1. The Vodacom Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) is an optional customer equipment offering for Vodacom Fibre customers as detailed in the Vodacom Fibre terms and conditions.
2. The Vodacom Fibre and Vodacom UPS terms and conditions are available at www.vodacom.co.za/fibre.
3. The Vodacom UPS terms and conditions as detailed herein are subject to change from time to time.
4. The Vodacom UPS terms and conditions are subject to Vodacom’s Standard terms and conditions.
5. Where there is any conflict between Vodacom’s Standard terms and conditions and the UPS specific terms and conditions, the last mentioned shall prevail.
Provision of the UPS
6. The Vodacom UPS is offered as an optional device for Vodacom Fibre customers only.
7. The Vodacom UPS is offered as a once-off purchase.
8. Vodacom will offer a UPS device suited to operate with the Vodacom Fibre service.
9. Vodacom reserves the right to change the UPS device offered and the price of the device from time to time.
UPS Device Warranty
10. The UPS device has a 24 month warranty on the UPS device itself and a 12 months warranty on the battery contained in the UPS.
11. The UPS warranty period commences on the date of acceptance of delivery of the UPS by the customer.
12. A faulty UPS can be swapped out for a replacement by the customer or an approved installer.
13. The warranty on a replacement UPS will be valid for the balance of the initial warranty period.
14. The UPS warranty will be voided if damage is caused by malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorized repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object into the device.
15. The UPS is not designed for installation in an electrical distribution board.
16. The UPS is not designed for installation into existing electrical cabling such as lighting fixtures or power plugs.
17. The UPS is suitable for light non-inductive loads, but not the following loads i.e. fridges, fluorescent lights, koi pond pumps, hair dryers, electric fences, kettles, microwaves, toasters, or any other electric device with an AC motor, compressor or heating element.
18. The above listed uses can damage the UPS and therefore are not covered by warranty.
Warranty Process and Details: In warranty
19. Should a faulty UPS returned be classified as a valid “in warranty” claim the device or relevant part may be replaced with the same or equivalent device or part.
20. Where a replacement is provided the UPS device or part replaced ceases to be the property of the customer.
21. Replacement or repair of the UPS device or part does not extend the warranty period.
Warranty Process and Details: Repairs
22. Should the UPS need to be repaired, it must be repaired by a duly authorised agent, either on site or by return to the manufacturer.
Warranty Process and Details: Replacement
23. Should the UPS need to be replaced, it will be returned to the manufacturer for replacement.
Warranty Process and Details: Costs
24. Under warranty, no costs will be levied on the customer if the UPS is handed in and collected at a Vodacom Walk In Centre (WICC).
25. Should the customer wish for the UPS to be collected or delivered from the site where it is installed, these costs are for the customer.
Warranty Process and Details: Ownership
26. The customer has full ownership of the UPS.
Warranty Process and Details: General Exclusions and Limitations
27. In the event that no identical product is available for the device exchange, the device may be replaced with a UPS of equal capacity or the customer may be offered the choice of a UPS upgrade at an extra cost.
28. The warranty does not cover manuals and packaging, power cords or wiring.
29. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear of the UPS and/or parts.