Data Bundle Transfer T & Cs
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions relate to the Vodacom Bundle Transfer Service and do not replace any other terms and conditions, agreements or contracts which exist between the customer and Vodacom and their Service Providers. By using this service you accept these terms and conditions.
HOW THE SERVICE WORKS
1. Bundle Transfer allows Vodacom customers to send SMS, MMS and Data Bundles to other Vodacom customers.
2. Bundle Transfer is a transfer of airtime from the transferring customer that is immediately converted into a bundle for the receiving customer.
3. The airtime amount a customer may transfer for Bundle Transfer is limited to the SMS, MMS and Data bundles on offer via the MyPhone Service from time to time, and is not restricted to a minimum airtime amount.
4. The Bundle Transfer Service can also be used between customers who do not belong to the same Service Provider.
5. Bundle Transfer is a free service.
6. The transferring customer will receive a confirmation SMS once the transaction has been completed successfully. The SMS will state the bundle type, size and the cost of the bundle, and the transferring customer’s cell phone number.
7. The receiving customer will receive an SMS stating the bundle type, size that has been transferred, the validity of the bundle, and the transferring customer’s cell phone number.
8. If a customer attempts a transfer via MyPhone Service when they do not have sufficient funds in their IN account (also referred to as “the wallet”) they will receive a message: “You do not have sufficient funds to allow the transfer. Your transfer limit is RXXXXX.” The limit they are given is the actual transfer limit, i.e. 80% of recharged value.
9. Data bundles available for Data Bundle Transfer are Standard Data Bundles, and are subject to the Standard Data Bundle Terms and Conditions which can be found at www.vodacom.co.za
10. Once the bundle has been transferred, the transfer cannot be reversed.
11. A contract customer must obtain permission from the Service Provider to be provisioned for the Airtime Transfer service (with the exception of Vodacom Service Provider customers who were pre-provisioned), in order to make use of the Bundle Transfer service.
12. A contract customer may transfer an SMS, MMS or Data bundle to any Vodacom contract, prepaid or top up customer.
13. A contract customer can receive an SMS, MMS or Data bundle from another Vodacom customer.
14. All Airtime Transfer business rules will apply in respect of the limit a customer has for bundle transfer.
15. If the contract subscriber’s phone is locked he will not be able to transfer a bundle.
16. All active Vodacom Prepaid customers will be able to transfer and receive SMS, MMS and Data bundles from another valid Vodacom customer.
17. Prepaid customers are automatically provisioned to make use of the service.
18. Bundles transferred to a Prepaid customer will be applied to the receiving customer’s bundle account.
19. Any airtime that is provided on connection of any starter pack will not be allowed to be used to transfer a bundle.
20. Prepaid customers are only allowed to transfer bundles valued at up to 80% of the value of their accumulated recharges in their account; this excludes any credit acquired due the connection of any Vodacom Starter Pack.
21. If the transferring Prepaid customer is locked for any reason, bundle transfer will not be possible.
Top Up Customers:
22. Top Up customers must be provisioned for this service by the Service Provider
23. All active Vodacom Top Up customers will be able to receive SMS, MMS and Data bundles from another valid Vodacom customer.
24. Top Up customers are allowed to make use of Bundle Transfer.
25. Top Up customers may not use any of the credit they receive on the 1st of every month to transfer a bundle.
26. Top Up customers are able to transfer a bundle up to the value of 80% of all recharges made above the airtime credit received on the 1st of every month.
27. Vodacom does not make any express or implied representations, warranties or guarantees regarding the availability, accuracy, reliability, timeliness, quality or security of the Bundle Transfer Service.
28. To the extent permitted by law, Vodacom shall not be liable to the Customer or any third party for, and the Customer indemnifies and holds Vodacom harmless against, any expense, loss, claim, harm or damages (whether direct and / or indirect) suffered or sustained by the customer, which arises directly or indirectly out from the customers subscription to or use of this service.
Bundle Transfer is between Vodacom customers only
Data Bundle options are limited to the Broadband Standard Once-off Bundle options. Please note that the last bundle purchased or allocated determines the tier (Advanced vs Standard) for all the bundles allocated to the customer.
All Contract, Top Up and Prepaid customers may transfer an SMS, MMS or Data bundle if provisioned for this service.
All Contract, Top Up and Prepaid customers may receive an SMS, MMS or Data bundle.
All Contract, Top Up and Prepaid customers must be provisioned as per the current airtime transfer processes and rules. (Refer to Airtime Transfer Business Rules)
Bundles can only be transferred if the sender has sufficient airtime available.
Prepaid and Top Up customers are only allowed to transfer 80% of their manual recharges, (excluding subscriptions) therefore customers can not transfer any airtime from the starter packs or their monthly subscription If your phone is locked, you will not be able to transfer a Bundle
If the recipient’s phone is locked, you will not be able to transfer an SMS, MMS or Data Bundle.
Once a Bundle has been successfully transferred, both the sender and receiver will receive a confirmation SMS.