1. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service is an optional service offering Vodacom Fibre customers broadband data access via mobile data access technologies during a Vodacom Fibre Broadband service interruption as detailed in the Vodacom Fibre terms and conditions.
2. The Vodacom Fibre and Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up terms and conditions are available at www.vodacom.co.za/fibre.
3. The detailed Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up offering is available at www.vodacom.co.za/fibre.
4. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service is subject to Vodacom’s Standard terms and conditions.
5. Where there is any conflict between the Vodacom Standard terms and conditions and the Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service terms and conditions, the last mentioned shall prevail.
Provision of the Mobile Back-up service
6. Vodacom can only provide the Mobile Back-up service service where there is Vodacom GSM 4G, 3G or 2.5G network presence.
7. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service will be offered as an optional service for Vodacom Fibre customers.
8. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service is only available on a 24-month service contract.
9. The provision of the Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service is subject to credit vetting.
10. Vodacom does not warrant an uninterrupted Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service should there be a Vodacom Fibre service interruption.
Commencement and Duration
11. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service contract start date commences on the date of acceptance of delivery of the mobile modem and GSM SIM by the customer.
12. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service contract shall remain in force for the initial period as defined by the contract period (i.e. 24 months) where after it shall continue on a month to month basis.
13. The customer can renew or cancel the contract after the initial Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up contract period.
14. When a Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service contract is terminated before the initial period, an early cancellation penalty will apply, equivalent to all of the remaining subscriptions due for the initial period.
15. Vodacom will offer a mobile modem and GSM SIM suited to operate with the Vodacom Fibre customer premises equipment (CPE), more commonly known as a router.
16. Vodacom reserves the right to change the mobile modem offered.
Device warranty agreement
17. The mobile modem has a 24 month warranty.
18. The mobile modem warranty period commences on the date of acceptance of delivery of the mobile modem by the customer.
19. A faulty mobile modem can be swapped out for a replacement by the customer or an approved installer.
20. Vodacom reserves the right to replace a modem with any other alternative modem provided the modem has the same specifications as the modem replaced.
21. The warranty on a replacement mobile modem will be valid for the balance of the initial warranty period.
22. The mobile modem warranty will be voided if damage is caused by malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorized repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object into the device.
23. The mobile modem warranty will not apply to use in any other devices than the Vodacom Fibre customer premises equipment (CPE).
24. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service has a capped monthly data allocation.
25. If the Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service monthly data allocation is depleted, then the GSM connection will be ended.
26. The Vodacom Fibre Mobile Back-up service will only work in conjunction with the CPE provided as part of the Vodacom Fibre service contract.