International Calling T & Cs
- The following terms and conditions apply to Vodacom’s International Calling services:
- The international calling capability will only be made available to credit approved Contract customers. It will be made available by default to all Top Up and Prepaid customers.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to familiarize themselves with the applicable rates and charges for making international calls using Vodacom’s International Calling services. These rates and charges are subject to change. Always refer to the Vodacom South Africa website or alternatively contact Vodacom’s Customer Care on 082 111 for the most up to date rates and charges.
- Free minutes cannot be used for making international calls.
- Domestic promotions and discounts (i.e:Yebo4Less) do not apply for international calls made and Talking Points are not accumulated for international calls.
- Premium and special destinations are excluded from Standard international calling and International calling plus rates.
- These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time and where material changes are made, Vodacom will provide you with reasonable written notice ahead of such change(s).
Standard International Calling terms & conditions
- All standard International Calls are charged on a per minute basis.
- All standard International Calls are charged on a per second basis for Lesotho and Mozambique from 5 April 2017 to 5 November 2017.
International Calling Plus terms & conditions
- This permanent offer will be available from 26 May 2013 onwards.
- This offer is available to all customers (Contract, Top Up and Prepaid), but will not be available to Community Service Telephones (CST’s).
- Customers will be able to opt in to the offer for a recurring fee of R5 (Inclusive VAT)/month.
- Opt in will be possible for all customers using Keyword SMS (Contract customers send “World” to 123, Top Up and Prepaid customers send “World” to 100)
- All customers can also opt in using the USSD self-help channel via the *111# menu.
- Customers can opt in to the offer at any time, and the R5 opt in fee will be charged for the current month at the time of opt in and all future, recurring monthly opt in fees will be charged on the 1st day of the new month thereafter.
- When opt in is attempted during the middle of a month, no pro rating of the monthly fee will apply and the full R5 opt in fee will apply at the time of opt in.
- The monthly R5 opt in fee will be added to the bill of contract customers, and will be deducted from the airtime of Top Up and Prepaid customers.
- If the R5 monthly opt in fee cannot be deducted from a Top Up or Prepaid customer due to them having insufficient airtime in their account at the time the transaction is attempted, they will receive a message indicating that their opt in has failed and they should reattempt opt in again once they have recharged their account with sufficient airtime. The same applies for recurring monthly opt in transactions which fail for similar reasons.
- If a customer who is already opted in, attempts to opt in again, they will be informed that they are already opted in to the offer.
- Call sponsor does not apply to this offering
- Customers who are opted in to the offer, will benefit from the reduced international calling rates for the specified destinations only, for the calendar month during which they are opted in (and not 30 days from the time of opt in). The reduced international calling rate applies to the specified destinations only and will apply to both Mobile Originated Calls and Call forwards respectively.
- For customers who are opted in to the offer, international calls to the specified destinations will be charged on a per second basis, from the first second.
- All international calls made to destinations other than the specified destinations will be charged at the existing standard international calling rates, using the existing per minute unitisation (60:60).
- No talking points will be awarded for any international calls made using International Calling Plus.
- Opt out will be possible via Keyword SMS for all customers (Contract customers send “World Stop” to 123, Top Up and Prepaid customers send “World Stop” to 100)
- All customers can also opt out using the USSD self-help channel via the *111# menu.
- Opt out is free for all customers, and will be effected for the month after the last valid monthly opt in fee deduction at the time of opt out.
- Vodacom reserves the right to change the list of qualifying destinations included in the International Calling Plus offer without prior notice and to change the pricing associated with each destination. It also reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time.