1. Customers can browse basic Facebook services for free while in the FREE mode.
2. Free Facebook will be available at no charge to the customer. The customer does not require data resources to access Free Facebook.
1. Paid Facebook (DATA) is the normal full Facebook experience with access to all the services.
2. There are no changes to billing and normal depletion rules will apply for data usage in paid Facebook.
3. Should the customer not wish to continue with the full paid Facebook service, the customer can toggle to Free Facebook (FREE) for the basic version at no cost.
Facebook Flex usage rules
1. Using the Facebook Flex service would mean customers grant Vodacom permission to give Facebook periodic access to their cellphone number
2. The use of the Facebook Flex service would also mean that customers grant Facebook to share their information with Vodacom
3. The Facebook Flex service allows Vodacom customers to switch between the Free or Paid for Facebook service
4. The Facebook Flex service will be applicable to all major mobile browsers
5. In the event that the customer wants to access Facebook flex from a desktop using a Vodacom network, the customer should be able to access the service by typing “m.facebook.com”
6. Viewing and downloading of videos will be billed as per subscriber tariff
7. Top up and Post-paid customers who are soft locked, hard-locked or blacklisted will not be able to access the Facebook Flex service
8. The Facebook Flex service will be available to customers on the Facebook website and App
9. Customers accessing the Paid-For Facebook service will be charged for data consumed using the service
10. Should a customer select/click on a link that directs them away from the Facebook Paid For service [i.e. imbedded link/website], the usage will be billed in accordance to the customer's tariff or depleted from any other valid/available data bundle
11. If the customer is using data from a Vodacom network Wi-Fi hotspot, the data usage of the Paid For Facebook service should be billed to the Wi-Fi hotspot account
12. No data charges for will apply to customers using the Free Facebook service via the Facebook Website or App on a phone that has a Vodacom SIM card.
13. Prepaid and Top up customers should be able to access the Free Facebook service at no data cost even when they have no active data or airtime in their account
14. If a Vodacom customer is using data from a Vodacom network Wi-Fi hotspot, the data usage of the Free Facebook service should be at no cost
15. If a Vodacom customer is using data from a non-Vodacom network Wi-Fi hotspot, the customer will not have access to the free Facebook service
16. If a Vodacom customer is using data from a G-Connect Vodacom Wi-Fi hotspot, the customer will not have access to the free Facebook service
17. IOS and Windows FB applications are not supported. Customers using these operating systems would need to use their mobile browser to access Flex.
18. Facebook Messenger is not zero-rated.
Vodacom reserves the right to suspend the service in the event of suspected abuse where non-compliant devices as specified by the regulating body ICASA are being used on the Vodacom network.