to claim the prize despite having been advised of the results of the Programme will be forfeited.
45. Vodacom reserves the right to withhold any prize until it is satisfied that the claim by the winner is valid.
46. Vodacom shall request the boot camp finalists’ and winning team members’ consent, and that of their parents / legal guardians, in writing to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in connection with the Programme for a period of 12 (twelve) months after they have been announced as boot camp finalists and / or winning team members. The boot camp finalists and winning team members may decline the use of their image and/or likeness by Vodacom.
47. The judges’ decision on any aspect of the Programme including the allocation of the prize will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
48. The selection of winners, and the allocation of prizes, during the duration of the Programme will be validated by a registered and independent firm of auditors, Deloitte Southern Africa.
49. In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the Programme and/or the Terms and Conditions, Vodacom’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
50. User data collected via the Programme will not be used for any other purpose than for the Programme only.
52. Vodacom approved agencies and / or entities will have access to the collected information limited to their respective mandates as set out in these terms and conditions:
I. High Performance Centre at the University of Pretoria in Pretoria (Gauteng), for running and overseeing the boot camps, as set out in clause 20 above;
II. Cerebra and Gloo, for capturing the information provided or related to this Programme, as set oun in clause 36 above;
III. Openfield Marketing Johannesburg, for making the necessary arrangements for awarding the respective prizes awarded in the Programme, as set out in clause 42 above;.
53. Employees, directors and agents of Vodacom and all participating stores, their immediate families, life partners, business partners and associates and any person directly involved with the sponsoring, devising, production, management or marketing of this Programme are not eligible to participate in this Programme.
54. The duration of the Programme may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of Vodacom.
55. Vodacom is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and / prize redemption process of the Programme.
56. Vodacom shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winners for entering the Programme or in claiming the prize.
57. Vodacom, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from a customer’s participation in the Programme or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
58. In addition, neither Vodacom nor its agents shall be responsible for any loss or misdirected entries, including entries that were not received due to any failure of hardware, software, or other computer or technical systems.
59. If Vodacom is required by law to alter or cancel any aspect of the Programme or to terminate it as a result of changes in legislation, or for any reason whatsoever, it will have the right to terminate the Programme being offered, with immediate effect and without notice. In such event all entrants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Vodacom and its associated companies, agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
60. Vodacom may refuse to award the prize if these Terms and Conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. Vodacom is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason and will not be obliged to notify that they are rejected.
61. All information relating to the Programme which is published on any marketing material will form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between such marketing material and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.